• Why try anything if there is Fate?

Some might resort to using machines and computers as a testament for truly being fated. To behave and act in a pre-determined way, via sub-routines. But humans (life really) being far FAR more complex do have voluntary and involuntary sub-routines that all work in concert to one act and behave in a pre-determined way. Our lives is a massive subset of "if-then-else" being influenced by other people's "if-then-else" where inputs are the pre-determined comings and goings of whatever reality throws at us: a falling flower pedal. A sub-atomic chain of events that cause a bee to sting you.

Humans are fated to be....Humans: explorers, conquerors, scientists , martyrs, leaders, followers, dictators, lovers, loners, achievers, under-achievers.

If there was no Fate everyone would and could operate at the exact same level which would in itself break the entire concept of a cycle that drives motion, change, evolution. If there was no Fate then a blind person can magically start seeing by sheer will alone. The fact is pre-determined events before birth created the conditions for that person to be blind. Events like that simply exist whether you like it or not. If Fate did not exist, we could all meet, fall in love and have that love be reciprocated with a favorite celebrity without exactly ZERO effort. It would just happen by sheer will and determination. When people do experience things happening by chance it is exactly that: chance, fate.

• Fate exists in some form

I was watching a YouTube video about traffic collisions in Russia. There was a scene which a catchy song was in the background. I looked through over a hundred Russian pop videos and couldn't find it. I went to an online Russian radio station playing 80s pop music. That song played after a few minutes of tuning into the station.

• I truly believe that fate is real

Sometimes you meet people for a reason, whether it be good or bad. In my experiences Ive learned that everything happens for a reason, If you do meet someone ¨bad” then they teach you a lesson, if you meet someone ¨good¨ for you then again, you learn a lesson and maybe gain a friend. Fate can take you either way.

• Fate Is YOU. YOU Choose IT. YOU CHOOSE YOUR FATE.

Fate is YOU. You chose your own path. You think that fate is controlling your path that you chose the wrong path but really your choosing your fate. God loves us so HE has chosen to give you free will of your FATE. GOD given us our WILL, our FATE ,our PATH.

• The Bible Tells Me So...

Jeremiah 29:11 states that God knows the plans for our lives. "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Proverbs 16:9 states, "The heart of man plans his way, but the Lord establishes his steps."

• The High Power of Chance & Good Faith in Gods Power of the unknown!

To each their own on their journey. Testing Fate takes courage, Guts, & It takes Dedication & Focus to conclude the Puzzle of the True Meaning & Final results......Its something You prepare each & every day for .....That is the Beauty of the process of development through Life...The Universe...Etc....The Depth of real true devout Soul Vocation....Along with Body & Mind Balance.....=....Ones true sincere balance & happiness seen by others as the result....That is the Goal of True Love before passing on from this life.....& Money does not buy it...That is for sure!!! & not everyone achieves such success Too!....It is all up to the determination of the Real Artist!!! ...To Prove through his or her Talents that You were born with.....That is what coming full circle really means with the word Fate!

• Believing in Fate can console from your failures in life,

For example, if there is One job opening and suppose 10 persons are competing (each one would have prepared to their best for getting that job), only one will be successful. The remaining 9 people, instead of getting depressed and ruin their lives for their inability in getting that job, might recover fast from depressed feelings if they think that it is supposed to happen that way, I guess.

• Don't confuse the concept of FATE with an organized agenda. Nature (the universe) most probably doesn't analyze the way we do.

I think it's wonderful that we are all here weighing in on issues together. This is what inspires me about my conscious experience among men. Amidst all the disagreements and chaos within our "elevated" species, there are themes like magnetism towards community, common ground and connectivity, that drive us through the cosmos of potential circumstances and understandings.

I say the concept of FATE is nature's inevitable outcome from cause and effect. Think of a potential circumstance, like a free-throw shot in a basketball game. Out of all the potential outcomes that we as "observant", "learned", and "critical thinking" humans can deduce, after the fact, whatever DOES happen, happened, which means that's what nature meant to happen. Of course we can further analyze WHY something happened (velocity of free throw shot, air pressure in the ball, the condition of the rim, etc, but ultimately my point is that once the outcome is over and done and now observed and agreed as HAPPENED, that's it. You can't argue any further that the now agreed outcome of that circumstance was NOT supposed to happen, because it just did and we agree it did.

