Does school detention do any good in high school?

• It can be good but also bad.

I have been in detention myself and it is pointless for people like myself to even get detention, I am a great student so when someone gets into trouble where you get detention most people that like school and succeed in school will never get detention and they will see what they did wrong (hopefully) but then you have these other peers that could act the total opposite and they won't care if you give them detention, they probably hang out with there friends and just talk the whole time without a care.

• Teaching them life education

If you dont have any detention at school or some type of punishment then what will be the process of changing . If we dont at least try to punish them for there not well being then they will never change regardless of the situation. We should involve some type of counselling to try to change there mind or life too.

• It makes students to realise their mistake

It's true that detention stops the most behaving students. It make them to realise their mistake and make them to think about it. It will make much change in the behaviour of the students in school.
    I also think that teachers shouldn't excuse the children who misbehave and should strictly punish them

• It stops some bad kids

Detention stops some students that misbehaved when there was no threat of detention from messing about. If it works for some it must do some good in high school.
    I also think that dt's should be kept in place after high school because if you remove the punishment you remove the good behavior from some students.
    I think that if primary schools could give out dt then there would be less messing about in secondary school and beyond

Posted by: dcn
  • Its really helpfull

The thing is detention is showing them what the real world is like so they will be ready for when they finish school. Its not always fun but it shows that if you do something bad you can get in trouble. My teacher keeps us in at break if we are bad but only for a bit,

• Kids suck they should be in detention even if they did nothing wrong

Kids are just really really awful. I enjoy putting kids into my van then throwing them into my basement and keep them down there t'ill they starve. Jk but they really do suck and need to learn to be good by being put in a room and waiting there t'ill they learn there lesson

• It makes students to realise

It makes students to realise their mistake It's true that detention stops the most behaving students. It make them to realise their mistake and make them to think about it. It will make much change in the behaviour of the students in school.

• It makes students to realise

• No point in it

The students that are put into detention doesn't do them any good because the other kids might thinks it's cool to be bad and they are just gonna keep repeating what they did to get put in there in the first place. Teachers take children out there lunch and break for this and it's disgraceful children should be able to still get there lunch and if they want to punish them for something that they will clearly do again then they can do it after school.

• They gon just keep doin what they doin

It makes no sense. Do teachers rlly wanna spend more time w that bad kid any longa? No, obvi not. Itz not gon make them stop doin bad thangs bcuz detention is stupid. Well its tellin me i need mo wordz so i have to type mo. The end son

• They will just keep on

Students these days don't care if they get put in detention.Most of them are actually use to it because teachers now give detentions for almost everything so its not really worth the time of the teacher or the student to sit around for some small thing such as not doing their homework soo...........

• Nahhhh b h

It dumb asf its just a waste of the techers timne . .. . .... . .. . . . .. . . . .. . . . . . .. . .. . . . . .. ... .. .. . ... .. . . . ... .. .. .

• Nahhhh b h

• 'cuz its not gud m8 lol k good

G g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g g vape rape gg

• What's the point!

Not only is the detention affecting the students, but also the teachers. When a student is in detention it does them no good because most of the time they want to get out of class because it is boring. So it's better to let them get their education. And for teachers it makes it a hassle to get their make-up work together and when the student come back to class he is going to have questions about the last lesson disturbing the one being taught currently.

• It is bad

Teachers should not be able to do that poop nn nej j fj elj fvj j hjerjhb1 j bvlj13 ljlehk bl kj1belkj lk nblknblk nbkhnblkrhn khnbfklh krhf khe rfk 1krf k1hr nflkh nbrk nbelkr nblkrf nkhrfk k krkf knkwnf knwfkh 1 khrfk1kh nblkfhcat ithc jhcjrh n n nn n n n

• Having detention is pointless

By putting teens in detention for doing something wrong or not doing homework does nothing. You are just putting them in a room and telling them that what they did was bad. Putting them in a room does nothing & will not teach them right from wrong. Most kids just think ehh whatever it's just detention so whats the big deal

• Its just pointless

Kids will do it anyway, they do not care. They will listen to no one but their self you would not send your grown child to timeout, they are too big for all of that. It serves no purpose at all they will not care at all no matter what

>