• Think of the future folks.

I have thought in my life that i am only going to be alive for maybe 80 years, so why care about anything? Nothing really matters. But when you think that way, you are being selfish, i was selfish. There are going to be people on this planet after us. Just because they will not be around when we live, doesn't mean they aren't going to be in the same place as us. We have to have respect for future generations and make sure that the Earth we live on today will be an even better place for them to live in tomorrow.

• Not provable; value is a choice

I assume that by "matters" you mean "is of importance" or "has significance".

While you can argue that nothing matters by stripping any argument to the contrary down to its axioms and demanding proof of them, this doesn't really suit any constructive purposes. Things (in the broadest sense, including relationships, emotions, etc.) matter because we attach value to them, and their value cannot be definitively proven unless the sides can agree that SOMETHING has value in the first place (the unprovable premise).

I choose to live a life that ascribes value to things, accepting axioms like "happiness matters" as just that: an axiom -- unprovable, but accepted by me.

• Everything does matter.

People who are saying nothing matters are in a bad place. We have all been there it gets better. One of my family members dies of cancer today and I am very hurt I was reading all these and I was in a bad place thinking about how nothing matter we are all going to die, but it does matter. We want don't want to change the world we want to change the people on the earth. Everything matters because of all the standards the people before we made. Idek what I am typing but basically it does matter not after you're dead but when you are living it does. Things will get better. Find Gods light, go to church, be the light in someone else's life make them feel light and happy. Spread Gods word to everyone all of your family friends, random strangers. Educate them and yourself. God will help you find your way.

• Matters to who?

Things matter because the human race has put value on everything. If a nationwide boycott occurred on walmart for example, the business would crash. It would no longer be of value, so it would no longer be important in other peoples lives. If I died tomorrow my death would matter to my family, but seeing as I have left nothing of real value to the world it wouldn't matter to most people. So the word "matter" has a very flexible meaning.

• If nothing matters, then why are you responding to this debate.

Why do you go on living? Why did you go to work today? Why did you come home today? Why did you do anything? Why don't you just end your meaningless life?

Because it matters! Survival matters - our basic instinct - the instinct we share with all other living things. If survival did not matter to us then we would not bother surviving.

• No, it does not

In the grand scheme of things, nothing matters. Surely the general actions that everyone takes will have cause and effect, and affect future generations. The universe is infinite as we know it, and Earth hardly makes a dent in all that. Once we die, we're gone, forgotten by the future generations, and one day earth will end as the sun dies, and we will all go extinct.

• Yes it is

I always think the life was not gonna give me the best in my life. My future will in dangerous if i stop struggle. Because, all the people in my family had never got high in the school. And nobody in my family had never got into the university. So, my parents thought: You go to school for what? For the future in this time. Even though, many of people they couldn't get a job. They told me " Dont waste your time with poo shit thing" But, I'd never give up. I kept telling them what i think? What i want for my life. And they let me go. They agreed with me a little bit. My way now is very unsure. So i won't stop thinking about my future everyday

• Evolution says Yes

In my opinion, the genetic selections occuring moment by moment since life began demonstrate both the matter and the randomness of life. Life competes on a cellular level to dominate and reproduce. Life is the only thing that matters, with out life, this debate would not exist because there would be no one to ask the question or consider the answer. Life Matters all Life Matters.

• Evolution says Yes

• Choice and the right to make unwise decisions/choices.

We all make a choice to behave/make the choices we do.....And this matters even if we do not recognize this at the time or ever.

We are all transient travellers on this planet.

We human beings, need to take our heads out of our arses and start being more considerate to every living thing on this amazingly, wonderful planet. To date, humans have achieved many astounding things. But, we have still not grasped how to, on a mass scale, consistently treat sentient beings with kindness and tolerance.

Planet Earth and its inhabitants is, so far, strange and unique in this solar system. The ability to sustain life and repair damage done to ourselves is nothing short of amazing.

However, humans are accelerating our own and its destruction on a catastrophic scale.

The desire for profit and unimaginable power & wealth of a few million individuals/families/companies presents as being, all that matters. How ironic that it isn't, in the grand scheme of things.

