• Of course its a problem

Rape culture is a huge problem in America and people would rather teach girls how to not get raped instead of telling boys to not fucking rape. And when rape or sexual assault does happen people are so quick to ask the victim "what were you wearing" and "were you drinking" faster than "are you okay" its all bullshit and the fact that so many people don't realize how big of a problem it is sickens me.

• Definitely is a RAPE culture in America. It's just our dirty little secret.

I had a conversation with my brother the other day and he told me that every woman he knows romantic and platonic has said they have been raped. EVERY woman! He also went on to ask me if I had been and I had to say yes I have. And he was in shock! He said he can't believe how many women have been raped and knows he has to watch over his daughter carefully. Rapists when convicted get very sshort jail time even child molestors get short jail sentences. Alcohol which is one of the main causes of sexual assaults is still legal, rapists get short jail sentences, the public vilify the victim, yes we definitely have a rape culture in America.

• Oh absolutely yes.

To whoever on the opposing side made the claim that "we're just as bad as other countries," that doesn't necessarily mean that our society doesn't allow rapes to happen. About 1 in 6 women will be raped (or a victim of attempted rape), and 1 in 33 men will be raped (or a victim of attempted rape). But a study conducted on rape myth acceptance showed that around a third of college students still think "girls lie about rape a lot of the time." Victims know they won't be believed and as a result only 40% of rapes get reported and only 3% of rapes lead to jail time for the rapist (the best form of separating a rapist from society). This culture of not believing victims, not prosecuting offenders, blaming victims for being raped rather than blaming the rapist for raping, and making out false rape accusations to be more prevalent than they are benefits rapists. They know they'll be able to get away with it, and that's what a rape culture is.

• Yes it does and it is thriving

One word - steroids. Most people believe the true benefit of steroids is for developing muscles, I'm here to say that this isn't true and we are being deceived. The primary benefit of anabolic steroids is that it converts to high levels of synthetic pheromones in the body. What this does is chemically manipulates and deceives the female in thinking this person is a potential mate. These women would not give these individuals the time of day if they were not being chemically manipulated or having their will bended.

Pheromones are NATURAL. In the wild it is crucial for females in determining the alpha male which will survive the species. Could you imagine if animals were using synthetic pheromones in the wild, their species would be wiped out. The females will be mating with the wrong mates, and the alpha would not be motivated to lead, protect and defend. If your natural pheromones do not attract a woman sexually, thats ok. But to increase your pheromones synthetically, in secret, with the goal of "scoring" with women, is very high deception and probably no different from a roofie. It is scientifically proven that pheromones have a chemical effect on womens mood and sexuality - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3987372/pdf/FVVinObGyn-5-189-195.pdf.

Go to any steroid forum and almost everyone that does it, experiences high attraction from women "when on cycle". These scum are well aware of the immorality of their actions, yet steroid use is increasing rapidly and no one is bringing up these issues. Sounds like a rape culture to me.

• America does have a rape culture, for instance look at the prison environment

The fact of the matter is America does have a rape culture, we joke about prison rape. Actual non prison rapes go ignored, and we see those who are as different, and in some ways sickening despite the fact it was a crime committed upon them. As Much as America is a progressive nation, I would say there is in fact a rape culture in existence here with the prison jokes about rape being the easiest observation to make on it.

• Yes there is definitely a developing rape culture in America.

Rapists and Sex offenders aren't born that way. Rape is encouraged and seen as part of life and is often laughed at when it is discussed openly. Rape culture includes all the things in the media, gross guy conversations about chicks what they want to do to them and much more. It includes those stupid text message about 'tapping that ass' and making crude jokes about it. All these contribute to normalizing rape in the society.

• Immodest fashion is the most common factor that made it popular.

Women are now out of control in the way they dress, resulting to stretch the male sexual pleasure. Women in immodest outfits are more sexually attractive than the naked women. Modest clothes avoid sexual attractiveness and immodest clothes increase sexual attractiveness. Sexual attractiveness increase by time, resulting to the stretch of sexual pleasure, resulting to sexual frustration, resulting to rape. Rape culture cannot just stop by all types of deterrence, fashion is its root and their consumers.
    The power is in the majority of women, to keep it going or to make it stop. It cannot just stop by their voices, they must be modest.

