• Yes they do

Yes I think that veterans do deserve more respect than ever before Ok because they risk their lives every day for their lives for our freedom ok and yes I think that they should have to earn and get and deserve more respect than ever ok ok ok ok bye bye

• They deserve more respect

Now days, People get an entire month just because of their sexual orientation? ! ? ! And there are people saying that soldiers are "stupid" and "are murderers" when their forgetting, If American soldiers never fought, We wouldn't live in a free country. My grandfather served in vietnam, Drafted without a choice, He risked his life for not only his country, But his family, It honestly sickens me that gay people are considered 'heroes' and veterans, People who actually did something, Get thrown to the streets, Begging for change and scraps. "I was born in the U. S. A. "

• Yes they need more respect

Gay people get an entire month simply for their sexual orientation, And now there are people thats heroic! ? ! ? My grandfather fought in Vietnam, He willingly put his life, Kids, And wife on the line just so he could help our country, In my opinion, Thats heroic, Not dancing in parades and stripping on cars just vecause of sexual preference.

• Disabled Marine Veteran

To be blunt I get constantly harassed and blatantly made fun of for being a disabled Marine Veteran. No one cares at all. They say thank you for your service just because they are taught it is the polite thing to do. I have yet to have anyone actually act thankful or with gratitude. People just say thank you to get the niceties out of the way. I am also one hundred percent disabled and not receiving any kind of medical treatment currently the VA only wants to do six month check ups and my civilian providers keep dropping me because the multitude and severity of my issues is too. Much for them to handle.

• "Veterans, How much more do they deserve? ”

, They need more respect that what people give them, If it wasn’t for them we would not be where we are today, And also veterans deserve a lot more because they are fighting not for only they life our life, They have made countless sacrifices so that we could live free, Veteran are putting their life danger for us. And we also have to be grateful for veterans service of those who have defended our nation, And we have to respect veterans not just on veterans day but everyday of the year, And also think

• Respect is more

Veterans definitely earn more respect they've risked there lives we have not. I've grown up with 5 family members that have all severed in wars and all but 2 of them are alive 1 died in a car wreck after being discharged and the other 2 died in the wars.

• They are way more important than the food stamps bums that y'all are.

They risked their lives to make sure that you have the freedom that you have today and to me they deserve more respect that people give them. If it wasn't for them then you would more than likely not be where you are today. Now that is why veterans deserve more respect than ordinary people.

• They are heroes

If it were not for the soldiers of WWII, the world may be different. The Germans would have won. If it weren't for the soldiers of today, the Arabs would win. They deserve all of our respect because they gave/give up their comfortable lives to let us exercise our rights as Americans.

• They deserve respect

They put their life on the line for us and protect us so we can live in a peaceful country without war and lots of other problems that could happen if the didn't protect us. Since they serve and protect us, we should give back to them and help them

• Yes i think

Yes because they need more respect 1 1111111 1111111 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 1 11 1 1 1 1 111 1

• They are just people.

No, I do not think that veterans deserve more respect and kindness than they receive, because they are already given far too much benefit of the doubt. Any problem that a veteran ever has was caused by his time in the service. The rest of us are just supposed to tolerate them being drunks just because they used to be in the army. Maybe they would have been drunks either way.

• They could deserve it

Theyll deserve more respect in my eyes once they actually start respecting all the people in society they look down on with contempt for not being in the military or america. I could throw a bunch of money into officers training and instantly gain 1/3 of the militarys respect without earning it. They might not like me but just because im military now they suddenly have to and they hold everyone else to that starndard which is complete bullshit. I own a gun to protect myself dont push some form of social debt on me because you signed you life away to be told by the government how to live and think thats why i pay taxes.

• They made a choice.

With no regard for the people who could be murdered at their hands, they made a career choice. At best this choice was made through ignorance and naivety, but even in such cases the choice still shows a callous and selfish disregard for the 'enemy', and has caused death and suffering. At best a soldier is dangerous and stupid.

• Not todays Soldiers

Why do you think people would want to terrorize our country? Because we've been bombing theirs for decades. When will we stop bombing them? When young men and women can't be convinced to invade other nations as though we will actually benefit from it. I'm sorry for how it may have effected them but if it were up to me they wouldn't have gone... I tire of the "I'm fighting for you" argument...

