Do violent video games contribute to youth violence?

• Violent video games contribute to youth violence.

It has been shown that violent video games can encourage young people to act violently. Children are immature and they cannot always tell the difference between real life and the fantasy world they see in video games. Many kids unconsciously become violent after repeatedly seeing violence on the video games screen.

• Children lose their sense of reality vs. Fiction

As a parent who recently removed rated M games from our home due to aggressive behaviors in our 8 year old, I believe that his obsession with Call of Duty, Modern Warfare, and other first person shooter games did in fact contribute to his aggression towards his family. Most importantly, himself and his 3 yr old brother. I believe that his lack of reality-based cognisance led him to make decisions to lash out not understanding that this is real life.

• Mirror neurons Working

Mirror neurons are brain cells that act for peoples' empathy to other. In video games, people have a chance to kill people or other creatures within feeling empathy to those who are killed. If people play video games a lot, it desentizes their mirror neurons and people think killing's fine.

• Yes it does.

Kids who play the violent games are pretty violent they talk about shooting people and guns also killing people. I have heard people a.K.A young kids talk about killing shooting and other violent things. I think that violent games can contribute to youth violence and kids can be more violent.

• Video games are bad

I think video games are harmful because they can become addictive, they cause violence, and they promote bad health.

One reason I think video games are harmful is because they can become addictive. Some people have lost their jobs because they became addicted to video games. Additionally, people that are addicted usually ignore family and friends. In addition, addicted gamers sometimes talk about what they are going to do the next time they get online. For example, when I was about 8-9 years old, some of what I talked about was what I would do when I got back on electronics (which is a sign of addiction). Nowadays, though, I don't do this as often. I really only do it 1 or 2 times a month. Keith Baker, director of Smith and Jones Addiction Consultants, states,“Video game addiction can be as problematic as gambling and affects players as young as 8 years old”. This means that video game addiction is very harmful. Video game addiction is unhealthy because it can take over your life.

Another reason why I think that video games are harmful for people is that some promote violence. Studies have shown that kids who play violent video games have more violent thoughts over kids who played educational games. Also, if somebody fails in a video game, they get angry and start doing harmful things. An example of one of these games is candy crush. Sometimes, this happens to me, and I start getting really, really furious, and I just want to break something or hit someone. We should try to play more non-violent video games.

The last reason I think videogames are bad for people is that they promote poor health. People that play video games too often don’t get enough exercise a day. They also don’t get enough vitamin D because they are not outside. Also, if they are playing too much, they might not get enough sleep. If you don’t get enough sleep, you won’t have enough energy. They will have more and more attention problems. This means that we should try to get as little video game time as possible.

• Sonic the murderer

My friend Andrew was murdered by this kid we grew up with. The kids name was Kyle he was always so nice to us. That is until he started playing sonic. He always said he had to go fast. One day he was running so fast he accidentally killed Andrew. Damn you sonic.

• Games Cause Violence

They cause bullying to others when people fight it cause them to go out and do things that they saw. People get all the violence from it like guns with shootings. This all is affected to how people act today. Another reason is when they are cooped up in there room and when they come out to there family they act all crazy because what they saw is what they act like

• Yes it does

Have you ever watched Killer Kids ? I watched one episode where the kid killed his father because he didn't let him play the game and that was a violent game. He went and got the shot gun and shot his father it was buzzard. At some point he lost his sense as to reality and fiction. 28% of boys and 5% girls agreed that liking guns and weapons motivates their game play

• Yes, they do contribute to youth violence.

Have you ever watched a child play violent video games? If so, you probably know that after a while of playing they start to think they are actually in the game and sometimes they almost lose their sanity, example: DIE! DIE! DIE! Something you would usually hear them say. I believe that killing is wrong, and therefore they should put a higher age rating on violent video games

• Omg the ignorance

There have been tests upon tests done with the result being no, video games do not make kids more violent. If the game is poorly coded, or unfair, then possibly, but that is beside the point. I wish the ignorant new how to educate themselves on this matter, so annoying.

• Video Games Dont Kill! Lag Does!

I play violent videogames And I Dont Want to Repeat anything I see, Nor do the games Put in a Crazy or Grumpy Mood. But What does get Me and Other People Mad Or Angry Is the Thing called "Lag" Where the game Slows Because of certain Reasons. Thats what is Making Our country violent.

• No They Don't

The idea that violent games create violence is the opposite of my theory. I believe that violence is vented on violent video games when played; to play these games lets anger out and for me at least replaces any violence and anger with just a fun happy mood which both i my brother and most of my friends agree.

