• Massachusetts schools indoctrinate their students.

The Definition of indoctrination: To teach a person or group to accept a set of beliefs uncritically. In the schools my kids go to, they promote multiculturalism very, very often. When it is raised... In class or in books or video, it is always with a favorable bias. Never do they discuss potential problems or downside risks. An opinion in favor of, or against, multiculturalism is an opinion, not a fact. As such, both sides of the issue need to be presented for it to not be considered indoctrination.

• Not much rational thought process going on

They regurgitate what they were taught. They are not taught rational though, they are taught what to think not how to think. Public schools are also a place where the kids are told what they can and cannot wear, what shots they have to have. It would be much more beneficial if kids were allowed to be kids and not told to sit down and shut up while a teacher drones on about topics most kids do not care about all day long.

• They absolutely do

People naturally assume that the public school system is trying to do what's best of the children. The fact of the matter is that these institutions have nothing to do with education. They are set up by people who, like all other people, have their own personal agendas. The public school's true purpose is to put certain messages into the children's heads so they'll be more obedient of the government when they get older.
    Consider the 'grade' system. You start off in first grade, where you're placed not by academic ability, nor by willingness to learn, but by age. The reason for this is very simple. Most children already think of adults as if they're their superiors, and now they'll associate their position in the grade system with superiority. Obviously, that's nonsense. A kid in the 5th grade may very well have less overall academic ability then a kid in the 2nd grade. Moreover, education isn't something that can be ranked. The kind of education that tends to be more valuable later on in life is your specialization, not the sheer quantity of raw general knowledge.
    Next, consider the way a classroom is structured. The teacher is in charge. The students are to listen to the teacher. This is most peculiar as well. After all, the teacher is a hired employee, who is in fact working for the students. If anything, the teacher should be listening to the concerns of the students, not the other way around. The reason the classroom setting is set up in this way is clear. The students learn at an early age to respect authority figures, so later on, they obey the government.

• I Can't Come Up With A Headline

This dude do be right. Sorry if I'm making you mad because I'm not even trying to debate, But this dude is right. The 2% that said no are either radical leftists or liberal teachers and superintendents trying to deny it. Like it or not, This dude spitting straight facts.

• Yes, They're always bias and discriminatory towards conservative children. Teachers always expose their opinions as facts, Suppressing any reasonable questioning.

Always left wing leaning. Actually, FAR-LEFT leaning, They, As I said before, Always express their opinions as facts and everyone who have questions or doubts are called fascists, Nazis, Homophobic, Transphobic and so on and so fort. They want you to blindly follow their POVs without any doubt. None. Zero. How dare you!

• During this covid19 lockdown, I have been able to see the indoctrination

I've witnessed indoctrination for both my kids in college and high school. Professors talking nasty even about the president. Nothing substantial only hate and division. English class is about hatred and division ad well as history. I wish professors would teach their class and stop poisoning our children. It's gotten to the point that my kids are so full of hatred and don't want to go back to school anymore.

• Yes they do!

I mean the government is the reason why, He is working with the devil, The system is trying to brainwashed kids to make them blend in society, Making them think that the government is the hero, Presidents are innocent people but the kids don't realize they aren't, And they rewrite history to think fake history is true, I may be a student that goes to a public school but I know the truth, The truth is that the government enjoys corruption and nearly every american public school is corrupted, And that's the truth.

• Currently at 6th form

They give us sessions here called learning to learn, Which teaches you barely masked leftist ideology. They blatantly tell people Brexit is bad, And that having open borders and more diversity would improve the country. When any right wing thoughts are voiced, They are quickly shut down by the teachers and even sadly my fellow classmates.

• Without a Doubt

“The proof is in the pudding! ” as they say.
    I’ve had endless discussions with so called well educated individuals who are totally in the dark about half the subjects they profess the be well versed. Civics, History, Economics etc. It is really pathetic.
    These are the half educated. . . . Sad very sad.

• School system created to remove individual thinking

I AS a parent of four raising children strong in cultural history and faith, Believe the school system is the devils doorway to create minds to depend on government politics hard work ethic to live to serve an American nation that does not serve out true indigenous people, So basically indoctrination of mind control. . . Mental slavery. WHAT they teach you in their State approved text books is far from real truths, Homework and assignments exhaust today's young minds, Keep their focus on pleasing the system, And don't draw them near their faith standards but instead, Make it questionable. THE clear mind control tactics through school sheets and assignments is to make and create a one student mindset that does not think away or oppose to the way the school system lays out rules regulations and their hidden lies projected as truth. Also sad but true but there's a preference to how a minority to the typical white race will compare and when given the placement tests is only to see if a minority will qualify inside their system or compatible to be broken and trained to serve. It's a shame because the school system has become just as corrupt as the government and might I say enough so, They build up these young minds to over expect to go to some of the most prestige schools, To learn a trade in exchange to believe they'll be seen and accepted as superior in the working class system. Far from the truth because in the end they're working hard in debt, For the rest of their life to pay off school loans, And by the time they land a job it's not the ideal one promised in 11th grade by your counselor, And your stressed and miserable. Too late when you come to realize children tested at young ages were already pre chosen and they knew whom they'de choose and who they would just fill with vain dreams, But with expectatives that in some moment your child would say " is it me? " BUT no it never was. . . This place runs on race, And political powers and corrupt system and favoritism. Indigenous people and blacks are not their priority. The system was made to create and reprogram an already very smart overstanding intelligent unique mind. The understanding is to keep the minds below what's expected. THEY know how to keep us under.

• There is a difference between Indoctrination and Socialization

So to quote from my college textbook, one of the function of education is socialization: "The general process of social learning whereby the child learns the many things necessary to become a well-functioning and acceptable member of a particular social environment” (Ryan and Cooper - Those Who Can, Teach, edition 13). Yes, some indoctrination does occur but it is all subjective. Some form of socialization is UNAVOIDABLE. Plus this website DID NOT define indoctrination. If we are to have a productive debate on the topic, that would be nice.

Basically, what I am saying is that some model of common courtesy and professionalism is absolutely necessary for job interviews and building professional relationships. School can be an appropriate facilitator for such purposes.