Yes, I believe that religious and spiritual people are more moral than atheists, because religious and spiritual people have a higher reason for their behavior. Religious people believe that God wants them to behave in a proper way. Atheists do not have a reason to be a good person. They just live for today.
Look for example at the Adventist Church:
1. Sacrificed young people in secret operation whitecoat to test biological and chemical warfare weapons of mass destruction ( for an undisclosed sum?).
2. Supported Hitler : 26 mill were killed including Jews, academics, engineers, etc. for an undisclosed sum
3. Supported Communism: 110 mill killed and millions tortured (how many millions did Adventist Church get paid?).
4. Rwanda genocide : Seventh day Adventist church leading role: 6 million died (how much did Adventist Church receive from Western governments?).
5. Millenium Dev Goals: pre 2003, Adventist Church signed a deal with UN and therefore IMF (for an undisclosed amount) to "ENFORCE" MDGs in developing countries. Mdgs brought Nz to its knees in 1986-87 and was an unmitigating disaster, rudely interrupting peoples lives, causing poverty, ripping people's livelihood from them. In Argentina, MDGs caused mayhem, chaos, disaster-IMF said: ITS GOOD TO KILL A COUNTRY FROM TIME TO TIME. UN admitted that, with Adventist church and other churches, it put Africa to sleep and the EXTENT TO WHICH THE ADVENTIST CHURCH HELPED DO IT: "IF THE WHOLE WORLD GOES TO SLEEP FOR THIRTY YEARS, AFRICA WOULD STILL NOT HAVE WOKEN UP (un.Org. Retrieved March, 2011).
6. Terrorism against Barbara Clark and Patricia Moleski for revealling fraud, corruption, death by Adventist Church Hospitals.
7. Rodney Vega, 4 yr old refused hospital care by Adventist Church hospitals which claims to "extend the healing hand of Christ" and paying SLAVE WAGES and SLAVE ENTITLEMENTS to Rodney Vega's dad, a pastor in the ADVENTIST CHURCH.
8. Walter Rea, David Dennis & Jonathan Gallagher fired for exposing the truth. THEIR RETIREMENT BENEFITS WERE TAKEN AWAY or THEY WERE PAID HUSH MONEY!
9. ROBBING THE US PUBLIC OF BILLIONS THROUGH FRAUD.
10. APPOINTING PRINCIPAL RELIEVED FROM AUSTRALIA's MOST CORRUPT POLICE FORCE AT KEMPSEY ADVENTIST COLLEGE. 53 STAFF BULLIED, ABUSED AND FORCED OUT OF THE SCHOOL. WHILE PARENTS PRAISE THE TEACHERS, ROHAN DEANSHAW RULES WITH AN IRON HAND AND FORCES THEM INTO DEPRESSION, LOSS OF MARRAIGES, LOSS OF JOBS.
These are just a few examples which clearly state that ADVENTIST CHURCH, religious people ARE NOT more moral than ATHEISTS.
IN FACT, IF THE MONEY IS RIGHT, THE ADVENTIST CHURCH WILL GLADLY KILL OTHERS AND NEVER BE BROUGHT TO JUSTICE.
Whether or not someone believes in God has nothing to do with their moral principles. I think to say that religious/spiritual people are more moral than atheists perpetuates the misconception that religion is needed for morals, and that damages atheists' reputation. In my opinion, it is necessary to abandon widely accepted religious ideals to develop a truly impartial morality.
It is a common miss conception That religion is God.
But it is not so .
Morality is God. Religion is just a means of understanding what is God.
What many atheists don't realise is that by being moral you are following God.
The primary condition to be an atheist is that he must be immoral.
God is not a symbol or a single entity whom you can attribute with something.
God Is that conscious In You which tells you to do the right thing.
Most religions allow for their followers to commit horrendous acts in the name of their gods. Anyhow I would stop here but apparently you need to write a damn paragraph to post an opinion here. Just look at all the religious cults killing people in the name of spirituality. Waco for instance.
It is not right to assume that all religious/spiritual people are more moral than atheists. This type of thinking perpetuates stereotypes which we know are not true. Creating and perpetuating stereotypes is bad for society and people should think before they do so. Everyone has different moral standards, their religious orientation usually has very little to do with it.
I believe religious/spiritual people are not more moral than atheists. Religion has nothing to do with your morals. I think it does not matter what you believe in as long as you are a good person and try to treat everyone with the respect they deserve. There are a lot of spiritual people that do bad things as well as atheists.
I do not necessarily think that religious and spiritual people are more moral than atheists. I think that it depends on the individual than it does on the beliefs of a certain group of people. I think that there are a lot of people who are religious that aren't that moral and vice-versa.