• Dress code should be enforced

Schools are public education institutions. Therefore, Dress code should be appropriate for ALL children. There are still many families and children that want to dress modestly and display modesty. A lack of regard for the latter is not ok. "Conservative" or those of us who believe in dressing modestly deserves just AS much respect as all other people.

• It's school not a party.

I've seen some pretty ridiculous clothing at school. People sag way too low (That's what belts are for, I don't know why they even bother wearing them if they just drop their pants like that. ) I've seen girls come to school wearing basically nothing, Just a tube top and very short shorts. I don't want to see the majority of your bra. A bra strap or both are fine, I just don't want to see most of it. It's distracting and I'm not even a guy, And I have no interest in girls. It simply just draws your attention to them. It's not like it's too hot in our school or anything, In fact those people often complain about being cold. Most of the time it isn't enforced because there are simply too many people doing it. Someone got dress coded in my class and made a massive deal, Complaining very loudly in front of the class and distracting everyone. When you go to the school, You sign a contract and part of that is the dress code. We're here to learn not to hook up. I don't think the dress code has to be extremely strict, But it still should be enforced.

• Yes, School dress cods should be enforced.

Yes I believe that dress codes should be enforced and here are my reasons why, I believe that other students should not have to feel uncomfortable because of other people wearing things such as showing, Too much cleavage or booty shorts. This goes for men too, Not everyone wants to see guys underwear or there butt or whatever. I think people should have dress codes for obvious reasons.

• Should schools enforce dress codes.

HELL YES! No one wants to see girls short shorts and their short skirts. If you walk or bend over ans I see your butt then it is too short so go home and change. School is a place of business not your catwalk. Get appropriate clothes on and then come ready to learn. It ruins your image if you come with your breasts out and stomachs showing and men pull up your pants maybe even but a belt.

• This would help prevent or cut down

On school violence e. G. , When a student wears something that depicts violence e. G. , Shows a picture of a gun on his shirt, Shows other scenes that depict violence, Or that shows a word or words that are too explicit. A student would be suspended, Or expelled from school for wearing clothing that may be related to violence, That uses a explicit (or a swear) word, Or related to drugs, Alcohol or tobacco. Schools are now cracking down on it.

• People would get distracted

Kids would get distracted with some revealing skin and would get either "turned on" or attracted by the skin that the girls are showing. So i really do think that schools should have dress codes. Some people may have a different opinion about what I have to say but oh well it's my opinion.

• Most people wear inappropriate clothes.

Everyone has their different styles of wearing clothes, but some need to tune it down a bit, everybody needs to wear appropriate clothing in school, maybe not wear uniforms but just good clothing. Some boys wear their pants to low and some girls wear their shirts to low. It's becoming a big problem in the U.S.

• School are proffensional

Schools arn't places to go and show off your body for everyone to see, they're proffesional places to learn and study. The last thing you need while learning is a distraction, this goes for both boys and girls. Honestly this argument is some of the dumbest crap I've heard in awhile. You go to school to learn not to show off your body.

• Yes of course

School is for learning. It not a place where you can hang out and do whatever you want. This is very bad and you can get suspened or expened for that matter. Would you like to risk it . It also make school a safer place. So enforce the dress police.

• Dress code is good

School is a learning environment, not a fashion show. Wear your fancy clothes on the weekends and be cute at school but not by showing your stomach or Breasts. It’s just not attractive, it also creates a bad image for you, do you want to be that person? I don’t think so

• Having a dress code makes boys and girls feel less empowered to act freely and develop their own personality.

In my country, Colombia, most of the schools have a dress code. But in those same schools with dress code the children are subordinated not only with their dress choices but with their hear cuts. As these children grow they don't behave as individuals but rather, they become very dependent on others. When they graduate they are generally immature and they haven`t develop as much as those children that had the liberty to experience free will when they were younger. These leads to incapable people, who cannot take responsibility on their own. Their self image is dependent on others, because they have grown accustom to do what others tell them to do rather than what they really want.

• Dress codes don't help academically.

Tests have shown that when you are allowed to wear what you want, You do better on tests and in school. If you are allowed to be comfortable and not have to worry about getting suspended over your shoulders or your collarbone showing, You probably would be able to spend more time studying and focusing. If "the boys" can't focus because your arms are showing, Then the boys should learn to control themselves.

• Dresscode needs to be gone

I feel like our school is like suffocating us. They are so strict that I can literally wear nothing. LIKE WHATT. It’s so ridiculous that they have to ruin someone’s day by dress coding them. Like girls always get dress coded because we are “distracting “ people, Like WHY DONT YOU TEACH BOYS TO CONTROL THEMSELVES! Also, You even get dress coded for the littlest things. Like “oh I can see one cm of your stomach. ” Like TF! It is ridiculous that I can’t even wear what I like to wear. Like I’m not gonna replace my wardrobe just for school.

• Should schools support dresscodes

I am a student and strongly believe dress codes are ridiculous. My views is as long as the "no dresscode" isn't taken advantage of it is fine. I should be able to wear a shirt showing my collarbones for my liking because I 'm fond of how it feels and looks on me . I shouldn't have to second guess my entire wardrobe and think " can I wear this . Can I wear that " in fear of distracting a person from the opposing gender . It seems to me the real problem isn't how us females dress , but with males and their reactions to it .

• We should be able to express our self the way we want to.

We (students) feel that we are over sexualized because "our shoulders are too sexy" or other things and it restricts our clothes so we have to take the time to find clothing that fits the school dress code. Girls are more affected by dress codes but boys are not, boys can wear shorts but girls cant .

• Dress Codes are stupid

Students should get to express them selves without getting shamed. Students shouldn't just get to wear underwear but they should get to wear a shirt that shows so stomach who cares if you see some skin it's the same skin as on our arms and legs. So why does it matter?

• Dress codes suck

Dress codes are not cool. Not only is it body shaming people, it`s just harsh. Dress codes don`t give you the freedom to wear what you want. For example, if someone went and bought a new top on sale and wanted to wear it on the last day of their junior year. Oh no! Dress code alert! Your parents are at work and you get grounded for a month for the school`s opinion on your new top. Not cool

• Dress codes? No thanks

We as students should have the freedom to express them self. I don't care about seeing people stomach. The way people dress is not my problem. It's your problem. If you don't like people wearing crop-tops, TOO BAD! So many schools have a dress code and then students wear that crap and the teacher are ok with it. WOW

• Should schools enforce dress codes

HELL NO! I should be able to have freedom of expression. Yes people shouldn't be able to wear just anything because of course there's freedom of expression and then there's just inappropriate. Like duh we shouldn't be able to come to school in a crop that looks like a bra but a crop that shows like a 1in strip of your lower stomach? Come on!! Who the hell cares about your damn stomach? And yes we shouldn't wear jeans with holes in it to the point we can see underwear or that its really close to you know your area but me having a hole on my thigh above right above my knee? HAHA! You got to be kidding me. The way people dress is who they are ... BE WHO YOU ARE! Also that shit is sexist but i'll let someone else take that topic . ;)

• Dress codes take away your freedom of wearing what you please.

When their is a dress code you feel restricted to be who you are and wear what you want. Why is their a need for dress code? I cant understand how wearing something out of this dress code will distract a person of the opposite sex. It really is dumb. Especially who they target girls with all the rules while boys only get to things to keep out of dress code.