Attention: Debate.org is closing and the website will be shut down on June 5, 2022. New Topics can no longer be posted and Sign Up has been disabled. Existing Topics will still function as usual until the website is taken offline. Members can download their content by using the Download Data button in My Account.
  • Ugh so overrated

Ok beyonce does have a nice voice i will give her that but all of these people hype her up for no reason at all. She is a normal singer and honestly i hate most of her songs. People say she is unique and amazing but i just dont see it. Also she really isnt that pretty and i hate the hype over all of her kids. Cause honestly they all suck and so does jay z

• Overrated and overhyped

Her fandom acts like she is a god and attack and label anyone who disagrees as racist. She is a good performer but overall she is not that special: her lyrics are not amazing and she has tons of songwriters, she has no impact except in black community, worldwide she is not that big of a deal. She is a good performer and vocalist but there are people who get through to their fans better and speak to them on emotional level. Beyonce's fans act like she is the biggest female artist out there while the case is that there are better and bigger girls out there, like Rihanna, Taylor Swift, Adele...

• She's not that special

Sure, Beyonce is pretty and a nice voice but she ain't that special. I don't know what's the hype about her, she has some hits (like many other artists) and she looks fine (again like many other artists) but what's so special about her?? Her songs in Lemonade aren't even that good, and without the fabulous costumes and back up dancers, she would honestly look so stupid. I think people should calm down and stop exaggerating her greatness so much.

• I just don’t get it

I do t enjoy her voice, Not at all. I’m sure her dancing is great, But I don’t listen to music for the dancing. I don’t go to concerts for the dancing either. But as for Beyonce, I just don’t get it. Is that voice actually pleasing to others ears? !

• She's A Brand

Beyonce is just a brand. One that people are attaching various ideologies of race and wealth fantasy to. She's gotten so big she's just sort of accumulating cultural mass like a snowball. All in all, Though, Her stuff is as generic and boring as everything else in the corporate mainstream.

• Kind of the Nickelback of pop

She's ok. I didn't mind the halo song (although i thought she was singing 'hate love' for ages instead of 'halo'), And the telephone song with lady gaga was good. Neither of those or any other songs I've heard are as good as the song Kelly Rowland did with Nelly, So I always thought she should be the mega star now rather than the more average beyonce. I will say beyonce was good in austin powers 3 and I can remember her not being unlikable in her appearance on The Famous Jett Jackson back in the day. I just don't get the hype to be honest.

• Beyonce: Pretty woman, Entertaining dancer, Boring, Uninspired music

When I try to think of a Beyonce song that moved the earth, Absolutely NOTHING comes to mind. . Not they way it does, When you automatically hear "I will always love you" when someone mentions Whitney Houston. The greatest thing I've seen Beyonce do was the Single Ladies music video - not the song, But the video. Which was a total rip off of the great Bob Fosse - which she (and/or her people) denied for a long while.
    I think she pretty and all, And I like her accent, But her music is just kind of "meh". As a singer/songwriter, It's all a little bland and because of that, I don't get how she's so popular as a singer?

• Her voice acting of Nala was actually bad

I don’t like her voice acting of Nala for The Lion King (2019). It sounded like she was reading out loud or just sounded emotionless. The only reason why people would praise her for her voice acting of Nala is because they just admire her, And they don’t care about what good acting is meant to look/sound like. Plus, They don’t care how much of a bad actress Beyoncé really is, She actually doesn’t have great acting talent.

Because plenty of people praise her for her great singing talent and still praise her for her role in The Lion King (2019) without knowing how bad her voice acting was, I believe that she is definitely overrated.

• Beyonce is nothing special.

Above-average looks, But not gorgeous by any means. Forgettable dancing. Cliche lyrics. Boring personality. I don't get the appeal. Rihanna is way more attractive and makes better music. Lady Gaga is also a more talented musician. If Beyoncé weren't married to Jay Z I don't think she'd be that "iconic. " Being part of a power couple is what helps her status. She know this, And that's why she stays with Jay Z despite him constantly cheating on her.

