Do people have control over what happens to them?

Asked by: xoxoSOS
  • Yes, We have control over what happens to us.

Now, What does the word "happened" means? It is highly correlated with the word "effect". And, Observe, There will be no "effect" if there is no "cause". This is the very reason the "Butterfly Effect" is existing. But, Some might say, The "cause" of all these "effects" is nothing but Fate. Here, A blunder you'll commit if you agree on this one. For, Fate is nothing but the one who created the system of "Cause" and "Effect". A proof? If you don't eat for a month, You'll struggle real hard if you don't die. "If you don't eat", That is the Cause. And what is the Effect? You'll die. Now, Where's Fate, It is fate that if you don't eat for that long period of time, You'll die. That's why, People do have control over what happens to us.

Because if you argue with this, It's like you're letting others (thing or man) to meddle in who you are or what you are. Or it's like you're constantly blaming something or someone for what's happening in your life. And it's not a pleasant character to have.

Now, If you disagree, Reply.

• Do people have control over what happens to them?

Honestly, I really believe that we do not have full control over what happens to us. One reason people do not control what happens to them is that for example teachers and everything to do with school impacts what happens in your life, Yes people may argue people make their own decisions and well that is 100% true but listen here TINY BRAINED PEOPLE if it wasn't for what you grew up with or around or even from the shows you watched then you wouldn't have made that very decision. Listen if you wouldn't have grown up with people who l does bad things then you might have done worse things or sometimes better things so whatever you grow around impact what you do and who you become, Everyone you have relationships with kind of trick your brain to think more like them and be more like them so if you have a friend that drinks then you will be more likely to drink and you will be more likely to do thinks like that of age or not of age. Just think if I was someone that did drugs and I was your best friend then you would be more likely to try it and be like hell yeah I wanna get high. Do y'all see where I'm coming from? Anyways that's my opinion I love debating hope y'all do too thank you for coming to my ted talk bye peoples oh btw no autographs I know I'm amazing but my brain to big for that

• IMO, No and yes, But mostly no

People don't always have a choice to control what happens to them, But at the same time, People do. People don't have a choice to control because of random coincidence/chances or maybe at the decision of others. On the other hand, People do have a choice to control what happens to them because they themselves usually have the ability to choose what they want and what they believe is good for them.