• Politicians deserve privacy

If the public knew everything about the candidate, Including their past, The things they may have happened could blind the public from seeing if the person has good values and political idea. If you were running for office, Would you want people knowing everything about you and judging you based on events that occurred a long time ago? Personal privacy should not have anything to do with public office. The public should only be focused on their political views and stances.

• Politicians should have privacy

Politicians are part of the general public, Meaning they have a right to privacy. Just because they decide to get elected, Does not mean they forfeit that right. Additionally, Without the right of privacy, Many good people could be discouraged from running, Do to some small error in their past that they believe could hurt them, No matter how good they are for the job. Crimes are not a part of this argument because crimes are state interest any way and are not protected under the right to privacy.

• I personally feel like they should have the right to privacy

They are human to but they decided to put themselves in a public office so I think they should et privacy to a certain extent like I don't wanna know what sports there kids play or what they had for breakfast I wanna know there background if any traumatic experiences happened that could cause them to be incapable of eating this great country

• Kkkkgkkkggkgkkgkgggggg kgllf ftttttttttttttt

Cfkjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkjgcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccctnyn ih fh f bktnhtlrsntrngitkhd iutnhdiutukutnhsunhntdhtuhnuhthontngotsuljuvnsguintsgsngtuinivns tegnegtrnitugntugrnnsdnasrtunv uibgiergtuegns h hgt viht v v uti uit vit vi tuiv gu u ti tuv t vt vt uv ui uiv tvtu vutuv v v wiu uit uiw ui tui wui iv wv wui vw viut viu vuw tuv w viw viuv viw i wvw viu v

• Politicians are only humans.

Politicians should have the right to privacy to a certain extent because they are humans too. According to the European Convention on human right, i quote, "Everyone has the right to respect for his private and family life, his home and his correspondence." Of course, politicians' privacy is limited because they make a career out of serving the public. However, the privacy of the politicians should not be disrupt to the case they develop mental illness or even death.

• Yes because Tony Abbotts a good man

Because they have a right to privacy, you no bros. Tony abbots a good man and he should be allowed to have some fun every now and a again. Like when he culled the beer he should be able to have fun without having it go all over the media system. Yeah bro

• Absolutely - slippery slope

Everyone has a right to privacy, full stop. You start a very dangerous precedent if you start saying that some people have rights whilst others don't. Would you want someone recording every word you say, no! So why would you demand that others give up their human rights just so that the big brother public can check up on them?

• Yes, but to a limit

Everyone has the right to privacy to some extent. Politicians, and other public figures, do trade away some of their privacy rights for their positions of power. Politicians are public servants so they do have an obligation to the public. This, in part, can cost some privacy in their lives that regular citizens are afforded.

Posted by: pdrm
  • Yes They Do

All people have a right to some sort of privacy in their lives. Whether a person is a politician, or a movie star, they have the right to privacy. Whether they get that privacy or not is a completely different story. They knew they were giving it up when they took their job.

• To some extent

They have the right to privacy concerning their private lives, but concerning views, opinions, and anything on the political frontier, no, these matters should be open to the public. We elected them so we should have the right to know how we are being represented. Politicians give up a lot of their right of privacy when they decide to enter into the political arena.

• Its when no one is watching that what you do counts.

I don't think so because of the possible corruption of politicians. I am not saying that we need to know what color of underwear they have or what time they go to bed. But if for instance, a politician committed adultery, it could change your opinion about them. They practically give up their right to privacy once they run for office. It matters what people do when no one is watching them.

• Privacy Hides Corruption

They should have almost no privacy. Tax records, holdings, school records and any other pertinent records should be made public in order to assure that only the straightest arrows get into the race to begin with. After they are in office a third party, with proper clearances, should always be recording and reviewing all communications of the elected official with the understanding that their job is to reveal any wrong doings to the proper authorities and the public.

• I don’t think that politicians have any kind of right to privacy.

I don’t think that politicians have any kind of right to
    privacy. Politicians are public servants
    who are supposed to give their lives in order to serve the people. They give up their right to privacy as soon
    as they take their oath of office. If
    they want privacy, they should pick a different career.

• Not In The Same Way Regular Citizens Do

Politicians are public figures. They make their career out of representing the public and being in the public eye. They do have a right to privacy in many respects, like I don't believe people can just come in their house or take pictures of them on the toilet. However, their personal views and their personal actions are relevant to how they will lead and legislate, so regarding these issues, they have a limited sense of privacy.

• Welp then i see

Just gonna put this here and although I don't know how to explain my opinion its mine and yeaaaah
    so
    lets
    just
    tell you a bit about my life. I was born in the coldest part of Canada and so ice has always run through my veins I command a large troop wolves and they do as i say they have brought me 38 pounds of spaghetti so that I didn't have to leave my couch and so that I may feast for a solid 8 minuets.

• He who rules must be seen

A a a a a a a aa aa a aa aa a aa a aa a aa aaa aa a aa a a aa a asa a a aa a a aa aa a aa a a a a aa a a a aa a a a a a

>