• Teachers are vital to the world

Without teachers, there would be no police officers, docters, lawyers, or just about anything. The reason teachwers get the summer off is becuase the kids get off. And this is not true for all teachers. Some work 10 hours a day, monday-friday, all year. An average of 20,000 is not enough to support a family in the modern world. To live in Boise Idaho, You need an average salery of 60,000 dollars with no tv, vacations, eating out, and a simple car.

• Yes they should

When I see my teachers I feel bad for them. They have to deal with crazy students and yelling all the time and also receiving massive headaches. And without teachers, we would have no doctors and other jobs so for all the things that a teacher does we all now they should get paid more even if they don't want to. They deserve a higher pay.

• Teach pay to be more generous

Teachers are extremely underpaid. Fact. Our current prime ministers and presidents, Where did they go as a child/teenager? School. Who taught them? Teachers. Yet the people who reach into the mind of our children, who could well be our next prime minister, are paid a grand total of just over a bin man. Shocking, Teachers slave day and night to educate our children with not just knowledge, but the keys to unlock the future of our world. Rest my case not until teachers are paid fairly. Rest my case not until teachers are rewarded for their honourable work. Rest my case not until teachers are paid at least 70k a year. Who is joining me?

• They should as

THEY WORK EXTREMELY HARD TO PUSH CHILDREN TO DO WELL IN EXAMS SUCH AS THE SATs.THEY ALSO CREATE POWERPOINTS ANS INFORMATION SHEETS BY THEMSELVES TO PROVIDE THE CHILDREN YO HELP THEM WITH THERE WORK. IN ADDITION TO THIS THEY ALSO WORK OUTSIDE OF THE CLASSROOM AS THEY HACE TO MARK STUDENTS WORK.THEY ALSO DO MORE THAN JUST TEACH.THEY SOLVE EQUATIONS AND TEACH YOUNG STUDENTS HOW TO BECOME A GOOD ADULT. ALSO THEY SHOULD GET PAID MORE AS THEY MAKE AN IMPACT ON OUR LIVES BY LEADING US TO THE RIGHT PATH AND MAKING US A GOOD PERSON.THEY ALSO MAKE US INTELLIGENT AND IF WE ARE INTELLIGENT WE GET A GOOD JOB.IF WE GET A GOOD JOB THEN WWE GET GOOD MONEY.IF WE EARN GOOD MONEY, WE CAN BUY A GOOD HOUSE.

• Yeah they should

My mom worked in the education department for almost 3 or 4 years. When i was asking her how much she made or earned she said it wasn't nearly enough. "I could make more as a paraprofessional than i did as a guidance counselor. So yes i definitely agree with your argument." there's more to it but its late and im tired. Ill fix it later

• Teachers are helping to develop the minds of the future.

Teachers work not only in school but at home. They spend hours planning lessons and correcting homework and tests. They are responsible for developing the minds of the future and many times have to be nurse, social worker and referee for some hard to handle students. I know my teachers spend lots of time and their own money to make school more exciting for us.

• Hell yeah they do

They deserve it. Teachers work day in and day out providing a safe, fun, and new learning environments for their students. They deserve not to have to buy their own school supplies so their students will finally have a nice place to learn. They deserve so much more than we give them credit, and money for.

• Yes they need to be paid more

They have to deal with like 20 to 30 kids for( how many hours you go to school and after ). Its vary sad that they don't get paid that much. With out them who will help us make meds or help us when we are sick or who will build homes over our heads. Teachers made all of this happen so why won't we thank then that much

• They should be paid more.

Teachers encourage and influence the future of our world. Some of the smartest people would not be where they are today without teachers. Teachers contribute to each aspect of society. Teachers prepare and shape great minds that are going to change the world. How can we even put a price on education?.. How are teachers getting paid the same or even less than people who never went to college? Actors get paid more to act as teachers than teachers actually do to teach. I think the salary should be raised so that teachers can at least earn 80K a year, but maybe there should be more training that goes into it before one can actually become a teacher.

• Teachers have to deal with disrespectful students all day long.

Teachers work outside of the classroom too. They work summer school, and may have a second job. Teachers are humans just like you and me. They need to pay for their food, water, and electricity too. In some places, people are only paid $12,000 a year. If a teacher has a family, that is not even close to being enough to support a family.