If you remove learned opinion and personal preference of an outcome from the scenario, and try to view it un-bias, I'd say it's inarguable that once it's done, it's done, and that's the way it was meant to go, because that's how it went! It doesn't mean I'm saying "I agree with nature's outcome, that's why it SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED," or implying that it was predetermined by a personified god or religious figure. I'm saying after analyzing all the potentials and variables, only the actual outcome made it. It was always going to make it, even if what didn't occur, actually did occur!

What I think we are all arguing is not that concept of FATE, but how to apply this word and concept into our personal experience. There are pros and cons to thinking you have control over your choices, which in a sense, of course you do. You can choose in every moment to do this or that. The point is, the happenings of life are so very much intensely chaotic, but also governed (by physical law that we've agreed to label as gravity, etc) and interconnected, that to entertain the notion that you, while playing a role in the whole thing, are important and special enough to write off nature's path and destiny/fate/outcomes, you have fallen victim to hubris and need to eat your humble pie.

Of course, take pride in yourself and decisions if you must, to keep you feeling whatever way makes you feel the most that you seek to feel. ALSO. Submitting to the idea of FATE does not mean that you are helpless-- only that: amidst your beauty and splendor as a piece of the vast puzzle of the universe, you are on a ride that only recognizes you as a rider, not an individual who's feelings should be considered.

• Our actions are our own, but FATE pushes us.

There is no way to argue if the future is actually written out or not. Basically whatever we write here is not going to change anybodies opinion regarding fate. If you do believe, then you have to be okay and aware of yours. I know that I won't go very far in life, fate made it that way.

Posted by: MaeK
  • Our actions are our own but fate pushes us

There is no way to argue if the future is actually written out or not. Basically whatever we write here is not going to change anybodies opinion. If you do believe in fate then you have to be okay and aware of yours. I know that I won't go very far in life, fate made it that way.

• Never in a million years

Of course not.. When you say fate you mean things happen by chance. I do not believe things happen by chance. So what you mean is that you were born by chance you met the person you are married to by mere coincidence? No.. That is not the deal I'm 13 there is a God and saying that you believe in fate contradicts that fact

• If we were to have fate that is predetermined we would have to think and act in a determined way.

As we all know, only the machines and programs work in a determined way. Even the machines fall out of condition and perform in a different way.

There's a theory that suggests that our thoughts CANNOT be predicted. Many thoughts come RANDOMLY into our mind. For example, you take a walk in the park and remember something in your past which isn't connected to anything you were thinking about or seeing during that day or even week. This is what I like to call a theory of RANDOMNESS. Another good example is an instinct of a living being. If a bee flies to extract nectar from the flower in a field, she does so randomly. One time it would even turn the other way and fly to another location. Her actions are not influenced by thoughts, but if they are, they're not influenced greatly. Just for the sake of argument, we'll add another example: If you plant the two same seeds in the same environment and give the same amount of water and nutrition to it, it can still grow out in a random shape, just like the leaf on a tree, or a four-leaf clover.

Even if our thoughts do come randomly, we can choose to keep them and let them influence our actions, or not. That's where both instinct (which can be random) and free will come into place. And anything with a free will cannot be controlled and determined.

Now lets take a CHANCE into consideration. This can be also called the theory of PROBABILITY. It is similar to randomness and sometimes its even connected to it. Say there is a decision you want to make, but it's 50% percent chance that you'll make one decision over the other. You made a blind pick. Let's rewind it and try that few times over and we'll see that the results are different. A chance is a chance and it can be random. Even if it's 1% chance it's still a chance and it's unlikely but possible. Some would argue fate using a cause and effect theory and saying that certain elements such as the environment or the actions of others can influence our actions and decisions. This is true BUT only to a certain extent. For this to be absolute, it would only apply to an environment strictly and only LIMITED with physical laws. But our minds are NOT limited by physical laws, or even logic, and thus we have our imagination, creativity and random thoughts.

