• My Body. My Choice.

I never want to have an abortion. I personally don't think that I could possibly have one, but that's not the point. The point isn't whether or not it's right or wrong, whether or not it's against the bible (dude that argument doesn't work on other religions or those without religious affiliation. I don't want an abortion, therefore I won't get one. It's that simple. If you don't like it, don't do it. Women have the right to choose. The important part is that they have that right and that right is protected.
    Don't like guns? Don't buy one.
    Don't like gays? Don't be one.
    Don't like sex? Don't have it.
    Don't like abortion? Don't get one.
    Do not try and restrict other people's rights. It's wrong.

• It's our bodies

It's not your body. Why can't I have a say in whether or not my body is changed drastically? It is my body! NOT YOURS. Why would you care? If I'm going to hell for having an abortion, I'll meet you there for judging and prosecuting me. It's my body. Not yours.

• Potential for Life

There are two main arguments against abortion that I have seen. The first of which calls upon the bible, and the second of which says that abortion is akin to murder. If this is so, spermicide would be akin to genocide, and every time someone fails to conceive when possible, it would also be considered a murder. As this makes absolutely no sense, I think that abortion should be allowed.

• Pregnant people are people too...

Anti-choicers, in their rabid chanting of 'murderer', 'the fetus is a person too', 'but it has a heartbeat and a brain and limbs', and 'but it's a child and a life', seem to forget that the person carrying said fetus also has a heartbeat, is also a person, and is not a breeding cow like Anti-choicers like to think.

People who have ended up pregnant and don't want the baby should have a right to a choice, whether to carry a baby to term, whether to put it up for adoption when it is born, or whether to abort it. They should not be shamed, threatened, and punished.

Why do people fight tooth and nail for a cluster of cells that are part of someone else's body at the time and forget that a person carrying said cluster is also a person?

• Life has not been made yet

Although a fetus is a living breathing human, is it really alive? Technically yes, but being alive has a different meaning from having a life. I agree, it is horrible that a life is taken through abortion and that baby will never have its opportunity to live. The one problem with society is that we make too many laws based on emotion. A lot of pro-life people are against abortion, fine. My question is why aren't many of them against birth control of any other types of contraception? Isn't that abortion as well? Isn't that taking the opportunity of life from a potential person? The fact is, abortion and contraception has no difference but people only argue abortion because they see a developing human and start to get emotional when in reality, interrupting fertilization is also "killing" a human.
    Back to my point on being alive and having a life. For example, if I was killed tomorrow, people would care. My family who I am apart of, my friends who I've made laugh and feel good, etc. Everyone's death has an impact on many peoples lives. Lets admit it, people like us, and some people like our company. If I were to be killed tomorrow many people would be devastated, and its a horrible thing. But does the same thing go for an unborn fetus? A fetus has no personality, it hasn't made friends, it hasn't impacted people lives, and it hasn't done anything to make it desirable (except being someones potential child). The fetus is alive, but it doesn't have a life. Its tough to make the decision of abortion, but people need to realize that theres always a reason, and its a great solution to a sticky situation. Since the loss of a potential person is far less dramatic than the loss of an actual person, I think abortion is okay (not amazing) to do.

• Yes, it's my body

It's my body and I'd rather not have anyone telling me what to do with it. A lot of different terrible things can lead to pregnancy and pregnancies can cause many issues for the mother. But even if the pregnancy is not caused by a rape or causing health issues, my body is my own and I'll decide what to have in it. I know that this is a hard concept for many people to grasp but it's just the way I feel. Pregnancy is a very emotionally and physically taxing thing and can leave you tired and depressed for a long time after you have the baby. It has also been used as a means to oppress women all throughout history. Also, people don't really like to hear this one, but there are some disabilities and extreme health issues that can be detected in the early stages of pregnancy that can make the child unable to ever have a normal life and the mother would have to spend her entire life dedicating all of her time to her disabled child. Some of these conditions are so debilitating that the child's life may be absolutely miserable.

• Yes, they do

It's always amazed me when men chime in on this debate to tell women what their body can and cannot do. The country has said what it needed to about that, while some backwards states are trying to change the definition of conception to "that time you kind of thought about kissing her maybe", the majority have shown where the stand with the removal of so many GOP members last election that openly showed their disdain towards women.

• Its the womens body

I think if the women has a reason why they want an abortion it should be perfectly fine what if she was raped? Who would want to have a baby from someone who raped them? Or what if you knew the baby would come out with disabilities why would you put your child through that if you knew you could prevent it? I believe that you should have a limited time of choosing an abortion like you cant wait until your 2 months or later. Its the womens body and it their decision.

• Existed rights is worthier than those not.

So those who say no to abortion, are you violating rights of an existed human-being for a not technically non-yet-existed life? So the woman has to suffer for someone else's fault, or for being a woman at all? The one who says no to abortion is not only sexism but also against the right of an existed human-being should enjoy.

• Life of the Child

A lot of women get pregnant at a young age and cannot support their child. This is one reason why abortion should be legal. Although it takes away the fetus' life, their life would have been otherwise horrible. Sometimes having an abortion is the right thing to do when it comes to the life of the child.

• No women do not have the right to abortion

I believe that all babies should have the right to life, and that women should not have access to having abortions. I think that abortion is tantamount to murder, and that babies should all have equal opportunity to live and breath outside of the womb. Instead of abortion, a focus on adoption would be better.

