• They absolutely do

There are shops (walmart I think? ) that refuse to sell albums with PA labels. This forces artists to either release "clean" versions of songs or limit their choice of words just in order to sell them. I just think it's ridiculous that they can't express themselves the way they want to. Freedom of speech, Amirite?

• Honestly? Bad idea.

It limits the freedom of artists in what they can say in their songs ba making them fear they might not get a contract with a good label if all of their albums/songs will be labeled with "parental advisory". It could keep the label from taking them in bc the label might put off buyers losing them potential sales.

• Not the label itself, But. . .

To be honest, I find those labels ridiculous. We don't have those where I am from and they aren't needed either. As I said before, The label itself might not infringe with free speech, But the decision of large retailers to not sell these albums anymore or only (heavily) edited versions of them definitely is.
    The "child protection" argument is nothing but a farce. There are *much* worse things said and shown in everyday TV shows than a simple "f**k" in one song.

• Of course! ( preteen opinion )

Parental advisory stickers annoy the hell out of me!!! Who cares if there is cursing in a song? Most kids hear it all anyways, so what's the point? Honestly I think parents are NATZIS these days. Well sorry if this post annoys you but this is a political preteen Green Day fan speaking...

• Parental Advisory Labels take away what the artist is trying to say

Just like poetry, music is open for interpretation. Take the 1985 Twisted Sister case; Dee Snider went to court because one of their songs was accused of talking about rape, when really it was about the feelings of a patient before surgery because of a surgery the drummer went through. Music is just music- nobody is making anyone listen to it. Even if the labels advise parents, it doesn't mean the parents care. How many kids even show their parents the kind of music they listen to? The labels are useless, and even suggesting that artists put them on or make cleaner versions of songs makes no sense. It would be like telling people not to say things without their parents permission.

• Parental advisory labels are smart

Parental advisory labels are important when you are establishing a safeguard against graphic images being shown. This will help with the overall reputation of the artist, but still manage to not infringe on freedom of speech. This is something that can be a standard for kids not to watch inappropriate videos.

• Parental advisory labels are useful

Parental advisory labels are useful tools in parenting. Just because a parental advisory label appeals on an album does not mean that the artist's free speech rights are being infringed. Those artists can still say anything that they would like, it's just that the public is better able to judge what they would like to hear said.

• No I don't.

I do not think having a parental advisory label infringes on artists free speech right at all. I think the fact that they are able to sing and rap whatever music they want is them exercising that right enough. There is nothing wrong with putting warning labels, and making note of the type of music it contains.

• No, that is ridiculous.

I think parental advisory stickers let you know what type of language is on a record or video game. It's not an infringement of free speech. It's not telling artists they cannot say certain things. It is simply giving parents the chance to be, well, good parents and choose what their children can see and hear.