• They are no different from others

Aside from the fact that they think they are entitled to everything just because they signed up for army. Most wars they participate in are not legit, they are used as pawns by governments. Forget about "bringing democracy to other countries" thingy and start thinking. You are being used. So you either get smarter and quit (do something else) or you just deserve what you have and do not deserve to be treated differently - you just another loser...

• Veterans have NO valid right to respect, nor a right to anyone's property because of their "service".

Veterans CHOSE to put their lives at risk by enlisting in the armed forces. Even in the case of mandatory conscription (a feature of a dictatorship that has NO proper place in a free society), they CHOSE to comply with the mandate, enlist, and assume that risk, instead of evading the draft, as they would have a right to do, based upon their right to self-ownership and personal liberty; therefore, no one owes veterans money, or goods and services because they "fought in defense of our lives and our freedom". Unless you personally contracted with a soldier to defend YOUR life and freedom and those of your loved ones--and voluntarily paid for that protection entirely out of your own resources--that soldier did no such thing ! Veterans have no valid right to other people's property because of their "service" or their "needs" because people are not slaves to veterans, just as they are not slaves to government. Moreover, given that the US military has been used for decades to impose and murderously enforce a hegemonic foreign policy by placing "boots on the ground" in over 100 countries, military "service" is fraught with such moral hazards as should persuade anyone committed to peace and individual liberty and legitimate individual rights not to engage in it in any way. Let all of those in foreign lands fight on their own, and at their own expense and risk, to rid themselves of tyrants, and pursue whatever lifestyle and culture they choose, bearing the full consequences of those choices for good or ill on their own lives and property. If any American wants to "suit up" and "play cop and warrior" anyplace on this earth, let him/her do so entirely at his/her own risk and expense, and not be so arrogant upon his/her return home to demand respect and loot from anyone !

• Certainly not; it's just another job and not a respectable one either.

It's just another job and not a particularly good or moral one either. They get paid to go to another county, in today's case a country that likely poses no threat whatsoever to national security and kill a bunch of poorly equipped people and a lot of civilians through collateral damage at the whim of politicians with an underlying agenda. I also get the impression that a majority of these "vets" aren't particularly bright people with good prospects in life. Not everyone can get a top education and hold a good job. Almost anyone on the other hand can be either cannon fodder or shoot at people unquestionably because their superiors order them to. Of course situations such as WWII where people are conscripted and have a reason to go to war are different. Today's vets on the other hand; defending "freedom?" Oh please, spare me the mindless BS and treat everyone you come across with a bit of decency instead.

• Not in my eyes

Majority of the United States wars were unjust and fucking stupid except WW1 and WW2. As stated above they CHOSE military service so they knew what they signed on for. I'm not going to be an asshole to a vet but I'm not going to grovel at your feet. The war in the middle east was built upon a lie and now we have many more problems to deal with. It's been a huge waist of money and lives on both sides and hence the reason we have more people joining terrorist organizations. Simple as that really.

• Ref ds op

Hey what is this? We get a lot of damage yk i don't even know what is going on. I am writing this because the veterans kiled innocent people. Even though they were drafted they could have gone to jail instead of illing innocent people. Also america was the one who started these wars believe it or not. There is no proof that osama bin laden was the one who crashed into the twin towers. They only showed a picture of him and said it was him. There was nothing about him. There was no information? Was he even arrested or what? We don't even know anything about them, And everyone says he was the one who did it!

• No, Because they are hypocrites!

Combat veterans do not deserve more respect or better treatment. They are already treated with a divine reverence, Yet they transgress the very principles the purport to protect. How often are we told that veterans have fought for our freedom? Frequently. Many of the “valiant warrior class” are the first ones to make threats of physical violence if we “ disrespect” the flag. Often in reference of improper display in protest demonstrations. In Johnson v. Texas (1989) it was ruled that displays such as flag burning are protected under the First Amendment. Even conservative Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia had to acquiesce the fact that such demonstrations are within the parameters of the First Amendment. The next time a veteran threatens to inflict physical violence or reminds you have how they fought for your freedom to express anti-patriotic sentiments, Remember, They are hypocrites. Anyone who wants to claim they preserved my freedom but will assault me over exercising one of my Constitutional rights, Is no friend to liberty.