• As a victim of crime I sought help from the courts, but the courts punish me and my family. I couldn't be more shocked.

My business partners defrauded me of my members interest by manipulating staff support and creating false grounds to expel me. We went to court for unfair expulsion but the courts ruled against me. The decision was made on an interpretation of a legal clause in the company agreement. The point was not tested on any measure good faith or perceived harm to the business. I lost my entire share of the business to my business partners and was order to pay their legal costs, in addition to my own. So the business partners now having a court order for charges, freeze every asset I own to ensure I cannot pay the debt. They then start to pursue me and my family for the sale of your home. Again I go to court to explain, I have made an offer to pay but the partners have refused to accept payment and the court again rules in their favour. The judge hadn't even read the statements that cost nearly £7,000 (borrowed money) to produce. No credit was given for trying to make payment, and it was not questioned why they had refused to accept payment. I have no faith in the judicial system. I do however understand Machiavellianism psychopathy and the devastating consequences. I can't stop it! The courts and police won't stop it, and in fact they encourage it by providing a clear path to success. Are we the fools for having morals and expecting justice? Yes. Crime certainly does pay.

Machiavellianism is characterized by manipulation and exploitation of others, a cynical disregard for morality, and a focus on self-interest and deception.

• Crime does pay sometimes

I'm not a criminal and I never have been one, but I have seen many successful criminals out there. One of my best friends sells a lot of marijuana, is considered a criminal, but makes over 100,000 dollars per year. And yes, criminals get caught often, but not always. It's not always "dead or in jail." Plenty live their entire lives as criminals.

• It is often not caught.

Yes, I believe that crime pays, because most of the people who commit crime get away with it. A drunk driver has to drive drunk 100 times before he is caught. Most people who embezzle or in other ways take advantage of weak people usually get away with it. If they are caught, they are usually only given slaps on the wrist.

• It sure does pay.

Crime pays in many ways. Prison and jail systems are big business. For perpetrators of crime, it pays as well. It is much more profitable to be in illegal trading of any sort than it is to be making minimum wage at Mc Donald's. The appeal of money is there because crime makes money for everyone.

• Everyone Knowns That Crime Pays...

...And everybody does it.

Honestly, yes, I believe crime does pay. Crime has made people rich in the past and some of them have gotten away with it. Crime does come with risk, but as with everything, if you're smart you can learn how to at least avoid these risks.

• No, I do not believe that crime pays.

No, crime does not pay. Someone may devise the perfect embezzlement scheme, the perfect heist, or the perfect Ponzi scheme and make millions of dollars off of it. A petty thief may pick a pocket and get away with a few hundred dollars. Ultimately, they will all pay, in one way or another. Fate has a way of keeping score and settling up with people. Whether the criminal ends up in jail, or murdered by an accomplice, or shot by his lover, crime does not pay.

>