Do you think Dr. Laura Schlessinger is good (yes) or bad (no) for women?

• Of course she is!

She talks about how women have the ultimate power in how their marriages are. Men are very simple creatures, All it takes is a few things to turn a man into what a woman wants and deserves, Provided the woman chose a good man. I hear callers all of the time who say how much she has helped them in their lives.

• Don't agree with everything, but she really supports and protects children

Whoever said that Dr. Laura isn't a trained therapist is wrong - she has a certification in marriage, family, and children's counseling and was in private practice for many years. She doesn't have the most academic experience you can have (ie. Doesn't hold a PHD in Psychology) but she is able to legally counsel people.

I don't agree with everything Dr. Laura says. There are some topics that I really disagree with (ie. I don't agree with homeschooling, I don't think women need to be permanent stay at home moms with no careers the ENTIRE time their children are growing up, I think she is sometimes too harsh about blocking close family members out of your life, etc.) but I agree with some things where she is spot on and speaks bluntly about topics in a very truthful way. One example is with divorce and what she calls "salad families". I come from a divorced household and have been around step parents and parents' significant others and the way she describes it is SO accurate. Her advice is spot on. 100%. Other counselors address feelings and try to blend families together in ways that are not possible. But Dr. Laura really gets it and I appreciate that.

She also really protects and supports children. This is the #1 reason that I listen to her program. She is one of the few people out there that really speaks to how damaging divorce can be for children. Although she agrees with it when relationships are abusive or dangerous in other ways, she is so right about how many kids will be messed up forever due to divorce, and she addresses the complications of raising kids post-divorce. She teaches really great, supportive parenting techniques. She really stands behind and understands kids. Some parents call in whining and complaining about their kids and Dr. Laura sets them straight by identifying why they are the problem, not the kids. I myself grew up in a family where I was blamed for a lot of things but bad parenting was the true cause of my issues - I get what Dr. Laura is talking about. She also encourages new kids not be brought in to "salad" families or to couples that are headed to divorce. She reminds people that the first several years of life are particularly important and how important it is to provide attention to kids as they are developing. I truly believe that if nothing else, she is saving those that don't really have much of a voice - children.

• A smart lady

She is a good woman, and has been very successful in her life. She is very smart, and is an outspoken socially conservative commentator and author. She has spent a lot of time and work trying to help people, and work to make this country a better place to live.

• Dr. Laura helps women find husbands.

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is good for women. This is because she has old-fashioned advice for them about men and relationships. She gives feminists pause because the doctor realizes that over the years women have become so self-serving that they often scare away marriage-minded men. Dr. Laura helps single women become married women.

• Overall A Yes

I would say overall Dr. Laura Schlessinger is good for women, rather than bad for women. She has written several self-help books and generally given advice on a plethora of topics. This, to me, is helpful. While she has been caught up in confrontations and other small problems, she seems to apologize when she is in the wrong. I don't agree with some of her conservative ideas, but that's not to say that her advice isn't helpful.

• She spends too much time discussing herself and her personal opinions rather than speak to people based on her medical training.

She is constantly telling people about her personal experiences rather than listening and catering each discussion toward the individual - her opinions are "old school" and not based on 2018..................She speaks ad nauseam about her sailing or her lego making or jewellery and her singing must come to an end.....I don't care nor do i think the average educated person cares about her personal endeavors

• She is ignorant and her advice is shortsighted

I heard her telling a mother to refuse to help her pregnant teen daughter unless her daughter agreed to give the baby up for adoption. She practically coerced the woman on the phone to agree to coerce her daughter. I would like to point out a truth. Not all teens and unmarried young people make bad parents. In fact I know of many who stepped up and did their jobs as parents. I know of grandparents who stepped up and did their job as parents and grandparents. Also, reality check, not all adoptive parents are good people. If anyone is thinking about adopting a baby out, consider that your child could end up having a miserable childhood because you chose not to be there to love and protect it. It is wrong for Dr. Laura to be telling people how to live their lives pertaining to monumental life altering possibly heart shattering choices that cannot be undone. I hope the mother would realize how much she could hurt her daughter and unborn grandchild by coercing her to give up her baby. The young girl needs options and the freedom to choose and the loving support of her mother in this situation no matter what she chooses.

My father was given up and adopted by rotten people. He has struggled in life due to issues he developed as a result of being given away and abused by adoptives. My big picture view is that if his teen mother hadn't been coerced to give him away, she would have kept my dad. He would have had loving family on both sides. His paternal family wanted him too but back in the day the judge went with the mother's choice. This choice had real and devastating effects on my dad. I cant help but be outraged that his adoptive parents who were rich and educated abused my father. He needed the love and protection of his true parents and family. He chooses to drink to numb his pain. He is a lifelong alcoholic and he will die soon because of it. These are the consequences of his choices and actions, however his choices in my view were influenced by the choices of other people who had the duty to love him when they first knew he would come to be. They failed him. Now he is 50. He will likely die before his biological parents of ages 66 and 68 and his paternal grandmother (age 90) who wanted him. What a "great" chance my father got. What a "loving" choice. Shame on you Dr. Laura. You lack wisdom on many things. No one way is the right way, so stop acting like you know it all

• She is bad!!!

She gives horrible advice. Women need to be strong and that us not what she is teaching. She is the worst person to be giving advice. She is like Hitler to the Jews. Some stupid people followed him but he was bat s-it crazy. She is not to be listened to. Women need to be strong if you are in a bad situation get out.

• No, nobody without years of training should give psychological advice

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is bad for anyone who calls her. Her doctorate is in physiology,
    not in medicine or psychology. Though it is perfectly legal for her to give
    advice on the air, it is foolish for people to take her words seriously, since she
    is not a trained therapist or counselor. Callers may relate to her as if she had the
    training to give them advice on psychological problems, but unfortunately, she does not.

• She is bad.

I do believe that Dr. Laura Schlessinger is bad. She is annoying and obnoxious. She really doesn't know what she is talking about. She gets a lot of followers by spouting her nonsense. She doesn't even want to learn the truth, she just wants to cause problems and this makes her bad.

>