Do you believe it is fair to be taxed both when you earn money and then again when you spend it?

• Yes, it is fair to be taxed both ways.

When you earn money, you are paying income tax, which has percentages held out for both the federal government and the state. When you make a purchase, other than food at the grocery store, your purchase is taxed as a sales tax, which is revenue solely for the sate you reside in. These taxes keep our schools and government running and as such serve a definite purpose. Without the taxes, we would not have the many services we are accustomed to.

• pay our dues

Yes, I think that it is fair to be taxed both of these times, because you are paying for your government. This is the only way to ensure a good strong government, to pay your fair share of taxes in to the state and federal systems that we have today.

• It's not fair, but necessary.

If you think governments should withstand and public works continue to...work, well, then you need taxes coming from every direction. A country simply cannot function without taxes, and when everything becomes privatized we become clan-like again. Maybe it's not fair that we get our money taken, but it is for the good of civilization--usually.

• Theft with reason(s) to justify.

Tax me one or the other. Not both. It's a "sales tax" therefor the "seller" or "entity making a sale" should be responsible for that "sales tax". Ridiculous how much we the people pay in taxes. And what justifies taking a % of my earned wages? I make more you take more. That doesn't add up. How about we stop paying past politicians their salaries as if they're still contributing. Go get a job!

• Corrupt leading the blind

What I’m writeing about is about the uk tax system which is bad, At current I’m self employed I pay a tax £2pound in ever £10 fair enough right? Well no! I’m taxed on my my income then my diesel due to my age I pay 400% more to insure my van which is then taxed I spend money again I lose another £2 in every £10 I get my change nd have to spend some again I’m taxed again on that. Okay we have to pay tax to sustain a society. I know people who are unemployed have never worked even tho more than capable. They stay in a new build house drive a brand new car of their choice payed for by government useing our taxes. And still have more disposable income than me after working minimum 170 hours a month without a holiday I don’t get holiday pay or sick pay.
    Whilst the people setting the rates. Most come from money. Privately educated receive q big salary everything the buy is claimed in expenses second homes cars secretaries holidays taxis flights nd everything else is claimed out of the taxpayers purse. Why are the people running my country so out of tune with the normal people who are the heart of our country. The biggest chunk of tax in uk goes to paying the benefit system it wouldent be as far stretched as it is if we didn’t have so many people here from overseas. We wouldent have homeless people because their would be houses for them. I’m not racist or even biased but Britain is no longer an empire we’re an island. We’re the people who set the rules have never lived the life of the common people?
    M

• It's called a double tax

To double tax someone is illegal It's pretty simple to think why because the government has already said that it's illegal to Double tax someone That's why when I spend money for my company they pay me in cash and don't tax me again through my payroll check simple right

• Double the taxation. . . . How America created dependency

Up everyday at zero dark 30. . . Avoiding speed traps on the way to a place you don't really want to be. But its payday and this is why we do it. . We need that money to buy lunch. . . Plus tax that'll be 14 dollars please. . Even though it was 8. 99 on the menu. You make it they take it. . . You spend it they take it. . . Anything you want to buy. . . See. . . Places you go. . Whatever you can think of. . . Is taxed. You can get the new iPhone for free, Just pay the tax. When a country depends on it's people and not its commerce. . . Theres a problem. Create jobs. . Lower cooperate taxes. . . Incentives. . Solid wages. . . Keep business here. Why is this so important today? Because in China. . . They will give you 0% cooperate tax if you agree to become state sponsored. Apple and Google are 2 companies that are in China now and questions over the handling over of codes have been asked

• (double) Taxation without representation

Our tax system is corrupt, And is so convoluted that we are meant to just accept it. We need to overhaul this system in one way or another. Even if I felt that the government was using this money wisely I'd still oppose it, Though to a lesser extend I suppose.

• We act like we don't pay more?

We act like we pay so much less in taxes then country's with soicalist healthcare yet we are tax when we make money and again when we spend money. It makes no sense. It should be illegal how we don't notice this more often and raise the issue is amazing.

• It should be illegal.

If the minimum wage is at $7.50 per hour, when you pay sales tax that defeats the purpose of minimum wage. Yes you pay income tax which is fine. You still get a paycheck which means money in your pocket. But when you spend that money you get taxed again. In my state it's 6 cents for every dollar spent. If you have $7.50 and you spend it. The tax is $0.45. That brings the minimum wage down to $7.05 an hour. 45 cents doesn't seem like much but remember, that's only for 1 hours pay. Imagine how much you lose to tax from your 40 hour per week paycheck. Now imagine that multiplied over the course of an entire year. No wonder people can't make ends meet.

• Unfair taxation, especially at earning levels.

It is not fair to be taxed both when you earn money and then again when you spend it. In fact, it almost seems like a punishment for going to work and taking part by spending in the economy. Taxes on earning need to be minimized so that people can actually build a better financial future for themselves.

• I Don't Think It Is

Given the way the United States and all of its smaller divisions of taxing authorities work it is impossible to tell how much a person is actually paying in taxes total. I do not believe we should be taxed when we earn money and when we spend it. These taxes all go different places, but I think it would be better to lump them all together so people can see exactly how much they do pay in.