• Schools should have a dress code!!

I'm in high school and I want a dress code, yeah that's pretty bad. It's because guys have their pants below their butt and it even go down to their knees nobody wants to see some guys butt and and other general regions sticking out, girls would wear see through shirts, booty shorts and skirts, shirts that are so low their breast pops out of their shirts or you can see it all when they bend over or have giant holes in their pants to the point it looks like there ripped open, it's not dressing for success, you would't go to a job interview like that

• Yes! Absolutely yes

Yes, that way children won't be discriminated based on clothes. Plus, it saves A LOT of money. Instead of having to buy clothes for all year long, you just have to buy them for the weekend and occasional situations. And it's so much easier, specially for girls. You don't have to put any thought into what you're gonna wear the next day and you don't have to be concerned weather it makes you look cute or not. But as I said, most importantly, it takes discrimination based on clothes out of the picture.

• Dress code should be enforced

Schools are public education institutions. Therefore, Dress code should be appropriate for ALL children. There are still many families and children that want to dress modestly and display modesty. A lack of regard for the latter is not ok. "Conservative" or those of us who believe in dressing modestly deserves just AS much respect as all other people.

• It's school not a party.

I've seen some pretty ridiculous clothing at school. People sag way too low (That's what belts are for, I don't know why they even bother wearing them if they just drop their pants like that. ) I've seen girls come to school wearing basically nothing, Just a tube top and very short shorts. I don't want to see the majority of your bra. A bra strap or both are fine, I just don't want to see most of it. It's distracting and I'm not even a guy, And I have no interest in girls. It simply just draws your attention to them. It's not like it's too hot in our school or anything, In fact those people often complain about being cold. Most of the time it isn't enforced because there are simply too many people doing it. Someone got dress coded in my class and made a massive deal, Complaining very loudly in front of the class and distracting everyone. When you go to the school, You sign a contract and part of that is the dress code. We're here to learn not to hook up. I don't think the dress code has to be extremely strict, But it still should be enforced.

• Yes, School dress cods should be enforced.

Yes I believe that dress codes should be enforced and here are my reasons why, I believe that other students should not have to feel uncomfortable because of other people wearing things such as showing, Too much cleavage or booty shorts. This goes for men too, Not everyone wants to see guys underwear or there butt or whatever. I think people should have dress codes for obvious reasons.

• Should schools enforce dress codes.

HELL YES! No one wants to see girls short shorts and their short skirts. If you walk or bend over ans I see your butt then it is too short so go home and change. School is a place of business not your catwalk. Get appropriate clothes on and then come ready to learn. It ruins your image if you come with your breasts out and stomachs showing and men pull up your pants maybe even but a belt.

• This would help prevent or cut down

On school violence e. G. , When a student wears something that depicts violence e. G. , Shows a picture of a gun on his shirt, Shows other scenes that depict violence, Or that shows a word or words that are too explicit. A student would be suspended, Or expelled from school for wearing clothing that may be related to violence, That uses a explicit (or a swear) word, Or related to drugs, Alcohol or tobacco. Schools are now cracking down on it.

• People would get distracted

Kids would get distracted with some revealing skin and would get either "turned on" or attracted by the skin that the girls are showing. So i really do think that schools should have dress codes. Some people may have a different opinion about what I have to say but oh well it's my opinion.

• Most people wear inappropriate clothes.

Everyone has their different styles of wearing clothes, but some need to tune it down a bit, everybody needs to wear appropriate clothing in school, maybe not wear uniforms but just good clothing. Some boys wear their pants to low and some girls wear their shirts to low. It's becoming a big problem in the U.S.

• School are proffensional

Schools arn't places to go and show off your body for everyone to see, they're proffesional places to learn and study. The last thing you need while learning is a distraction, this goes for both boys and girls. Honestly this argument is some of the dumbest crap I've heard in awhile. You go to school to learn not to show off your body.

