Do you think the Immigration Act of 1965 was the biggest mistake made in US history?

Asked by: garythomas025
  • With this Immigration Act, we have lots of Third World immigrants (legal and illegal) that are putting the white population.

I am a paleo-conservative who believes in the ideals of the US before the 1960s. The Immigration Act of 1965 has put the Western culture of the US at risk. During the early 20th century, many immigrants came from Europe while limiting immigrants from the Third World (Africa, Asia, Islamic world, and Latin America). When the law was passed 50 years ago, you now have many immigrants coming from the Third World legally and illegally. I think that puts a risk at the white population of the US at risk in that they will become a minority by 2040. So, it is better to limit Third World immigrants and bring in more immigrants from Europe like we did back in the early 20th century in that way whites will not be a minority by 2040. I don't get why Third World immigrants want to move here while whites don't move to their countries.

• Import the third world become the third world.

In the 19th and 20th century America was a force to be reckoned with. Now it's just another country. Just look at how immigration has divided the country. Half of the millennials support socialism for goodness sake! Think America had the right to maintain it's ethnic balance.

Now don't start accusing me of being a white supremacist because I don't think white people are superior to any other race. Slavery is still awful and I don't think other races should be treated differently. What I'm trying to say here is that mass immigration of people who hold different believes and cause racial tensions is never good.

What happens when California becomes 90% Mexican?
    I can imagine a lot of people would want it to become a territory of Mexico.

Just look at Dearborn Michigan and how it's become a sharia enclave inside the US. If you visit that area it doesn't feel American anymore.
    Immigration has always existed in human history but mass immigration changes a country from within. I want every race to have a homeland and if some people would want to go to another country because they like it more then that is acceptable but you can't just move the population from a third world country to the rich country and accept it to go well. We should all work together to let every country prosper but moving over to rich countries and leaving the poor ones behind is just a VERY bad idea.

If white Americans want to stay a majority in the country it's racist but when you ask people if Japan should stay Japanese then everyone says yes. This doesn't mean that if all white people are allowed to enter America. I would still favor a non-white person if his views align more with America. The fact is that this has in fact very much destroyed social cohesion and made everyone more selfish. America has become MUCH more corporate because no one gives a shit about other people anymore and companies have taken advantage of that with fast food etc. America is destroying itself. Just look at the goddamn obesity rates in this country! Meanwhile, Michele Obama is trying everyone to move around more which is not the fucking problem. Now everyone praises Obama for being the first black president. Sounds like racism to me! He is directly responsible for the refugee crisis in Europe by bombing Lybia. He has caused the reintroduction of slavery in Lybia! How's that for the first African American president?

A lot of people consider nationalism to be a route to Nazism which is plain wrong. Nationalism is the reason that so many countries in Europe rebelled against the Third Reich because they wanted to keep their independence.

I would be quite interested to know if the people who voted for the Immigration Act of 1965 still think they made the right decision.

• I Don't Think So

The biggest mistake in US history by far was its establishment. As an American, I believe all our history should not have been written in the history books of the world, and anything because of its birth is a bit of a mistaken, i sadly believe. I hope we can finally live up to our arrogant demeanor so, though.

• You are an idiot.

Slavery, the intentional slaughter and relocation of millions of native Americans, forcing Japanese citizens into camps during the holocaust, allowing lead to be used in nearly everything, the fight for women's suffrage, and the list goes on and on. So if you think that that was the biggest mistake in US history, then you're nothing but a racist bigot and the biggest mistake your parents ever made was not wearing a condom.

• Heck no! It was a good law!

While some people *WINK-WINK LOOK NEXT TO ME* think America must have a white majority, I say little will change for the worse if America begins to have a non-white majority. America was never a white nation and it never will be.

The reason Europeans aren't moving here in droves like 100 years ago is because Europe isn't the hellhole it was 100 years ago anymore. Places like Poland, Ireland, and South Italy were pretty much like Afghanistan in terms of poverty. It's no wonder why they, and many immigrants from the Third World, moved here and continue to move here.

>