• It Depends But In Light of the full effects of the public policy including the effects of rhetoric to defend it, so right now NO

You do not have a right to do something which because of its legalization is creating gigantic (not just tiny) ripple effects in our society that could spell catastrophe. It's not legal abortion that's the problem so much as the arguments pro-choice people make. Arguments pro-choice people often without them even thinking about it imply that if you are abused/neglected, disabled, or even just a foster kid that therefore your life is completely worthless and you should've been aborted. That is not only extremely offensive but it gives credence to eugenicism and risks sending our society towards such an outcome. Saying things like "how many children have you adopted?" sends a message that if you weren't adopted, if you grew up in foster care that you are worthless and should have been aborted. It sends a further message that death is better than even the smallest of sufferings. Look at depression and suicide rates in society today. It is because of your rhetoric! Stop that sort of rhetoric, point out the societal pitfalls of making such arguments and emphasize arguments about bodily autonomy for the mother instead and I may become pro-choice again but just out of the sheer fact of what your argumentation has done to our society I must be pro-life!

• wow people can be selfish can they

I'm not gonna argue religion, or what make a person a person, etc. Don't say that it has been used to oppress women since it hasn't. (or at least prove it)
    i want to ask if people really think that there are no differences between males and females. Physically, biologically, psychologically there are definite differences. Women have a predestined (perhaps a too strong word) obligation to pro create. Since men cannot give birth to another human being that is something very special. To say its your own body is selfish since it wont be. It will be a fetal haven for your future child. We all have to thank out mothers for that. And for women it will be something to consider.
    I don't know what to say about children of disabilities or rape victims since i don't know witch is more cruel, kill it before or let it (possibly) suffer. When it come to whats right is...Well i guess letting it live...But ....Yea...
    A 14 year old girl who had sex with her 16+ year old boyfriend has the right to abort? I want to say no. Why should they, so they can do it again? That's just selfish.
    I guess what i mean to say is that if the right to abortion belittles the life of their own child?! That is not about women's rights, or liberty. That's just sex without the risk or guilt of a child.

Ps. I understand for most people abortion is a big deal and its not something that people waltz through and forget about it the next day. But what do people do? They lie and cheat, manipulate. To be negative about it isn't fair to the good people, but at the same time to be blindly optimistic is just stupid. I guess that's why there aren't too many "Christians" who side with the right of abortion, its hard.

• Women are infringing on what rights a fetus should have.

Currently, a fetus has absolutely no rights until the mother enters the second trimester. This means that at 89 days old, a fetus the size of an apple, with a functioning brain, large enough to move around, large enough for the mother to feel their child, may be "terminated". My stance has absolutely nothing to do with religion, I do not believe in god, however, I do have a strong enough moral sense of what is right and wrong to know that being aloud to kill a human, (homo-sapien) that is 89 days old is wrong, simply because of negligence, which is what it would be that far along, is ridiculous.

And you people say I can't even smoke a joint once in a while... Come on.

• Cold blooded murder.

It is not your body, it is a separate baby human being's body that is temporarily inside of yours. You shallow "women's rights" freedom fighters reciting oppression diatribe like a recording overlook the fact that your main opposition is WOMEN. Women who have children and women who wish they could have children. These women know that a fetus is a human being with a soul, and to rip it our prematurely and murder it is barbaric and spineless.

• It isn't you life to give.

Why can you rob a child life. I'm not saying you have to keep it, but it isn't fair that a child dies because of your choice. What would you think if your parents were thinking of aborting you. Every fetus has the possibility to become life, to do something good or bad. It isn't fair to rob that child of a choice to live.

• Abuse of Child's Rights

Advocates say a woman has a right to do what she wants with her body. A baby, should be treated as a human, on the basis that it will become a human and, if the woman didn't want the child, then either adopt or abstain from sex.Take responsibility for your actions. Being pregnant, is like signing a contract to provide your womb to the fetus, if you don't like it don't have sex. Don't kill the defenceless and voiceless. Babies, do try and move away from probes etc in the womb. Abortion drugs are like chemical genocide. The number of Aborted babies in the United states alone is on par with those killed by Mao's policies.

• Abortion is a crime against humanity

What I find interesting about arguing with someone who is pro-choice is that we are debating whether or not he or she had the right to live from conception. Technically speaking, when someone is conceived, there genetic material is the same as it is the day they die; me saying this at some point was already pre-determined when the sperm and ovum of my parents united. For all we know, a potential great scientist who would discover the cure to cancer has already been conceived, but was aborted.
    Also, the legality of abortion promotes sexual promiscuity, on the basis that if a girl becomes pregnant, then she can just kill the baby. This mentality costs the medical industry millions of dollars every year, to treat STI's such as HIV and gonorrhea.
    Finally, if this pro-abortion culture continues, then human-kind might potentially reach a point where no one will want to have kids (so they can have sex with as many people as they want), and the human race might almost die out. We are tempting fate.
    To conclude, getting an abortion or influencing a woman to do so is a horrible thing to do, and should not be permitted by law.

• Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

People who believe in abortion obviously have no heart. A baby is a great thing. You should be thankful God has given you the ability to have babies. There are so many other options for women who are pregnant and don't want to keep it. Why not bless someone elses family with a baby rather than for your own selfish reasons. I strongly believe that if you have an abortion you should be faced with prison time. If your going to kill your baby why not kill your mom too.. But you wouldn't do that would you.

• A country's fading morals...

Personally I think the typical 'it's my body, and I'll do what I want with it" excuse is one of the most pathetic excuses I've heard regarding abortions.
    People who's lives may be in danger because of pregnancy complications is one thing but using abortions as a fail safe for irresponsible behavior... Really?
    Accidents (or worse yet, rapes) may happen but why is giving the baby up for adoption always out of the question? Granted you'd have to give up 9 months of your life but I think that's nothing compared to ending a potential life.
    One other thing. Riddle me this, if its not murder when a mother decides to terminate, why would it be considered murder if say she changed her mind, got into an auto accident on the way home involving a drunk driver and lost the baby. Which the intoxicated driver was charged. Its happened, google it.