We all have some kind of choice. What is yours?

• Unless life in this universe never ends, then nothing matters.

Assuming that there is no afterlife, then on an individual basis, nothing matters. On a more societal basis, everything would only matter is life in general never ended. If every living thing were dead, all bad and good things that ever happened would essentially be erased. Considering the multiple theories that the universe will one day end, the idea that nothing matters is most likely true.

• There is no significance in anything we do.

The quality assigned to things that humans denote as "something to be mattered" is just another way we mask our fear of death. By assigning value to our daily meaningless activities, we fool ourselves once again into thinking that our lives have purpose, that by the time we die our lives will have somehow found significance. But there is none. In a hundred years, a thousand, a million years, the so-called achievements of today will be insignificant, a microscopic speck of dust flowing down the river of Time. Your entire life, the lives of everyone on this planet at this time, will just be similar specks of dust flowing down the same river. Even after humanity is wiped out and the sun has gone nova, destroying most of the traces of our existence; even after the last spacecraft sputters and eventually dies; even after the Universe has dissipated or collapsed in on itself; Time will go on, uncaring. Accept the end; it is inevitable. Buy the shoes. Eat that damn donut. Give into your inner darkness. In the end, it doesn't matter.

• Nothing Really Mattress

In the grand scheme of things, I don't think a whole lot really matters. Of course, there's that whole heat death of the universe thing. But I assume the question refers to our own lives and what we humans do. In that case, not really. We're just a dust speck in an infinitely large cosmos, and the effect we have on anything regarding the big picture is so insignificant that it may as well be nonexistent.
    Of course, that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to live our lives to the fullest. Might as well make our short stay here as pleasant as we can.

• Nothing technically matters but thinking makes it so

Our human egos have us believe things matter
    everything is temporary nothing lasts forever so how can it matter
    when you die nothing matters anymore
    so i guess thinking makes you believe things matter
    its a weird question and tough to answer but this is kinda my opinion to it

• We spend too little time on a earth

Our time spent on Earth is too little. Like some people have said, Will anything we have done on earth matter when we’re gone? Will cheating on that test in 8th grade matter in 200 years? Will getting fired at your job matter after you die? We only get one life and one chance. Live life to the fullest and don’t look back

• Nothing ever matters.

We are all just 1 of a billion people who can't make a difference in the slightest. Killing yourself would be pointless, but not would also be pointless. People work their entire lives and earn a little money just to die. I'm not sure theirs an after life but that's pointless to debate.

• Nothing matters it is just a relative opinion

If we found out nothing mattered then would we still live on. If we were told that God or any gods don't exist and everything is random we would not be able to take this realization because we think we think life has to have a meaning but if it did not we would lose that sense of uniqueness as human beings.

• Nothing can or will matter.

All that we are is basically a complex biological machine made of the same stuff we classify as worthless. All things we do and are will be swept away in the sands of time and eventually degrade to nothing. This means that we are all basically complex A.I.'s tricking ourselves into believing we leave a lasting impact.

• Were all fake

Nothing is real we are insignificant in the grand scheme of things, things that matter to you don't matter to me so how much does it really matter, literally everything is meaningless because it'll all be gone, perhaps maybe humans as a species matter but each individual has no real meaning, if what scientists and cosmetologist have been saying is true, that the universe is ever expanding and then will life ever cease to exist?, maybe but the possibility's of humans reaching a point in our existence where were able to manipulate the cosmos itself are extremely low, yet the chance that we all die is 100% and the possibly of humans going extinct before we reach that point of having a rue affect on the cosmos is more likely then humans getting to that point at all. With the way the world is, our species cannot cooperate at a large scale and our biggest threat to our existence right now is ourselves.

simpleman says2013-09-05T04:44:55.727
Apparently something must matter for the question to be raised in the first place. I believe it is unrealistic to assume nothing matters, elsewise we should all be silent. Our answers mean nothing in that instance, so why would we even have the motivation to elicit a response?
Jokobomb says2016-02-03T18:28:12.500
We would like to think that our decisions matter, wouldn't we?