• It's sad, but true.

Unfortunately, those are conventionally considered "attractive" will have an easier time in school and at work. People will not only gravitate toward them, they will be seen as having more worth. It sounds awful, and it is, but those who are considered unattractive will suffer and strive to prove themselves through their achievements - as everyone should - unlike "the beautiful ones" who will live in glory simply because of their physical beauty.

• Of course it does.

It's an unfortunate fact, but all studies indicate that people who are attractive are perceived as more intelligent, more capable of leadership qualities, and even serve less time for crime after being convicted than non-attractive people. Also, people are more likely to help attractive people in need, hire them for jobs, and just generally give them the benefit of the doubt. It is unfortunate, but appearance is arguably the most important part of making a first impression on someone, since they haven't had time to get to know you, and first impressions can make/break virtually any relationship, be it romantic, professional, or platonic. Honestly, I believe it's naive to think otherwise, because I would find it hard to believe that anyone would agree if the question was "Does being ugly make life easier?".

• Yes. But in the long run we all turn wrinkly.

I do have to admit that earlier in life being attractive makes life infinitely easier, especially if you are a girl. Just think about the hell that unattractive girls have to face in high school, because they weren't pretty enough to get asked to the school dance. On the other side of the coin, unattractive boys don't have it easy either. I personally know that it isn't fun to watch other guys cycle through 3 or 4 girlfriends while you sit there and wonder why you can't even get one. Pretty women marry men with great jobs that give them an easy life. If you're an attractive man you still have to provide. If you want the easiest life possible, then just be an attractive woman. The only problems they have is if their is carbs in their $50 that they bought with their husbands credit card. But ugly people such as myself don't fret, those attractive people will become old just like us. At least we have something in common I guess.

• People are generally shallow

A cynical view to have for sure, But an accurate one nonetheless. Many will always judge your worth based on your beauty, Even when they don't realize it. Halo effect is a very real thing, It exists. That's not to say ugly people aren't successful. They just have to work harder to grab opportunities that are often given to attractive folks. In the end, What matters is what you think of yourself. Confidence will take you very far.

• Yea it sucks

It sucks to be like that ugly person cuz literally if your pretty you get so many benefits. It's easier to date, Get a job, Get friends, Etc. I wish it didn't make a big difference because there's always gonna be people like me who are never going to get anywhere cuz they're ugly.

• Beautiful people get more positive attention, A confidence booster.

And confidence is sexy, A positive trait which most people who struggle with accepting themselves struggle with. Just because according to societal standards, Some aren't beautiful, They are ignored, Treated like they dont exist. When im with my friend who is very beautiful, Most of them whom i talk to tend to totally ignore me, Even though i keep a polite eye contact with them. The look that they give while looking at my friend s a look of awe. Even though they knew me already, And she was a stranger to them, They still make eye contact with her and speak. But when i meet those people one on one, They dont ignore me. I guess it depends on whom you are with, If its a very attractive person, They would grab all the attention.

Attention of guys, Romatic relationships, Free gifts, Treats, Greetings, Respect. . . . .
    We must appreciate all kinds of beauties. . . Infact, No one is ugly. We are all different.

• Halo effect is real.

Think of all the really beautiful people in your life, even ones that have done shitty things, or are stupid, or have personally even hurt you, you still think of them positively deep down. The ability to mate, or lack thereof, is how people are judged. You will always think better of attractive people. It's why attractive inmates get obsessed followers.

• Yes but it won't make you automatically happier

Some people are born into money, some people are born with conventional beauty. I think it's wrong to equate beauty to happiness but it does opens more doors than being ugly. There are unhappy beautiful people but I genuinely believe it's because they didn't know how to leverage their circumstances. People are automatically attracted to people who are beautiful. If you're not born with looks you have to find some other way to appeal to others like using your personality. I also think some beautiful people don't know how to handle themselves because things just happen for them. They never really had to build as much character.

• Makes life easy and a lot of things easier

Be hot and life will be easier trust me, i know this i live for while, me very good looking, i have nice life, nice everything, nice house, me very happy. If u no hot its okay life will be hard but it will be worth living. Marry someone hot.

• Yes, because this world is ruined...

Because pretty people have perfect lives. Because people forget what ACTUAL beauty is about. But that's fine, because eventually this whole world will end (due to stupid people) and it won't matter. There's no fixing it anyways. People just prefer looks and only looks. NO wonder so many people kill themselves (I used to wonder why they did it---now I know). Take a few minutes to think about what this world has become. Just think about it. There's no fixing it.

• "ugly" or "pretty" life is gonna be hard

If you're "pretty" think of the standard that you have to live up to.
    People will require more of you in terms of appearance. For exams a blue eyed blond 5'9 110lbs girl will have a lot on her plate, many will expect her to model for vogue or something or be the cheerleader leading out at a rally. They have soo much expected of them, also one would expect a guy of equal standing next to her because he is so beautiful too.

