Does anybody ever really deserve the death penalty?

• Yes evil people

Yes yes ye s yes yes an eye for an eye if you kill someone out of vain someone is allowed to kill you for the justce of the person oyu killed so yeah it is justified don't word about it ut uis don't worry about it boi get your

• I argue yes.

People who commit such crimes have taken the life of someone else. Putting them in jail for life is a waste of space, time and money. Also letting them live is a risk in itself because this person is alive and capable to perform whatever cruel act again. These criminal offenses are a choice that is made, not an accident. These people have serious problems and what makes you think they wont become repeat offenders.

• I argue yes.

• Yes for dangerous crimes

There are some crimes that are not acceptable and people who commit these irredeemable acts must be punished in the most harsh way possible: death. We should not let anyone get away with these crimes, which means we must have a strongest punishment. People who have committed a crime such as first degree murder should have to suffer the death penalty because they deserve this after what they did.

• Yes for dangerous crimes

• I support the death penalty, and this is why you should also.....

You say every life should be treasured but if they were released back into society wouldn't they just kill again because if they've done it once then it's simply within their nature and capability to do it again. Bottom line is it would prevent a lot of this stuff happening as they would think more of the consequences. In place there would be less murder/rape happening. There would be higher consequences at stake and would make them think twice about doing it.

• People shouldn't be able to commit more than one awful awful crime.

After someone has committed a crime that actually hurts or kills somebody, they should not be able to do that again and we cannot trust that they have learned their lesson and will not do it again. I am for the death penalty and will probably never be convinced otherwise until there is not crime in the world. I am not waiting around for that day to come.

• H h h

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no on on no no no no no no no !

• H h h

• H h h

• Im only 13 years old!

People argue that policemen say that killing is bad but yet they’re killing a person for killing someone. In other words, policemen are killers themselves. It doesn't matter who or what you kill, a kill is a kill, so shouldn't they be killed as well? If the death penalty continued fairly, that would mean that criminal killers or policeman who get rid of criminals, should also get killed as well. It would just be a huge circle of killers getting killed for their crimes and the policeman would die to.

• Possibility of incorrect ruling.

Fortunately, almost all rulings are correct. However there is always a small chance of something going wrong. An innocent person waiting to be given the death penalty is one of the most horrifying things I, personally, can imagine. People have been wrongly convicted before and it does occasionally happen. What really matters is that the offender is off of the streets and in an environment where he/she can no longer harm civilians.

• I say no!

Even if people have done something insanely wrong wouldn't it make more sense for those people to just rot in a prison anyways? Also look at all the people that commit these crimes punishable by death. A lot of the times they kill themselves after they do it. Plus they don't think they'll get caught and if they do commit this crime thinking they will get caught, it's obvious that they probably aren't wanting to live. So why would we help them?

• An eye for an eye and the world would be blind.

I feel that the death penalty is essentially, 'lawful murder' two very contradictory words, in the sense that the people sentencing people to death are trying to save people from the same fate, so fighting death with death, it doesn't really make sense. No-one should be subject of this juxtaposition.
    Not only that but what kind of lesson is it to anyone, that if you have this amount of power, or this amount of intellect then, yeah you know, you can send this person to their death. I am aware that I have skipped many steps in the process but this is not the point.
    Using murder as an example, as often people are put to death for this, the does it make you any better than the accused person? A life for a life, is that the barbaric world we want to live in?
    What if we get it wrong? And they're innocent, because say what you like about the probabilities, it happens.

• No, I do not think that anyone should be given the death penalty

I have never supported the death penalty. Taking a persons life is never acceptable in any circumstance as far as I'm concerned. For people who have performed a horrific crime that results in the death penalty I feel they are getting off easier by being put to death. I think spending their life in prison is a far more suitable, and far more unpleasant punishment than death.

• No one deserves to die!

I get that people can be terrible sometimes and do horrible things, but that shouldn't mean that they deserve to die. Killing people doesn't justify what they have done, moreover it sets a bad example for younger people. The death penalty doesn't fix, it breaks. We should try our hardest to right the wrongs they made and not give them a taste of their own medicine. The justice system was flawed long ago, let's not make the same mistake.

• Everyone deserves a second chance.

Those who support the Death Penalty may say that if the people who have commited awful crimes were to be released, they would do the same thing again. For me, this is why Rehab exists. We should increase the funding for Criminal Rehabilitation. As other people once used to say, "Make Love, not War". We should focus on helping people get better. Vengeance won't get us anywhere and is counter-productive.

You could say "Some people is really sick and twisted" or to put it on other words "Some people just want to watch the world burn.".
    To my response, It is not that simple. As I have stated, Rehab is the answer. We need to better understand the situation and don't give up on them so easily.

E.G Solving murder with murder does not make sense.

• No on the Death Penalty

I believe that no matter how bad of a Rapist or Murderer you may be that their is still something even if it is deep down within that person that is good. Something in that person that doesn't want to be that way, that wants to change and be better. No one deserves the death penalty, we are all humans and make mistakes, some bigger than others. We need to help these people, not kill them. Putting them in prison is a far better consequence than killing them and being done with it. In prison they are forced to think about what they have done and feel the guilt for it knowing they are going to be in their either until they die or for the rest of their life.

• There is still hope

Because if we put the offender to death, it shows that we have given up on the ability of this person to become a good person in society. I feel that we should instead, aim to help them get rid of the violence. We should not give up on them. People could do bad things due to many reasons, including how their brains are wired naturally. We could continue to try to make them safe in society. I still believe that there is hope for them and they should not be given death penalty.

• I think not

I don't think we have the right to deserve who lives and who dies. Life is a beautiful thing and shouldn't be taken away from anybody. Killing someone for killing another person doesn't bring that person back. It doesn't give sorrow to the victim's family. I just don't believe in it.

Anonymous says2013-05-07T09:19:06.027
IS the death penalty deserved? Can it be justified even if they have killed is it right to take a life. Can we as human beings take a life even from those who have not lived a good life and have caused hurt and pain really end another person life. Can our conscious take that punishment or torment or is it justified is it right to say an eye for an eye.