• Teachers not paid more than teachers

Firstly my uncle is a police officer and he even has to do the night shift but teachers do not have to go on the night shift.Also police put their lives in danger to save people while teachers do not have to do this.So police should be paid more than teachers.

Posted by: Fo
  • Is there any other Job out there that grants you summers off?

While what they are currently paid is far from the best salary out there, they only actually work about 8 months per years. So if a teacher is making 50k with 8 months per year of work then their salary is equivalent to 75k. They make plenty as it is.

• Payment is not an issue

If Payment is used as a motivational tool for better education, then why not pay the students, not the teachers? Because a teacher can open a door for as long as they wish, but only the student can walk through it. All we would need is to have reasonably high expectations, and the students will strive to succeed. This, undoubtedly, would be much cheaper, and more efficient.

• They are overpaid.

The head teacher of my school is on a higher salary than the leader of the country. The starting wages are double of what you could earn as a graduate working for private firms. For example, A teacher in this first year is earning double than someone with a masters finding work in data analysis. Absolute joke. Not to mention all the work benefits, Great pensions, Holidays, While getting to have a laugh and chatter with college students all day!

• Teachers get paid enough

If they get $40 dollars an hour, That is really good. With that, Yeah, It might be a little stressful, But you get to make the next generation of good young learners and fix the awful things that have come to America during the Obama administration. Teachers get paid enough

• Depends on the state

In NY and NJ teachers make great salaries often more than their privite sector counterparts 80k plus. I agree in many states like Mississippi they are chronically underpaid. Since I live in NY I see where they make enough and should not be getting guaranteed multiple percentage point raises every year. Lots of us in the business world have masters degrees too and dont get 12-14 weeks off a year. So again it totally depends on the state.

My second argument is that my college and work colleges that went to poor school systems in states like South Carolina turned out just fine and are as smart as the NY schooled kids. So I am not seeing the return on investment to pay teachers a ton and get 'smarter' students or whatever the teacher argument is for getting more money. Most of my high school friends that are teachers were not even close to being the smartest kids in the class. So any average person with patience for children can do the job. It also becomes way easier once you start recycling lesson plans year after yer.

• Teachers are being less needed

Lot of kids are becoming home schooled and now access to Internet, we can learn a lot. Not saying we don't need teachers it's just when times go on the demand of teachers will probably go down.

Also think about, what is dangerous about working as a teacher compare to a fireman. More dangerous and high demand for your job is more money. Also in my state, teachers take up most of the tax money for pay.

• More than what?

Most people have no idea how much teachers make. On top of this, teachers get very nice benefits that are rarely factored into the discussion. Furthermore, many of them are in unions that makes it difficult to be fired. There are way more willing teachers than there are open positions, and thus there is no need to pay teachers more to attract new teachers. Thus, until pay is based on merit, teachers should not be paid more.

• I think they should get paid more

Because without teachers there would no be doctors because the teacher teach the doctors to do what they need to do like fore example they thought them about blood types and about the medical stuff and they also teach them how to do CPR and what to do with there hands and how to take Gloves off

• That is not the problem

The problem is that we have the worst teachers in the world. Teachers union and tenure are problems that help to make sure bad teachers cannot be replaced. Just paying someone more without requiring they do a better job, due to skill assessments, mandatory learning, etc. will not raise the quality of education.

As it currently stands, American teachers on average do the worst in college as opposed to private sector workers. Recognizing this, it is obvious that teachers deserve a lower salary due to inferior skill set.

Http://www.Amazon.Com/Ed-School-Follies-Miseducation-Paperback/dp/B00FVR2P28/ref=sr_1_6?S=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382623634&sr=1-6&keywords=rita+kramer

This discussion is the same as "Should mcdonald workers get paid more". If you are a hard worker, and are skilled at some job, you will not be working at mcdonalds. Just like if you are skilled in mathematics you will not take a job teaching students for half that you would make in the private sector.

Don't let teachers fool you. Nobody teaches out of the goodness of their hearts or whatever tale about saving the world they want to give you. The only way to pay teachers more, is to require better teachers. The market will force better salaries for better teachers.