But an "ugly" girl she doesn't have to worry about all the troubles and expectations that the "pretty" girl has to go through

• Depends on the definition.

We all have different ideas of attraction, some people like muscles others like fat, some like blondes, some like brunettes, others like brown skin or like white skin or asian. The definition of attraction is too vague, what we consider attractive now will probably be ugly in the future generations.

• Heck no!

People tell me I'm attractive. When I ask them if when they first met me, They thought my life was easy, They say yes. Then when they find out my story and the things I've been through, They tell me they think I have the hardest life out of anyone they know (keep in mind I'm in high school). Just because someone is thought of to be attractive, In no way means they have an easy life. It doesn't mean they are rich, Have a perfect family, Etc. No matter how great their life looks.

• Beauty is a hard commitment to keep up in the long run

As my father said" A beautiful woman has something to lose" meaning a person is often pressured to always look good a bad hair day is rubbed into their face. They live like in a fish bowl everyone's focus on them waiting to see them fail. And then they face the question what else do they have apart from their looks? In the working environment I think they are facing a lot of stress and strain. Socially it can be difficult as well as people expect a lot of them. There is always expectation and the race against time as time makes them age and maybe even becoming sick like anyone else. However I have beautiful people as friends and I admit they still look good as they age but that is because they were able to letting go of the commitment to being beautiful and accept themselves, life and others no matter how they look and they also travelled beyond the outer beauty into the inner being, holistically. They want health, love and inner peace and give and share these gifts to/with other people in an unconditional way to the best of their ability.

• No it doesn't.

Being attractive will not get rid of problems and may cause more stress trying to meet "beauty standards". Getting a job will require talent and education. You can get education from being attractive. Being unattractive may cause problems in high school, but in the real world being smart and talented is going to get you somewhere.

• Most people think life is easier when, actually, they're the ones making sure the opposite happens because of jealousy.

Men are competitive they're always trying to humiliate me to value themselves infront of women with some other quality like money, smarts, toughness, being alpha, etc. You need to defend yourself all the time because if you just grow a thick skin and let it slide they will continue and many more will come. To get women you still have to man up, approach them, make them laugh, seduce them with a great personality, be happy, successful, a great lover, a great provider and be faithfull. If you are faithful they won't believe you. In my personal experience women have always prefered money and great personalities over looks. When rejecting you women will be meaner because they think you're accustomed to success. Women will stare but only for 5 seconds while thinking "he's married" "I'm not good enough for him" "he's gay' "he's probably a cheater" anything to reassure themselves and they will move on very quickly while the men still hate your guts and will never forgive you. Even slutty girls will be ready to fall in love and marry you, so no casual sex either. Even making friends is hard, Who would want a handsome man around their girlfriends, wives and daughters? And you still need to work hard in your profession only to higher standards. Higher standards everywhere. If you are kind they think you are weak. If you are not they think you are an assh**e. People will always try to look for something negative in me to "balance" matters. God forbid if you are good looking AND shy, kind, inteligent . They will aim for the jugular. I guess when being good looking not everything is negative IF you are a male model or an actor.

• Sometimes, it can be hard to be attractive

Hi, I live in South Korea!! I'm doing my homework for my teacher. I hope you enjoy my essay. My name is Reyna and I'm a 6th grader. Here in Korea, even if you are pretty, handsome, beautiful, and attractive, people mostly see peoples' personality, intelligence, and talent. Also, there are a lot of Korean stories that explains why. For example, there are ' the woodcutter and the fairy'. You can search for that story in the internet. Ooops!! Mom's coming!! Bye~~

• No filter in the gravitational pull

True being attractive gravitates people towards you but usually not the right people. Members of the opposite sex who show interest in you purely based of the way you look probably don't care about the person you are on the inside or want to get to know you, they just want to use you to boost their own self esteem. Certain people also hold negative views about attractive people where as they don't for less attractive for example two women could be wearing the same skirt as part of there school or work uniform. Ones slim and has nice legs where as the other is on the larger side, certain(not all) men will make assumptions like she's wearing a short skirt she must be a slut and this can led to sexual harassment for the attractive girl where as the less attractive person doesn't have to deal with that kind of unwanted attention and is treated with more respect because they didn't gravitate this kind of attention. In the worst case scenario attractive people can gravitate people who wish to harm them either out of jealousy or a sick perverted mind, you could catch the eye of some mental stalker while walking down the street minding your own business and end up being assaulted/murdered by a psychopath for no other reason than they liked the way you look, where as if they thought you were unattractive you'd of been left alone/safe.

>