Do you think message board censorship is unconstitutional?

• Censorship of a U. S citizen in a public place or public virtual place based in the U. S is a blatant violation of the 1 amendment.

If you are living in america and are on an american forum somewhere in the U. S, Then yes, You have a first amendment right to free speech. It DOES NOT APPLY solely to the government. It applies to everyone restricting someone of their free speech in a PUBLIC AREA or in this case, On a PUBLIC forum based in the United States. The no voters know not what they speak. To the no voters, That's like saying the owner of a companies policy in a public facility is what U. S citizens have to follow when they are in such a facility. That's not how the LAW works. You DO NOT have to follow a companies policy of a public facility and or place if you don't work for them. Just as I don't work for the Owner of a public forum and even if the owner of a public forum isn't working for the government, If again it's still a virtual public place then all U. S citizens have their constitutional rights of course and the owner of such public forum would have to acknowledge that and if he did censor someone, He still technically violated someones rights given the simple notion that he was on a PUBLIC forum open to all users using the WiFi based in the U. S. That's a silly argument. The SAME rules of a public facility or place apply in those circumstances. As the supremacy clause article 6, Section 2 states that FEDERAL LAWS AND THE U. S CONSTITUTION ARE THE SUPREME GOVERNORS OF THE LAND AND ALL SUBORDINATE STATE/CIVIL/PRIVATE LAWS WILL ALWAYS BE INFERIOR TO IT! This patently includes online public forum policies.

• I have a question.

All of you "No" answers. Suppose I decided, for purely arbitrary reasons, that your post was offensive to me. I hit that little flag, and get your post deleted. Now, suppose it took hours to come up with that idea, but hey some minority (somewhere) was possibly offended. Say, people from Pitcairn, as I can think of not much offensive about them. Welp, everything else you said is officially fair game. When you agreed to abide the terms of the web forum, you probably signed something like this:
    https://nest.Com/legal/community-forum-agreement/
    Look at this closely. It is a private document, that has the gall to claim that it somehow overrides the constitution of many civilized Western countries to basically treat people like they are elementary school students in a despotic state. Freedom of the press? What's that? Censored because you said a curse word or offended someone.

• Censorship anywhere on the internet is wrong

Of course i think censorship on a message board is unconstitutional. The internet should be censored in any way. That's what's so great about the internet. I love the fact that one has the freedom to express themselves on message boards. I believe message boards are doing just fine today without censorship.

• No, I do not think message board censorship is unconstitutional

Message boards are not public places; they are private domains of the person or persons who own the website. They are like a virtual living room. Since they are "owned" by someone, the person who owns them has the right to make rules about what can and cannot be posted in their forum, just as a host has the right to decide what his guests can or cannot say while they are in his living room.

• No, because forum moderators aren't the government.

Censorship would be unconstitutional if it was practiced by the government. That doesn't mean when an ordinary individual practices censorship it's unconstitutional--teachers can place restrictions on what students are permitted to write in class, publishers can place restrictions on what they're okay with publishing, and forum moderators can place restrictions on what they want in their forums. They're only controlling what the student/writer/forum member may or may not say within that one place where they have authority. They're not preventing a person from expressing their idea period.

• No it is not

No, I do not think that message board censor ship is unconstitutional. There are censors placed on message boards to protect people from seeing really harsh language, and most of the people on these message boards do not want to see a lot of harsh language being said on there.

• Up To Forum Owners

I do not believe message board censorship is unconstitutional. Message boards are set up by individual people and therefore the people who set them up essentially own them. What happens on their forum is essentially up to them and has nothing to do with the constitution at all. Message board owners have every right to do as they please on their message boards.

>