• Should schools enforce dress codes

HELL NO! I should be able to have freedom of expression. Yes people shouldn't be able to wear just anything because of course there's freedom of expression and then there's just inappropriate. Like duh we shouldn't be able to come to school in a crop that looks like a bra but a crop that shows like a 1in strip of your lower stomach? Come on!! Who the hell cares about your damn stomach? And yes we shouldn't wear jeans with holes in it to the point we can see underwear or that its really close to you know your area but me having a hole on my thigh above right above my knee? HAHA! You got to be kidding me. The way people dress is who they are ... BE WHO YOU ARE! Also that shit is sexist but i'll let someone else take that topic . ;)

• Dress codes take away your freedom of wearing what you please.

When their is a dress code you feel restricted to be who you are and wear what you want. Why is their a need for dress code? I cant understand how wearing something out of this dress code will distract a person of the opposite sex. It really is dumb. Especially who they target girls with all the rules while boys only get to things to keep out of dress code.

• No, school dress codes should not be strictly enforced.

When one person causes a strictly enforced dress code because they insist on looking trashy, it's not good. I think that having dress codes, kids cant express how they feel because its 'distracting to others'. That is discrimination and a violation to our rights to our freedom of expression. Like how is someone's hair or ear piercings or nails distract someone else during say a test or pop quiz? It doesn't and i think its just another way for other people to control us.

• Sexualizes female students

In grade school females have a lengthy code of conduct while males have a very short code. Boys are allowed to show their shoulders and knees while girls are not. I will never forget my senior year of high school when I was sent home for my outfit. I was a receptionist and went straight for school to work. I wore clothes to school that where business appropriate. I went to school wearing skinny slack (slacks cut like skinny jeans) and a tucked in blouse. I followed all of the code of conducts rules but was told my outfit “accentuated my figure too much” (referring to my pants flattering my curves. When my mother spoke the principle on the matter he said “he trusted the judgement of his staff and that my outfit must have been distracting.” That day my school tried to make me feel like my body was something dirty and that it was a distraction to boys. This is a good example of how societies double standard is teaching children that rape culture is normal.
    Instead of teaching guys to not sexualize women they are taught that girls are a distraction and it is their job to cover up. When a female is raped while wearing something that is tight or showing more skin some people say “well she was asking for it”. The victim is blamed because our society does not believe women should be able to love their body. Women are supposed to view their body as a sex tool and cover up so nobody can see it.

• Dress code sexualizes students

• There should not be dress codes.

Schools shouldn't enforce dress codes because I feel it takes away your individuality because most people express themselves through clothing. A lot of teachers say they have a dress code because some peoples clothing/hair are "distracting" during class time, but just WHY? Dress codes go as far as not letting girls and boys wear purple/orange/green/yellow socks, not letting boys have pierced ears, which in my opinion is very unnecessary, how are someones ears going to impact their score on a test?

• Dress code is bad

Dress code is like giving your will to make choices to someone else.
    You stay in uncomfortable clothes that someone else chooses for you.
    Parents have to pay for school and now they have to pay for clothes?
    What if those clothes rip?
    You are taking away choices from children.

• Why kids should not have dress code

People get clothes before they get the dress code and they spend all that money on these clothes and wear them. They can't take them back because they have already worn them. One thing I disagree on is that girls can wear those short shorts. I also disagree that kids shirts have to be to their knees in order to wear leggings. It is just stupid!

• Dress codes suck.

To think that a pair of leggings or a bra strap that is showing can "distract a boy's ability to learn is ridiculous to me! It is not a good idea AT ALL! What are they trying to do, make girls become the type of eskimo that lives in the arctic? ITS DUMB! Girls litterally can'y wear clothes that feel good just because they might " distract boys" is sooooooooooooooooooo dumb and its kinda sexist

• People Have Personalities

Guess we aren't that far from the good ol' 1910's, right. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .?