• Yes, They should

1. A teacher provides the education and skills for every pursuable career. Without this, There would be no doctors, No lawyers, No politicians etc.
    2. It has been proven that teachers have one of the most stressful jobs available, And often in their so-called 'holidays', They have to work extra jobs to make ends meet.
    3. 5 years of training for £12/h is not a good salary, And I believe if you have trained for something, You should be paid highly to do it.

• Teachers are more important

What do celebrities teach? Nothing but greed. We go to school for a reason and celebrities just teach stupid things. Education system is messed up bc people aren't supporting it to make it better. People just support the entertainment and sport industry. They just sing and play a sport and get paid millions while teacher teaching hundreds of kids for 10 months get nothing. Shame

• They get paid so little!

Teachers only get paid 50000 dollars a year! That’s barely enough money to Live on! They have a really hard job! They have to take work home! They have to take care of a full class of kids! They don’t get very much respect! And then they get paid so little!

• Absolutely should get paid more

I think that teachers should get paid more because after all they are spending their time helping children pass their exams. It is estimated that 732 students got straight nines in all their subjects for GCSE. Do you actually understand how great that achievement is and most of that credit goes to the teachers despite the GCSE getting harder, There is a rise in more students passing their examinations with flying colours. So please give respect to those teachers that earn the credit. And my statement is that TEACHERS SHOULD BE PAID MORE!

• I think teacher work hard so they can get more money and bounes

Teachers should always get money because they work so hard and come to work every day and if they're sick they get a sub so I think they should get more money and pay raises that is why teachers should always get more money so they can work to school work online and all that just like my mom she's working and she's doing school work online so thank you I'm so glad to answer all these questions

• They need to be paid.

They need to be paid more because the teachers work really hard to become a teacher, Get their bachelor or masters degree, And that sometimes their students get really crazy but they still love them. Also they spend time away from their family because they have to check their students work.

• Yes They Should

Well teachers have to work all the time, And even a bit over the summer. Teachers do a lot more work than you think. Teaching can get very stressful. They make an impact in your life. Education should be valued and they give you education. Teaching is not as easy as you think. And they have to pay for their supplies with their own money.
    Teachers do a lot more work than you think. If you think that all teachers do is tell children to do work or math or ELA, Then you’re wrong. They are setting all of us up for a future of succeeding. You don’t have to like school to appreciate the teachers who are making sure that we have an education, Which is important. The question of, If teachers should get a raise, Has been debated between yes, And no because a lot of people don’t see the impact that they have on the world and individual people. I think that the answer should be a flat out YES.
    Some people say that there pay is not the problem and tat it that we have bad teachers, Which as nothing to do with the argument. “Don't let teachers fool you. Nobody teaches out of the goodness of their hearts or whatever tale about saving the world they want to give you, ” that is an actual quote from an argument, And people do teach of of the goodness out of their hearts, It’s what they want to do.

• All of you are smart on the left side of your screen it’s all true

I agree to all of the yes side cause they know how they felt cause they have been taught by teachers and you think man, Teaching is really hard and they only get paid 40 that’s hard for teachers I feel bad 😢 and thank you teachers your the best

• Yes They Should

Teachers deserve a bigger pay role, Teachers should be granted a much larger salary because they help children become our future. Some kids grow up to be doctors veteranarians marine biologists and that's all because of teachers. If there were no teachers what type of future is there going to be. Probably a world full of kids and adults living in there moms basement playing video games there hole life. So that's why I feel Teachers get be granted a higher salary.

• They are our support for our dream.

Without their help, Guidance, And classes, You would have a slim chance of growing up with your favored job. Even during the school holidays, Teachers attend meetings, Planning, Sorting the curriculum. They don't even get paid for that! Well, Think about it. We always have time in our school lives when we are dumped with SOOO much homework. But guess what? Teachers do double, Triple even quadruple of the kid's homework!
    So they must get paid more!

• Teachers not paid more than teachers

Firstly my uncle is a police officer and he even has to do the night shift but teachers do not have to go on the night shift.Also police put their lives in danger to save people while teachers do not have to do this.So police should be paid more than teachers.

Posted by: Fo
  • Is there any other Job out there that grants you summers off?

While what they are currently paid is far from the best salary out there, they only actually work about 8 months per years. So if a teacher is making 50k with 8 months per year of work then their salary is equivalent to 75k. They make plenty as it is.

• Payment is not an issue

If Payment is used as a motivational tool for better education, then why not pay the students, not the teachers? Because a teacher can open a door for as long as they wish, but only the student can walk through it. All we would need is to have reasonably high expectations, and the students will strive to succeed. This, undoubtedly, would be much cheaper, and more efficient.

• They are overpaid.

The head teacher of my school is on a higher salary than the leader of the country. The starting wages are double of what you could earn as a graduate working for private firms. For example, A teacher in this first year is earning double than someone with a masters finding work in data analysis. Absolute joke. Not to mention all the work benefits, Great pensions, Holidays, While getting to have a laugh and chatter with college students all day!

• Teachers get paid enough

If they get $40 dollars an hour, That is really good. With that, Yeah, It might be a little stressful, But you get to make the next generation of good young learners and fix the awful things that have come to America during the Obama administration. Teachers get paid enough

• Depends on the state

In NY and NJ teachers make great salaries often more than their privite sector counterparts 80k plus. I agree in many states like Mississippi they are chronically underpaid. Since I live in NY I see where they make enough and should not be getting guaranteed multiple percentage point raises every year. Lots of us in the business world have masters degrees too and dont get 12-14 weeks off a year. So again it totally depends on the state.

My second argument is that my college and work colleges that went to poor school systems in states like South Carolina turned out just fine and are as smart as the NY schooled kids. So I am not seeing the return on investment to pay teachers a ton and get 'smarter' students or whatever the teacher argument is for getting more money. Most of my high school friends that are teachers were not even close to being the smartest kids in the class. So any average person with patience for children can do the job. It also becomes way easier once you start recycling lesson plans year after yer.

• Teachers are being less needed

Lot of kids are becoming home schooled and now access to Internet, we can learn a lot. Not saying we don't need teachers it's just when times go on the demand of teachers will probably go down.

Also think about, what is dangerous about working as a teacher compare to a fireman. More dangerous and high demand for your job is more money. Also in my state, teachers take up most of the tax money for pay.

• More than what?

Most people have no idea how much teachers make. On top of this, teachers get very nice benefits that are rarely factored into the discussion. Furthermore, many of them are in unions that makes it difficult to be fired. There are way more willing teachers than there are open positions, and thus there is no need to pay teachers more to attract new teachers. Thus, until pay is based on merit, teachers should not be paid more.

• I think they should get paid more

Because without teachers there would no be doctors because the teacher teach the doctors to do what they need to do like fore example they thought them about blood types and about the medical stuff and they also teach them how to do CPR and what to do with there hands and how to take Gloves off

• That is not the problem

The problem is that we have the worst teachers in the world. Teachers union and tenure are problems that help to make sure bad teachers cannot be replaced. Just paying someone more without requiring they do a better job, due to skill assessments, mandatory learning, etc. will not raise the quality of education.

As it currently stands, American teachers on average do the worst in college as opposed to private sector workers. Recognizing this, it is obvious that teachers deserve a lower salary due to inferior skill set.

Http://www.Amazon.Com/Ed-School-Follies-Miseducation-Paperback/dp/B00FVR2P28/ref=sr_1_6?S=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382623634&sr=1-6&keywords=rita+kramer

This discussion is the same as "Should mcdonald workers get paid more". If you are a hard worker, and are skilled at some job, you will not be working at mcdonalds. Just like if you are skilled in mathematics you will not take a job teaching students for half that you would make in the private sector.

Don't let teachers fool you. Nobody teaches out of the goodness of their hearts or whatever tale about saving the world they want to give you. The only way to pay teachers more, is to require better teachers. The market will force better salaries for better teachers.