• Video games are not the cause, it's their freinds

I am a teenager who plays violent games all the time, and am the nicest person around. The video games do not contribute any violent tendencies towards me whatsoever. I do however always play my games alone. My brother however always plays his video games with his friends, and he has a few minor violent tendencies that are normal, and ill language. I think that when he is online and talking to his friends he ends up being able to say whatever he wants to them and they are unable to do anything about it, or at least until the next time they meet. He started learning the ill language from his friends when he started playing video games. Though now that language is now a social norm for most who play with their friends.

• Violent Video Games are Only a Part of the Bigger Picture

Violent video games are not the only factor that contribute to youth violence. There has been much debate about an increase in playing violent video games leading to violent behavior in children. This is not the only factor involved. We live in a violent society, which promotes barbarism and violence in controlled settings, such as sporting events, movies, and video games. All three of these, plus comments from the media, promote violent behaviors, if children were susceptible to these in the first place.

• No they don't

Teenagers in general are very apt to risky behavior that is sometimes seen as violent. I don't think that video games can be seen as contributing to teen violence. I would say that parents need to monitor what their kids play and what the ratings on the games are for them.

• Violent video games do not contribute to youth violence.

Violent video games do not contribute to youth violence. Most children who play these games know that what they are playing is complete fiction and has no influence on the real world. I think it should be up to the parents to be able to judge what games children get to play.

• Video games create "rage" not acts of violence.

As a gamer myself and someone whos listened in on others get killed in various violent game titles. I can honestly say games make players rage (being mad at themselves for failing, the "slow" internet connection, their team mates for not doing their job, or at the game itself for being broken). I have NEVER seen someone play Grand theft auto and then later go outside to commit the same crimes they just did in game. I love grand theft auto but i would never even consider killing someone just for cash.

• Violent Video Games Are Awesome!

Violent Video Games do NOT Contribute to youth violence. Every little boy already loves to fight....They all love rough and tumble play. In my opinion, violent video games take the place of physical violence . Also, if all violent video games make your child violent, then all sport video games make your child great athletes!

• I am perfectly fine.

I play violent video games all the time, I am not violent at all. I never bully, I always act appropriately. There is nothing wrong with me, I am not affected by violent video games at all. I play first-person-shooters and I never get tempted to attack people at all.

arifordebates says2018-03-08T17:04:56.357
An 8-year-old boy intentionally killed a 90-year-old woman when he shot her in the head inside a Louisiana mobile home after playing a violent video game, police said.

But the child won’t be charged with a crime.

The boy fatally shot his elderly caregiver, Marie Smothers, after playing “Grand Theft Auto IV” — a video game critics often blame for promoting violence — inside the mobile home at a Slaughter, La., trailer park Thursday evening, police said.

Smothers was sitting in a chair and watching television when the unidentified boy fired one round into the back of her head, the East Feliciana Parish Sheriff’s Office said.

The violent video game is considered inappropriate for children 17 and under.
The violent video game is considered inappropriate for children 17 and under. (CATE GILLON/GETTY IMAGES)
The boy was taken into custody at the scene but later released to his parents, because Louisiana state law prevents children under 10 from being charged with a crime.

“You have a child that does not know the impact or the consequences of the act that he has committed,” Sclynski Legier, an attorney, told WAFB-TV. “He truly doesn’t understand that.”

The child initially told investigators that he accidentally shot Smothers while playing with the loaded pistol. But police later determined the elderly woman was targeted.
kayne88kayne says2018-09-13T03:07:46.287
As a Yr. 10 teenager who love playing video games. I have been investigating about Violent Video Games for my Hass assessment, And I have found out that violent video game does not cause violent behaviours, If you manage your time, And don’t play too much. From my data sales of violent video games have significantly increased while violent juvenile crime rates have significantly decreased. Video game hardware and software increased 204% from 1994 to 2014, While violent crimes decreased 37% and murders by juveniles acting alone fell 76% in that same period. This show that violent video games is not the main problem of the kids’ violent behaviour, But it actually reducing the kids’ aggressive behaviour, By letting it out in the video game. Yes, Some parents would say that they kid become more aggressive after playing violent video games, 60% of middle school boys and 40% of middle school girls who played at least one Mature-rated (M-rated) game hit or beat up someone, Compared with 39% of boys and 14% of girls who did not play M-rated games. But parent needs to understand that it up to them to control their kids time, How much should they play, And what game should they allow to play. I been through the same thing, Where I became more aggressive after playing too much violent video game, But after my parent come in and control my playing time, I have been able to play the same violent video game, And do not have any behaviour problem after the time management. Don’t only just blame the game, But looks at how you control your kids too.
>