• Yes, because we are still too religious.

Rape culture is inextricably tied to our stubborn religiosity. Christianity is based on tenets which lower the female to second-class citizen, with the primary dictate being that man is the master of woman. This sort of thinking fosters a culture which blames the victim in rape situations. When you blame a woman for being raped for any reason, be it the way she acts, the way she dresses, or the way she thinks, you are diverting blame from the rapist. The vast majority of rape claims do not result in convictions.

• Yes and it is thriving

• Does America Have a Rape Culture?

I've taught women's self-defense for many years, With the additional experience of being a retired police officer. Do women make false reports of rape? Yes. About 5%. The rest tell the truth as they have seen it. In years of teaching self defense to let's say 10 women, At least two would have stories of being sexually assaulted by men so traumatic that they had flashbacks and broke down in tears in class.

• Feminism is cancer and needs to just die already.

Is rape illegal in America? Yes, and rapists are universally hated by people. The whole issue of a "rape culture" is just a straw-man argument. Answer me this, who honestly is for rape? When in civilized society have we looked at a rapist (other than Bill Clinton) and said "hey what a swell guy"? I have never ever heard a reporter ask what the victim was wearing nor have I ever heard people victim blaming. The victim always has the support of the public as long as it is a real rape (a lot of people are faking rapes now).
    Now before an angry feminist asks, yes, I have been raped. My report went to the school but because it was another girl my report got thrown out and I was left believing that women can't rape and that it was only a case of "bullying". Years later I let it slip to my mom and the whole thing with me being uncomfortable hugging people made a lot more sense. Unfortunately it was so long ago that I can't reopen the case, nor can I provide solid evidence that I was raped aside from my own claims. But let me tell you something, not a single person will post on this asking what I was wearing, if I were to go to the media the school would be blasted as sexist and horrible and the teacher who threw out my report would probably be fired and the entire goddamn public would support me! We do not live in a rape culture, simple fact.

• America does not have a rape culture

America does NOT have a rape culture. Never have I ever seen rape glorified in the media, nobody slaps a rapist on the back and says "good job, you raped someone". That does NOT happen in today's society. And more men are raped than women are. Rape culture is not a thing, it is only something the left has created.

• Who needs rape culture to be alive?

The Left. They need rape culture to live, so they can reel in the 'victim' votes. They do this with a large amount of groups, races and anyone they can convince that "we will be on your side." The Left purposely portrays a 'rape culture' in all media, and has fed our youth through movies, news and spread this propaganda on college campuses. This is why you see such strong belief in 'rape culture.'

• America absolutely doesn't have a rape culture.

When was the last time you saw someone bragging about how they raped someone, then get congratulated by their peers? Never? Didn't think so. Yes rape DOES happen there's no doubt about that. But there's no normalization of it whatsoever. If a man is accused of rape (even falsely) it can ruin his life and completely change the way people look at him. What happens to rapists and those convicted of sexual assault? If not in solitary confinement for their own safety they are beaten, stabbed or even raped themselves by other inmates. Even after they serve their sentence (if it isn't life) or get parole they go door to door in their neighborhood and tell people what they've done. This is humiliating (not saying it shouldn't be done) and that's because people know that rape and sexual assault is wrong and NOT normal. It's not accepted anywhere in the United States. Most SJW's who complain about "rape culture" are the same ones who are for mass immigration from the Middle East. A large number of these immigrants practice sharia law which doesn't mind martial rape or statutory rape. This concludes my argument. Thank you.

• Obviously not a rape culture

We send people to prison for rape, We shame rapists who are proven guilty in a court of law, We teach kids about consent in high school and some universities even have required courses for it. Rape isn't normalized, Not is it acceptable. Are there bad people in America? Of course. Do we support those people? Absolutely not.

• There are no definitive statistics that state that America has a rape culture.

