• I'd say so.

'Love'. Just mother nature's cruelest trick to get us to reproduce. Nothing more.
    It is overrated, I'd agree with it being just a fantasy that for many people just isn't achievable. It's different with everybody so is it right to just generalise like that? I think not.
    It sets unrealistic expectations in people that just leads to disappointment, because it's portrayed as "perfect", "never ending", which is incorrect because love is not perfect at all, and it ends all the time.

• It doesn't last.

Yes, I think that love is overrated, because love does not last. Love is something that people think they have until it is no longer convenient for them. Love is something that people lose easily when the going gets rough. It is an idealist fantasy that people should give up on.

• Yes It Is

I believe love is overrated. I think lust is far more powerful because lust is what makes people act. Love is something that has lasting power and that is important, but it shouldn't be considered a requirement. Some people can get enough love from common relationships that they don't need love in the sense most people think.

• Many people act like love is all you need and if you don’t have it they look down on you.

I’d never say love doesn’t exist because we feel it for our family and pets but the romantic kind is seriously fictionalised. I’ve never been in a relationship and when I tell people they act like they feel sorry for me. I don’t see the point of being in one myself so why is it that society pressure on us. I see people in relationships and it’s almost like they loose themselves. They no longer say things like “I don’t like that song or movie” or “I think this is wrong or right” it becomes “we” as if they can’t have an individual thought or opinion. I’ve seen this with many girls and it frustrates me especially when they’re not Witt they’re partner at that specific time they involve this person in the conversation constantly as if they were there.

I believe romance is fictionalised is because the media show a very unrealistic perspective of relationships. They show the meet cute part, The fight part and a happily ever after part. That doesn’t happen. In my personal experience I’ve seen these old married couples who appear to hate each other.

So yes. I believe love is overrated as I do believe in most people that they only want the sexual gratification.

• Only biology and nothing more

There is so many beautiful things in the world which should be admired. So many interesting things to do and try. And people choose. . . Love. To me, This emotion/feeling is a simple tool for reproduction and for creating strong bonds that are helpful and useful for the survival of the group.

• LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated

LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated LOVE is another word for "emotional dependence" and yes it is overrated

• It is OVERRATED

Love is nothing but messed up hormones. Love should never come to someone's life in terms of a life partner because it always deceits you from the ground reality that what other person wants is sex. And they'll get it from from someone who looks better than you. You should rather hate.

• Overrated is putting it nicely

Nothing wrong with the love between a person and their closest friends, Family, Pets, And extra curricular activities. Yet romantic love seems to be the type of love that causes the most pain be it physically, Emotionally, And psychologically. The bad far outweighs the good that comes with it so avoid if you can.

• Romantic love is overrated, At least

I’m strictly referring to romantic love here. It isn’t for everyone. Some of us don’t have the privilege of experiencing the feeling of being loved. Some of us just aren’t worthy. It’s unjustly exclusive. There have been countless examples of people who never married and/or died alone because there wasn’t love for them. And while some of them might have enjoyed the solitude, It is safe to assume that many others were in fact miserable and lonely. Something as discriminatory, Transient and fragile as romantic love is definitely overrated.

Why romanticize something that only tears you apart, Anyway?

• Not a single doubt

Love is the most overrated thing ever along with the beatles and the rolling stones
    there is absoultely not a single doubt about this issue
    love in fact does not even exist. The people made it up just like honour or respect
    these sorts of things do not exist they all are creations of human's minds

• No, love is not overrated. Lust is.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

• All Kinda of Love

Their are many kinda of love. Most people experience to joy of famial love and companion love. However, with romantic love, it must turn from passionate love to compassionate love to last. It takes lots of work and not all couples are the fantasy couples, but they can make it last. The most important part is: you needed to be friends.

• No, love is not overrated.

I do not think that love is overrated. I think that it is something that most people will never experience. But I do think that some people are more addicted to experiencing love than actually staying in it. I think that there are too many times when people think they are in love when they are not.

• No, probably not.

Real, true love is not overrated. However, many people do not find this type of love and end up spending most of their time flitting from relationship to relationship, which makes some people believe it is overrated. When the relationship is one of trust and companionship, then the love is real and not overrated.

• Love is true !

Love doesn't only mean relationship , girlfriend-boyfriend stuff ; there is love among human , love towards father , mother , siblings , and mainly our dearest friends. Now , talking about the "LOVE" we have towards our opposite gender , it might not last long , but it is your true feeling which you like to express , and obviously no one can live in this world without love . Don't u love nature, animals , plants ? Each and every single person will have a first love which has a great impact on that person , it maybe wrong or right , but it is TRUE ! Everything in this world has a positive and a negative side , but LOVE IS NOT OVERRATED !

