Do you think Joe & Jill Biden should get a Cat for the White House. . ?

• They need a cat

10 Downing Street has a cat why not the White House
    They are soo nice and just rly fun
    I think it would be pretty cool if they got one but it’s their choice
    But they definitely should

I need more words lol sry about this ha ha ha ha

• No White House cats!

As my username suggests, I feel very strongly about this topic. I will here provide a defense of Jill and Joe's current lack of cats.

1. It's a threat to national security:
    Say, For the sake of argument, That terrorists were taking over the White House. Any secret service agents need to be as free of distractions as possible. I don't know if you've owned a cat but those fluffy balls of joy constantly trip you up. It would be ridiculous to have one in the workplace of the last line of defence for the nation's commander-in-chief.

2. It's a waste of taxpayer money:
    One would have to assume that a president would come along who didn't care for cats, Meaning that caring for it would be left to some White House worker. I don't know about you but my tax dollars certainly aren't sent off with the intention of paying an unnecessary cat-sitter.

3. Allergies:
    While I do not know if Joe or Jill are allergic, Surely some White House staff do have allergies, It's a relatively common affliction. Future presidents, Special agents of the secret service, Any and all of these people could have an allergy to cats. Going back to point 1, The secret service needs to be on their A-game, What they don't need is a bunch of people sneezing and crying because of the cat hair that Joe and Jill's cat carelessly shed all over their workplace.

While I understand the appeal of having a cat, As a cat owner myself, I do not think it appropriate for the president of the United States to let such a beast roam the White House halls. No White House cats!