• She’s a DYNAMIC SHOW WOMAN, . . Still, . .

She is not, . . . A voice. . She married, Her collaborations, Dried up. She needed to continue to be challenged. Her MAJIC suffered. There’s something about life’s many tragic moments that reach our soul. I cannot hear her whole heart. I have felt her rhythm, Danced to her anthems. Yet, She’s just distant, Remote, Distracted by image. She has’t spoken in years, She appears not to want to deliver her Houston twang. Teehee. I like her, I like watching her, I enjoy her, . .
    Enjoying her power, Her fam and come what may.

• Just because she's a female

She's just over hyped bcs shes's an independent strong female and her fans think that its hard for a female to achieve that. Her songs are mediocre. Her old songs were good, the new ones are considerably bad. She sings good i wont deny that but they hype and attention she gets is as if she's god to them. Imbeciles.

• She was NEVER overrated.

She was never overrated - she sings really beautifully and her REAL passionate songs (If I Were A Boy, Disappear, Listen, Flaws and All, etc.) are all emotionally to her. She writes them from her heart and she decided to share them with you guys. Most of you decide to hate on her because you judge her on those other songs anyway - Single Ladies, Get Me Bodied, Run The World. Those songs are for your entertainment but you all are too much of a disgrace to see that.

• Unique voice and song

Her songs are so unique with her own style. Starting with irreplaceable, a song state out a strong woman. Then, halo, showing out her stong voice and great singing skills. Last, self title gave out a very special style and songs like pretty hurt is pretty insprial. Beyonce is not overrate

• She is not just an artist but a businesswoman and a marketer

She has come out with several hits and managed to stay in the spotlight... Similar to Kanye west and even her husband jay z, above average music with great marketing skills. She isn't that overrated, not compared to the one hit wonders that you will typically find in modern music.

• Beyonce Has Earned Her Reputation

Beyonce isn't underrated because she has sold millions of albums and had tons of number one singles. While she's incredibly popular in the United States, she's even more so throughout the rest of the world. She has earned the right to be so popular as an entertainer, so she's not overrated.

• Beyonce is definitely not overrated

She deserves to be where she is. Her singing voice is amazing, and it is natural because you can see clips of her singing at 14 and it was amazing too. Beyonce is very talented, much more so than many of the artists of today. And she does not look the same in every video. Compare freakum dress vs single ladies vs green light vs drunk in love.

• No, Beyonce is a strong female role model.

Beyonce has always been a women to look up to. As a strong, successful woman, she is a role model to girls all over the world. She teaches young girls to be confident and love themselves for who they are. She advocates or natural beauty and women's rights. She is also one of the most successful women in the music industry.

• No Due to Cultural Impact

She's a Vegas Extravaganza which isn't my thing. Frankly, I'm of the singer/song writer with a guitar zone. I voted No because the question doesn't address my likes and dislikes and takes me out of my musical preference zone. There is no denial of her cultural impact and importance to her fans. She does give out a message of self ownership and that has tremendous social value. She's a very powerful and successful Black Woman which makes her culturally very significant That cannot be overrated. In terms of talent? She's an entertainer but if you want artistry Rihanna is the go to.

• Decent entertainer. But that's it.

On her own, Without the help of marketing, Back up singers, Dancers, Excellent sound mixing/autotune experts and, Of course, Without JZ's rep, She'd have been a flash in the pan. Her voice is mediocre St best. A decent shower singer. She is not, And will never be, A great singing talent, Like Aretha, Whitney Houston or Adele. Hate what I, And others say about Bee's lack of real vocal talent, But you know we're right.

• No, Just no

For everybody saying she is not attractive. Please go see a doctor. Also, In my opinion, She doesn't get enough credit for how hard she works. Before you say she is overrated watch her movies that she produced HERSELF to see what she does all day long in rehearsals and the studio. Thanks