• No love is not overrated it's just right

Some might say look at to most famous fails in love. Like Henry VIII his rythme goes
    Diviorced
    Behedded
    Died
    Divorced
    Behheded
    Survived
    Yes but 1 he wasn't even very nice
    2 he was hasty with marriage
    3 he wanted a son not a love life
    But do his fails for love make you never want to marry probably not
    You have to make your own choice on your life and family's experience.

• No, I think it isn't

Love may not last, it'll end just like everything in this world but I think it's not overrated. It's so much easier to lust than to love because love requires more than just casualty. And of course it's not just some fantasy of white horses and dazzling prince and whatnot. Love just like everything else has some good and some bad but still to me, it's not overrated and if it's overrated to you, would you rather not love at all?

• Our love is more than real

Our love: we found each other on a dating site, she's Moroccan and i am Canadian, we fell in love the first day, which was a surprise to me because I've had many failed attempts at love, and this was different right from the first day. And it didn't stop there, every day we still get closer and closer, 5 months later we're so much in love taht we couldn't bare not talking for 5 min, and when i say love i mean fucking love, i loooooove her so damn much i would die for her in a heart beat, 4 years later we're more in love then before. We're married with 2 beautiful children 2 cats and I still sometimes get tears in my eyes just thinking of her.
    And for love to be this strong i believe that it has to have a common goals and values, attraction, respect, and above all LOVE, you have to be open to LOVE her, open your heart, be silly and stupid together, make mistakes and say sorry, be in love, and this is a mutual thing, if one side feels different then the other then don't waste your time, be smart and move on, doubt is your worst nightmare.
    To my baby girl Kamilia, you're my soul and everything, and i will love you even if you get to be 400 pounds and 4 legs ;)

• Real love is rare because it has to be cultivated and is a lifestyle

A lot of people commenting here are burned, bitter and jaded because they couldn't distinguish lust from love. Lust IS overrated. Love is much deeper and more tolerant and lasting. People who love their families don't just quit on them despite harsh words spoken and many times of hurt feelings. Despite bad times the good outweighs the bad and people continue to gather as families and continue familial relationships. It must have something to do with the blood ties. In short, when you love someone even when they hurt you---it is difficult to stop caring or wanting the best for a person just as bad news about family members disturbs, saddens or hurts us. The feelings that go into loving someone do not turn to acid hoping for that person's ruin. No there is a feeling of remorse and you still care and want the best for the person---even if its not with you. This is because during the relationship the person (spouse) really becomes a part of you especially when you shared and worked toward many of the same goals and strived for the same dreams together. Sure you get angry--sometimes vengeful when it ends---but this never lasts and its replaced by regret & sorrow almost like a death. But you realized you still want the best for the person because well, your feelings are kind of still entertwined. Once a person enters the DNA of your soul sharing an indescribable intimacy it really hard to shut down all feelings. Sure we sometimes have to walk away but it hurts because deep down you still care. You just know it won't work out. Some people just aren't honest with themselves and of course, some folks really don't have hearts that have known what it means to love. Love is the glue which holds this world together. Compassion afterall, is also a kind of love. When our hearts are moved to tears by someone in tragic or unfortunate circumstances that is compassion it moves us to reach out and help. Love is the reason most mothers refuse to abandon their children. Love is not overrated most people just don't ever achieve it. They know only lust.

• The Power of Love

80% of brainwashed crash test dummies that say YES, unfortunately, you are heart-washed too. Love is not a CHEMICAL. It is the starlight in your heart that you're no longer aware of. You're bitter because someone rejected your ego or, according to the ultimate silence treatment, someone "ghosted" you. Well, there goes your LOVE for technology. Take a walk between the WINCO aisles and tell me what you see? The lines of precooked zombies that become what they eat. But no, how could you be aware of that? Maybe you don't buy your food at WINCO; maybe you go to WHOLE FOODS MARKET instead, but as long as you don't get your head out of your apps, you won't really CARE. You can't waste your precious time because you're taught to dream big and go for it. But if you're so much into your Numbers Game, do the math. 7 billion people. Climbing the social ladder, are they going to ultimately fight and destroy each other? Only if they LOVE and RESPECT one another, they still have a chance to save the air they breathe.