I am a woman, And I have all the empathy in the world for people who have been raped or sexually assaulted. I've dedicated time to working with people who have experienced this terrible thing so that they can get the help they need. I have also experienced sexual harassment and assault.

However, I don't think that America has a "rape culture. " Personally, I think that we use this word too freely because there are places worldwide that are far, Far worse. I think about that story in which several men in India raped a woman and burned her body. I think about how "marital rape" is perfectly legal in the Bahamas, And how if a girl goes missing, People make fun of it and say that it's because she's "sleeping around, " instead of trying to find them. I think about how there are countries in which the #MeToo movement could never exist. To say America has a rape culture is to almost bring America, Which is one of the most developed and free nations (despite its mistakes), To the same level as those countries, And it feels almost disrespectful to those countries and those experiences. I am not trying to limit what has happened here in the States (i. E. Brock Turner and Harvey Weinstein), But I do think that we need to keep in mind that we are lucky that we are not in those other countries.

A lot of people have already pointed to cultural things. Something that got me was statistics. There are studies that do say that there is a rise in the number of cases reported of rape and sexual assault on, For example, College campuses. One was done by the Department of Education. They said that they can not confirm if there is an actual increase in the number of rapes that are happening, Or if people are speaking out about their experiences. They did include that the spike in occurrences did coincide with the #MeToo movement, And that perhaps the increase in the number of cases is a reflection that more people are speaking out against it now, But not necessarily because from 2015 to 2016 there was an increased number of rapists.

I'm not trying to deny people's experiences, And for those of you who have experienced sexual assault and rape, My heart goes out to you. It's frustrating that it seems as though nothing gets done right away, And maybe we do need to adjust some of the laws. But the laws are in place in such a way where it is "Innocent, Until Proven Guilty" - and it sucks, Because sometimes you know it happened, And you have to wait, And perhaps we do need to adjust that. But this "Innocent, Until Proven Guilty" protects all of us from being unjustly accused. For every friend that I have that has been sexually assaulted, I also have someone that I know that has lied about it and ruined someone's life.

• Rape Culture Is A Myth And Only A Dumbass Would Think Otherwise.

If You're Convicted Of Rape & Sent To Prison You're Considered The Lowest Of The Low. A Rapist Has A Higher Chance Of Being Killed, Raped, & Beaten Up In Prison Then Anyone Else. Rape Is The Least Tolerated Crime In America & Most In People In America Agree That Rapists (Rather They're Male Or Female) Deserve A Very Slow & Painful Death. What Is Real Is The Fact That We Have People Like Ford Making False Accusations Against An Innocent Person & People Automatically Believing The Accuser Without The Accuser Having Any Evidence. The Idea Of Rape Culture Never Has & Never Will Exist In America. FBI Cime Stats Prove That"Rape Culture" Is A Myth. It's Not "#BelieveSurvivors" It's "#BelieveEvidence".

• No, No and no

The idea that America has a culture in which rape is encouraged it pathetic. Rapists are put behind bars, And even falsely accused are seen as threats to society and have a very difficult time finding jobs and/or keeping their current one. Another idea bolstered by the left is that cat calling and consensual touching automatically leads to rape. The spectrum for the term “rape culture” is far to broad for anyone with half of a brain to accept as fact. It also demonizes all men, Saying that all men are pigs and to always believe women. It saddens me to see that people believe this utter stupidity.

• No the U. S doesn't have a rape culture you uneducated feminist pigs.

The 1 in 5 and 1 in 6 statistics came from two universities. The study included catcalling, Consensual drunk sex where the woman regretted it in the morning, And men touching them not sexually over clothes. The FBI statistics say it is actually about 1 in 187, 000 women will be raped.

• We don’t have a rape culture

The frase that we life in a Rape Culture, Means that there is a system that supports rape. We don’t have that in America. And to say that 1 and 5 woman will be sexually assaulted or raped on campus. That would mean that they would reach rates of the congo, Which is the rape capital of the world and they use rape as a method of war. We don’t award rapists in our society, We put them in prison. I found this with two clicks of my mouse by the way.
    And rapist are treated HORRIBLY and rejected by society even if it was a FALSE accusation.