• Continuation to "It is indeed better! "

This thread is mainly focused on counter-arguments for the offenses made on this debate. Please read "It is indeed better" first just to not be confused in certain things i talk about.

Thread "No, It's not": What problems? The only thing i can imagine are consumers demanding the cut of minimum specs (which didn't happen in 7 either) and minor RTM rushes that were completely patched in SP2, 7 fixed absolutely nothing, Unless you are gonna complain about UACs which didn't appear 1000 times a day unless you were doing things you ARE NOT supposed to.

Thread "Windows 7 is far better than Vista": Mind you. . . ? I haven't seen any actual evidence of a COMPLETELY fair comparasion with Vista SP2 and Windows 7 (Same programs installed, Same specifications given to the comparing hardwares, Same Storage, Same everything), And theres a bigger possibility that Vista probably had a faster transferring time than any other Windows. Also Mind you once again? I use Windows 7, And 1080p videos are an absolute stutter when my PC is loaded, It just starts tilting like you ran a corruptive gameshark on SM64.

Thread "Microsoft Word was more usable": If Windows Vista was too different for the time, What do you think 7 was?

Thread "Not at all": Kind of repeating points from above, The only problems were RTM rushes which were totally patched in SP2 and the consumers not being too wise, But if we go further, Windows Vista drivers issue were due to lazy OEMs thinking that they could get away with it by simply rewriting strings that said NT5. 1 To NT6. 0 (Simplified but you get the point), OEM Bloatware that made many people think it was Vista's fault for a sluggish performance when in reality it was those extensive bloatware packs that OEMs such as Toshiba shoved up into the PC.

Thread "I like Windows 7": What operation difficulties there were on Vista, Exactly? Both works pratically the same design wise. Same search bar engine, Same services, Same driver structure, Same Kernel, Same Bluescreen errors, Nothing seems to have changed to the better.

With that said, Hope you guys have a good day.

• It is indeed better!

To be fair, This whole "7 RUNZ BETTAH THAN VISTA EVEN IF IZ PS2" is nothing more than a huge humbug created by those who had 256MB RAM PCs that couldn't have run XP properly (christ! ) and didn't have any possible common sense of what could run in their hardware and what couldn't, So if they saw a game with hyperrealistic shaders they would think that it'd run on their poor-aged GT 7025.
    Anyho, The only reason why 7 is known to what it is today is because Vista made everyone move to upgrade from their until then mom's basement MB RAM PCs to GB(s) RAM that were also until then absurd. 2GB RAM and a dual-core Celeron was uncommon in 2006, In 2009 not so much. If Windows 7 was released at the same period that Vista came, It would also be widely infamous for having absurd requirements at the time.
    Besides, 7 came with nothing innovative. Windows Vista? A MUCH BETTER search function, UI which doesn't look too childish nor too obscure, Introduction of UAC (those that complains about Vista UAC are doing things they simply shouldn't), Introduction of Windows Update which made updating a lot easier instead of having to pay Microsoft site a visit every so often just to download 5 packages of updates daily, Windows Defender (Yes, I know it's not good but it was basically a thing for those who didn't have OEM Bloatware), Introduction to a probably better kernel, The most secure among the many options of the time, Objectively optimized for the hardware that could run it (ex. XP doesn't run on 4GB RAM), Faster file transferring, And so much more that i can't note or simply don't have time to. And what did Windows 7 brind? A weird superbar, Plainer (if that's even a word) wallpapers, A more dumbed down version of Aero, Removal of many entertainment features of Vista, Fake promises of being faster than anything else, Nothing too relevant to be even considered the best compared to Vista PS2.
    Before you say anything about Windows 7 being miles better than Vista, Please think twice (or even more). You could be one of the thousand, Or even millions that were blinded just because Vista came out to be too good for the time it released, And Windows 7 would undeniably go trough every single accusations that Vista had.

• It had more programs and a better UI

Vista had more programs and a better UI.
    After SP2, thay run the same with Windows 7 on my PC (Toshiba Satellite A300-1mm).
    Also,the Vista Movie Maker was better than the Live Movie Maker. I know that I can install Vista movie maker in 7, but that's not the point.
    I don't say that Windows 7 were bad, I like them, but Vista were better.

• Vista SP2 is better

With the service packs and platform update, I've found Vista to be better than windows 7. It has been faster and more responsive for me by a big margin. Vista might've sucked when it first came out, but now with sp2 and the platform update it's great, and I definitely recommend it. Not only is it faster, but I find it easier to use, easier on eye strain, and the best part: No huge ass taskbar. Great operating system.

• Yes, it was better.

While Vista is more user friendly and stops mistakes from happening and guides you through processes more easily, windows 7 was more fun to use and better to manipulate. The interface was a little more confusing, but all around it was a better operating system. Was very disappointed in windows Vista

• Windows 7 is far better than Vista.

While its built off the same kernel structure, it possess far greater power and control over system internals than Vista did and is just as configurable as its predecessor. Also, all the major bugs and kinks so prevalent to Vista platforms, including the dreaded freezes and hiccups that were a constant drag on a users experience with WMP are all but gone in Windows 7. Windows Media Player finally works the way it should in Win7, something which I'm sure many users were quite pleased with. (Yeah, I know it still doesn't compare to VLC player, but all the bad bugs are gone from WMP in Win7).

Windows 7 also includes way more power-handling for multi-tasking and to date is still the most stable operating system Microsoft has built.

• Not at all

No, I think that windows seven was a lot better that windows vista, because the vista program had a lot of problems that were not taken care of before it was sent out to computers. I think that windows seven gave people a lot less trouble that the other one.

• Microsoft Word was more usable.

I do not think that Windows Vista was better than Windows 7, because Windows Vista was more or less unusable. Also, in Windows Vista, they did a lot of funny things to Microsoft Word that made it very hard to transition from the old Microsoft Word. Vista tried too hard to be new and different.

• I like Windows 7

I personally think that Windows 7 is better than Windows Vista. This is mainly due to the fact that I felt that Windows 7 simply just made more sense and there was less of a learning curve into how to operate it. I think that Vista was okay, but Windows 7 was better.

• No, it's not.

No, Windows Vista is definitely not better than Windows 7. Windows 7 is basically just a version of Windows Vista that is not bad. Microsoft listened to the complaints that consumers had about Vista and tried to iron out all of the kinks and problems that users had to make their new product.