Even the forces and elements in nature can work in a non-determined or even unstable way. The forces can give uncertain results, such as the effects of radiation (radioactive decay). The kinetic force we apply to move an object will unlikely be of the exact same value, and even a small difference can make a noticeable change.

• Lollipop B B B

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z b b b b h B bUygut Utah by u j k j u. H h h g f f. B b b b b b b b b b b b b b b. By b be b

• There is no FATE!!!

I think there is no fate. I think it was just an excuse for those people didn't pay anything for their life and just saying 'It is fate my, even I pay on it, I can't change anything.' Even if you say there is fate, it was just another name of life. Life is something you can change by yourself and success your own dream. It could be a wonderful thing if you pay for it and you will understand that there is no fate. Remember, no pain no gain. And there will never be any 'fate'.

• No no no

1. It doesn't sound scientific to me.
    2. No scientific prove and evidences.
    1. It doesn't sound scientific to me.
    2. No scientific prove and evidences.
    1. It doesn't sound scientific to me.
    2. No scientific prove and evidences.
    1. It doesn't sound scientific to me.
    2. No scientific prove and evidences.

• No one ever deserves anything.

There will always be an outside force that could change every situation. If there is fate, then you have no choice., and you have no will to choose. Change is also inevitable, eveyrthing changes from time to time. When a person dies protecting someone, it does not mean he deserves death. No one deserves to die. Fate is does not hold anybody's dreams nor does it deter someones lifespan. There is no fate. (Just been through an argument on chat in the topic of fate.)

• Fate Is Merely A Self-Absorbed Concept

The concept of fate is based upon the assumption that each event is divided and each hold varying levels of importance. These levels of importance are subjective: one might say "it's fate that they met and married because they just bumped into each other on the corner" yet its completely self-absorbed to assume the laws of the universe would cater to each individual's subjective ideas of stimulus eg. Marriage. Do we honestly believe that if a higher force were to exist, that it would care about your wedding day or day of death etc.? Time is consistent- each moment in time exists separately to the events attached.

• Afraid of Power

Voltaire said "with great power comes great responsibility". The power to choose, make decisions, act upon will is a power we have living in the present. However, our choices and actions have consequences. Sometimes we believe these consequences shape the direction of our lives as "fate" --disregarding one's individual journey as a chess piece in the game of the universe-- and negate to take responsibility for choices and free-will. Being "free" doesn't mean there are no responsibilities. I believe in a higher power but I believe this power has nothing to do with the direction of our lives.

• No I don't believe in fate.

I don't believe in fate. Coincidences happen, true. I think to say one's life is fated is an excuse made by humans. Humans don't want to think that they are fully responsible for their own lives and every single decision they make. When many try to connect destiny to free will, there's an uneasiness deep in their hearts. And to attempt ever so hard to connect them goes to show that people only want to accept whatever that falls in line with their beliefs. This mental crusher glamourises as humans' "objectivity", selectively taking in information. Try making decisions and think about the possibility of them being fated. Pick yes, it's fated. Pick no, it's fated. Don't pick, it's fated.

Even if the condition of fate exist, why is there a need to make decisions? What's the point of living? So if I choose to kill myself now, will it not mean that I just beat the game of fate? To shallowly accept our lives as "fated" is like curtains hiding away an empty backstage.

Just because there is an existence of an outcome doesn't mean that it's fated. The outcome is determined from the choices one makes. The choices doesn't necessarily give the same outcome for every person, for other environmental and living factors need to be considered.
    People tend to mistake their insignificant choices in the past for "fate" because it has impacted their future significantly. The human brain does not have the full capacity to record the most subtle, biggest and all the decisions we make. Things we do every day becomes a thing of subconscious instinct, it's not a requirement to consider whether or not to do it because it has been classified under the roles of our subconscious mind, like breathing and eating. We do them every day but we're not fated to do them. Our motive for doing so is to survive.

I can choose to commit suicide now. Who or what will be the amorphous thing pulling the strings to make me fall off the building then?

True, the existence of predetermination can be incomprehensible at this human age.

terry4things says2014-12-16T22:25:23.643
Your whole life is fate based, if you could travel back to when you were born every thing that has happened in your life would happen, if you dont believe this you are denying your whole life because the evidence is there, its happened, so this means the future already exists
>