• Google is a monopoly because people choose to use the company's interface.

Google is indeed a monopoly. This is because it is so popular and so many people use the search engine without a second thought. Google's ease of use and clean front page help people to easily choose the company for their searching, socalizing, e-mail, mapping, and image needs. Google has it all wrapped up.

• Google is a monopoly

I do believe that Google is a monopoly because they trade and sell stuff for companies and build their revenue from selling and trading for companies by letting those companies have stuff show in the google search engine. Google is well known so people will pay the money for google.

• Yes Google is a monoply

Not only is Google a monopoly it is an evil monopoly. As corporation they discriminate against conservative Christian employment creating a single mindset within the organization. This internal monopoly is then used by its leaders to attack any one who does not agree. The search engine monopoly is controlled by these radicals who then spread there code into other systems. In short you cannot have a search engine monopoly separate from the other services because it is the basis of all the other services, So yes, They are a monopoly.

• Yes it is

Well lets start with what is a monopoly: a monopoly is a situation where one seller dominates the market. What I have mainly seen on this are confusing monopoly with pure monopoly which means there is only one firm in the market. But if we are saying that google is a monopoly there can be other companies alongside it. As long as it is the most dominant seller.

• Yes it is

They refuse to allow me to pay for an item I want to purchase I wish to make a purchase of credits for a game. I was directed to Google Play store. They won't allow the purchase without signing into Google account. I wish to purchase with paypal. They won't even allow me to add PayPal though it is supposed to be an option. Tried on 2 different devices, 2 different accounts.
    Therefore they are acting as a monopoly by blocking free trade by other means.

• I think google will vanish soon.

Lets clearify what is google, ? Google is the biggest porn provider in the world, and has no future. Market is going to change in time, and google will be a shame in web, noone will remember. Google gave porn to this community but nothing more, this search engine business should be much better, with a better team and site. Google wont have any chance against the next generation who is coming

• They refuse to allow me to pay for an item I want to purchase

I wish to make a purchase of credits for a game. I was directed to Google Play store. They won't allow the purchase without signing into Google account. I wish to purchase with paypal. They won't even allow me to add PayPal though it is supposed to be an option. Tried on 2 different devices, 2 different accounts.

• Of course not

Saying google is a monopoly means that they control one hundred percent of the market. This isn't true, there are other fairly used search engines like Bing, Yahoo and Duck duck go that receive a fair amount of customers. Being a very dominant market presence doesn't automatically make it a monopoly.

• BING Because Its Not Google

Google is not a monopoly for the simple fact that there are other companies that offer the same services as they do. Furthermore up until recently google did not have its own browser and was only a search engine which others exist (Bing, Yahoo, Metasearch, etc). Also the web experience could not be complete with out multiple sources and a monopoly in technology is simply not a viable thing in the 21st century.

• No It's Not

I do not believe Google is a monopoly. For the majority of their services I can find other providers that work just as well as the services Google provides. I believe Google has plenty of competition and they have to share a slice of the market. I believe organizations like Wal-Mart are far closer to breaking the rules of a monopoly than Google.

• Strong market actor does not mean monopoly

Every Internet user gets to know Google fairly soon after they start using the Internet - it's nearly impossible to not use Google...or is it? There are clear alternatives here. Microsoft has Bing. Yahoo's search engine still takes plenty of requests. Google's email provision is a market leader, but that has not stopped Yahoo Mail or Microsoft's Hotmail. Simply put - just because a company has a large presence doesn't axiomatically mean they control the market.

• No, Google is not a monopoly.

As big as Google is, it is not a monopoly. A monopoly suggests nobody can compete with them. There are plenty of companies that can compete with Google. But a lot of them are just not doing it successfully. I think that Google is just doing so well that others need to label them in a negative light.

>