• Students shouldn't work more than adults.

During elementary and middle school, Students only receive some work, And go to bed with a healthy amount of sleep every day. However, When students in the US start high school at the age of 14, They start receiving more and more, And with the pressure from society to go to college and succeed, They are often taking multiple AP or other college level classes. Students like this often do extracurricular activities and sports, Not coming home until 6 o' clock or even later, Needing to shower are eat dinner and still having a essay due on Wednesday and a project due on Friday. Students are mentally and physically exhausted, And sometimes don't go to bed until 12 or after due to homework, And with having to wake up at six or seven in the morning, Are not even getting a sufficient amount of sleep. This cycle repeats every week for five days. People say students are given a choice, But to choose sacrificing one's health to go to a better college or having a relaxing high school life but a stressful future isn't something high school students should have to choose. Adults work around eight hours a day, And come home to eat dinner and not worry about something due at 12 o' clock online. High school students shouldn't be trying so hard. The upper tier may receive and work up to six hours a day, Which, In my opinion, Is four hours too much. Most teachers don't consider the fact that students have several other classes, Many of which may give the same amount or even more. A teacher gives an assignment, Saying it should take no more than an hour, But if a student has seven subjects, And coincidentally, All give the same amount of work, A student is burdened with seven hours worth of work. First, A limit should be placed. A student should never work more than four hours a day for only homework. If a student has a mere four subjects a day, Than that student can receive up to one hour work per class. If a student has seven classes, Than that student may not receive anymore than around 35 minutes of work per class. Second, Teachers should only give work that is meaningful and reflects what the teacher has taught in class. A student should not write a summary about any random article off the internet just because the teacher wants to put in another grade. That is a waste of time, And a student could use those 30 minutes to do other, More meaningful work. A student shouldn't have to be given a vocabulary list with terms the teacher hasn't gone over yet, And a student shouldn't have to read from the textbook about a concept he or she can't understand. Teaching is the duty of the teacher, Not the Internet.

• We don't have enough time

I am a high school student and I get a lot of homework each day. I am also very involved in my school, By doing sport and cultural activities throughout the week. I only get home at 8 o'clock most nights due to sport practises and extra activities, And by that time at night I am extremely tired and don't feel like doing all my homework. All of you are saying that life isn't fair and I know it isn't but high school is hard work, Especially when you have so much homework and so many projects to do. And to all the people who vote "yes" I praise you!

• While homework may be important too much is harmful.

Students attend school for around 7 hours per day 5 days a week, it is simply unnecessary, unethical, and tedious for students to then go home and proceed to do 2 more hours of work. A popular study has said that there is a correlation between homework and achievement in school, but “Correlation is not causation,” she said. “Does homework cause achievement, or do high achievers do more homework?” (Cathy Vatterott, an education professor at the University of Missouri-St. Louis.) .Students have emotionally stated that homework is stress-inducing, and “homework can cause physical and emotional fatigue, fuel negative attitudes about learning and limit leisure time for children”. “Pope and her colleagues found that too much homework can diminish its effectiveness and even be counterproductive. They cite prior research indicating that homework benefits plateau at about two hours per night, and that 90 minutes to two and a half hours is optimal for high school.” their study found that homework is associated with: greater stress, “56 percent of the students considered homework a primary source of stress”, reductions in health,”In their open-ended answers, many students said their homework load led to sleep deprivation and other health problems.” , and Less time for friends, family, and extracurricular pursuits.

• Kids do mot have enough time

Us parents think that with all the after school activities are children are very stressed out about there homework and have very little time to do there homework. And sometimes the teacher does not teach the subject well enough for the kids to understand, and aswell as not enough time do there homework

• Math proves it!

In the European union the maximum amount of time someone is allowed work is 48 hours every week. A student get about 38 hours of school every week and about 18 hours of homework. 38 + 18 = 56. So students have to work 8 more hours than a working adult working at the legal limit.

• Students do not get too much homework.

Students get just the right amount of homework. If students got too much homework, they would not be able to finish it. Rather, the current system is acceptable and it has worked for countless generations in the past. Kids do not get too much neither too little homework from their teachers.

• No they don't.

Students do not get too much homework, in fact when I was a student in high school about two years ago I do not remember getting very much homework at all. We had the odd ball project to tackle here and there but aside from that our homework was only what we didn't finish in class.

• No they do not.

No students do not get to much homework, in fact they seem to be receiving to little homework. Over the years kids have been coming home with less and less home work and more time to goof off and not have to pay attentions to their studies. This is helping to create an education problem.

• Homework Keeps Kids Off the Streets

School-age children don't have too much homework. Extra assignments outside of class helps keep kids busy and off the streets. Homework also lets teachers assess how well students do without a teacher watching their every move. Homework fosters independent thought and quality work when a student puts his or her entire effort into a project or assignment.

• Life Isn't Fair

Children and parents alike need to realize that life is not easy. Homework is important and there aren't many people in academia that would disagree with me. Life is challenging and it's essential for students to do homework. It's not a debate topic anymore. The case has be solved. That homework you hate so much is essential. It's okay, student or not, we all have to do things we don't particularly like, to get along in life. Homework may be on of them, but guess what, if you buckle down and really work hard, you're going to better of, merely mentally, if you don't and who knows, maybe you'll even be lucky enough to become successful.

• Students don't need more work, just better quality work.

Homework doesn't have to take a long time, but students don't get enough to do. My children are three grades apart in elementary school, yet homework takes my son 5-10 minutes and my daughter about the same. In order for our children to be competitive academically and globally, they need better education and better quality work, but not necessarily more work.

>