• Of course!

The royal family is a family to look up to, and many people actually care about them. I think it is a beautiful tradition and one of the most precious symbols there is for many countries in the word. So many countries are united thanks to them, and they are definitely proud of such a symbolic union.

• God save the queen

William and Kate are bae e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e e ee e e e e e e e e ee ee e e e e e e e ee e e e e ee e e e

• Positive tourism for the UK never hurt anyone

The Royal family is a good thing. Even though there may be occasional slip ups and "bad apples" in the Royal family, the philanthropy and wonderful resemblances to royalty establish a feeling of hope and confidence in members of the UK. Granted, I am US, but I think Barack Obama is treated the same way in ways.

• It's called the United "Kingdom"

Considering Britain's Government is a Constitutional Monarchy, established in the year 1688, and has prospered since then. Monarchs have performed deeds that improved the country and it's citizens. I will concede to the fact that some of them were unfit rulers, and used their power for selfish reasons. Yet there were Monarchs that possessed kindness, and fair sense of honor and justice. In times of war they would speak to the people personally rallying their spirits to push on and never give up. Take King George VI, he actually cared for people and wanted to help his country when it was threatened by Nazi Germany. Of course actual people in power like Prime Minister Winston Churchill gave speeches to rally the people too, but even they needed hope from the a Monarchs that rule alongside them.

• Identity

At the moment Britain's national identity is coming from the Royals. It's nice to have a stereotype that isn't some sort of Chav. Also they put Britain on the map. Would tourists come here to gloomy old Britain with a president drenched in rain? I don't think so. And they make us happy and bring us together.

• The royal family gives the English people someone to look up to.

I have read that there are magazines in England about Queen Elizabeth that come out monthly, with adoring articles about everything that goes on in her life. These magazines are devoured by a large number of the English people. The royal family makes the English people happy, and that is a good thing.

Posted by: ddeathnote
  • The Royal Family creates a symbolic sense of unity, which is good.

I grew up in Australia, and learned "God Save the Queen", along with our national anthem. The Royal Family were intrinsic to our national identity, as much a part of who we were, as a nation, as koalas and kangaroos. Largely symbolic, the Royal Family, nevertheless, forms a useful function in charitable works, raising funds and representing important causes. They are ambassadors, functioning in a non-political arena, whatever their personal views may be. They represent the nation's history and, in a rapidly changing political and social environment, a sense of continuity and community. The Royal Family is imperfect, yet that makes them, in some ways, dearer to the people, because they are human. They represent a little bit of fairy tale and honor, magic, and a belief that good and great are still possible.

Posted by: MindlessDominick98
  • I do think that the royal family is a good thing, because it gives their subjects something to be proud of, without actually affecting the political system.

I believe that the royal family is an important source of pride and inspiration. The world's continued fascination with them, despite the fact that they no longer hold any political influence, is a good example of their importance as figureheads.

Posted by: ToughEfrain26
  • The royal family is a good thing because people like to have leaders they can look up to.

The royal family is a good thing, because people like to idolize their leaders. Look at America, where there is no royal family; we end up treating Hollywood stars and Presidents like royalty. It seems that people have a need to glorify a leader and look up to them, so why not the family that is ruling? It's no worse than glorifying two-bit reality show stars.

Posted by: tagapps
  • Makes Britain great

Britain is one of the few remaining countries in the world that has a royal family dating back to the founding of its country. It has led Britain to such heights that it once owned one quarter of the entire planet. They give Britain a face to their government and they show how classy and intelligent they can be.

• I <3 the queen

I ran away when i was with my mum at buckingham palace and a wee old wifie tapped my shoulder and went "im elizabeth from the block, want a line?". I asked her if she had a note and her face was imprinted on it and i realised the queen was asking me to do drugs with her.

• Waste of money

In todays society the British economy needs every penny. At the current time the Queen and her family enjoy luxury after luxury while the NHS and education systems suffer. The royal family as a whole are also undemocratic and have no real purpose. What is the point? The answer is clear. There is none.

Posted by: rdfy
  • The queen is not the best

Although the ryoyal family does a lot of charity work the do waste billions of money a year which mean that other people have no money. This is just a waste of money. They are useless and is undemocratic. I apologise to the royal family but they don't do much

• I support the queen but feel the rest are parasites on a nation in crisis.

Where does the public purse end and how many are taking payouts when the pressure is on housing,national health and services which are greatly stretched to the point of desperation.The queen has always been a fantastic example of a hardworking caring monarch but much of the time the hangers on use the system as their own prvate expense account,Prince Andrew and his brood for example.

• No real authority

Why should we even have a monarchy yeh tourism thats the only reason other than that they just sit on their arse doing nothing while our tax payers money goes into rebuilding the palace get rid of them theirs other things that get tourism in this country you know take our delicases such as british foods pork pies fish and chips people come here because of these foods and thrive off them why should they be treated like they are better than everyone else and like celebrities when they aren't take politicians are they celebrities no they are no different to all us regular people other than our foods we have so many beautiful castles to go to and it sickens me that they have a donation box in the place for the royal jewles when people pay loads of money to go in to see them thats just wrong

• The Murder of Diana

The murder of Diana removed all doubt. Naturally it cannot be proved. They have too many employees who see to that and if ever anyone split on them it would be the end of employment for them. Never under estimate the power of the Royal Family—Diana did and look what happened to her.

• They suck like Oliver

They are terrible and only support charity. We should let them continue but maybe not waste space that much money because there are many more people that need much more money. I apologise to the Royal Family. But they shouldn't be wasting so much money or we the royals family will be greedy!

• Waste of money on people that are no more special than Kevin at Costco.

There are more than 7.5 billion people on the planet. Why do we need 10,000 people controlling the 7.5 billion. The British Royal Family is part of that 10,000. They are unnecessary and to convince the masses that we need them is all lies. Capitalism ruins people. The whole planted needs to be a socialist republic type place. Not communist. Or capitalist.

• Inbred entitled parasites

Why these inbred child molesting,murdering filth are still alive beggars belief drag them out of their stolen palaces and hang the disgusting scum.Proven child molesting murdering,greedy scum, the lowest form of human life is the disgusting"royals" deaths all they deserve.I cannot understand why anyone would tolerate these parasitic lice in the 21st century

>