Do we have to respect religions and accept the way someone chooses to dress.

• Everyone Should Have the Right to Religious Freedom

Religious Freedom and The way someone chooses to dress is a human right - It doesn't affect you so why do you care? You can live your life, And they can live theirs. . . I don't understand why people freak out so much about other cultures and religions. Ugh. Why? I guess we'll never understand.

• We should respect them.

No matter their religion or the way they dress we should respect them. That doesn't mean we have to like it or accept it but just show the respect they deserve. Everyone deserves respect and freedom to express themselves without backlash. It would be unfair to be mean simply because of a religion they chose/were born into and how they chose to dress.

• Equality and jut

We live in a world full of differences, And religion being one of them. However the differences in religion does not create the right to subject an individual to follow a specific rule. Every religion teaches us peace and harmony with whoever we encounter. This enables us to live with a high degree of tolerance thus giving everyone the right to dress as they please, As long as it does not violate public decency.

• We should respect all religions and the way they dress

If its not even your religion or the way you dress don't pay attention to it. And who knows, Maybe the person dresses the way they dress because they either want to or there forced to otherwise something horrible might of happened to them or a family member, Or friend in there life they just can't forget.

• The Constitution already Answered this

Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, Or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, Or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, And to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

So yes we should. Especially if they haven't caused any direct harm to you, Leave people alone and there should be an issue

• Yes you do not know what you are asking

I am a hard core christian. I read my bible and attend service and believe what I read, Not unlike the fake Christians. I believe religions should be respected because it goes both ways.
    In the bible it said forgive them for they know not what they do. Yet all of these people want to wage a religious war against people they perceived to be violent.
    Look only a small number middle easterners are extremists you have a greater chance of dying by a white christian extremist. You do not know what you are asking for. In the end true Christians will be hunted down because of all the violent fake Christians. What you sow will be what you reap, And your surprise will be that Jesus telling you that he does not know you because with your actions you have denied him.

• Everyone has the right to their own religion and expression.

Everyone has the right to their own religion, As the first amendment states. Even if you don't agree you should respect it. Someone dresses the way they want and that is none of your business. Agree or Disagree it is their decision and there is nothing you can do to change that.

• We should treat others how we would like to be treated.

Although we don't share same religion as everyone, We share similar beliefs, Teachings and morals to live by such as respect etc. . Also it brings nations and cultures together when we respect others religion. Also you can eespect someones religion by trying to understand their beliefs and point of views, Whereas there is no need in being disrespectful

• Islam is not a religion of peace.

Islam is a bad religion and does not fit American culture.

The Quran, Chapter 9 (At-Tawba), Verse 5:
    But when the forbidden months are past, Then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, And seize them, Beleaguer them, And lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, And establish regular prayers and practise regular charity, Then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

And were it not that Allah checks the people, Some by means of others, There would have been demolished monasteries, Churches, Synagogues, And mosques in which the name of Allah is much mentioned. And Allah will surely support those who support Him…

— Quran 22:40

don't respect this

• Nobody has to respect anything

Religion does not have to be respected, It is an opinion, And opinion does not have to be respected. However one should be tolerant of everybody's choices both with religion and their dress styles. I may not respect peoples religions but that does not mean I will be intolerant of them.

• We should respect people believing in a different religion, But we don't have to respect the religion itself.

People can believe whatever they want. As long as it doesn't harm others, People should respect other people's different religious associations.
    However, When it comes down to the religions itself, We don't have to respect their morals, Policies, And other religious practices. Reason being is that there are people who are going to disagree with many if the things practiced in one religion because of their different and conflicting religious stance. They have the right to have this opinion about other religions.

Now when it comes to the way someone dresses for the religion, It depends on why they are wearing it. If someone is wearing a certain outfit for their religion because it's their choice and they're not forced into wearing it, Then I couldn't care at all. On the Contrary, If the person is wearing an outfit for their religion because they are forced into it, Otherwise it's eternal damnation, Then i do not condone it at all and i don't respect that custom.
    So with respecting the way someone dresses for their religion, It depends if they are willing and choose to wear, Or if they are forced into it.

Posted by: CDC
  • Do we have to? No. Should we? Up to a certain point.

Look, I am REALLY agenst anyone who kills or otherwise harms another because they disagree about god. But if your religion says to harm those who haven't done anything wrong, Well I can't respect that.
    I also don't think you should HAVE respect someone (like you'd get serously punished for not doing so). It's wrong to tell someone they must beleave certain things. But I think in most cases, My best advice is: live and let live.