• It is obvious.

Tech companies actually do research in how to make their products more addictive. Much like other addictions, It turns people away from others around them to get the rush that this tech device gives them. Tech also provides various levels of anonymity. The person on the other end has no idea who you actually are so you can pretend to be whatever your heart desires. That means, They don't actually know anything about you.
    I can't remember what company it was for but I remember a TV ad where siblings were texting each other while, Not only in the same room, But on the same couch. Look at long car trips. When I was a kid, My family use to play games like the alphabet one where the goal was to, In turn, Spot the next letter of the alphabet on a sign or licence plate. We would do sing-a-longs, Or talk about our day/week. Today, Kids just plug into their cell phone, Tablet, Or video screen that completely shuts down interaction with family. They get in the way of doing jobs, Especially with today's addicted youth. I don't know how many times I have caught younger co-workers texting, Or sneaking off to play a video game on their phone and that just causes more work for those that don't.
    Personally, What I would like to see is, What would happen in the event of an EM pulse or something that nullified tech. Could today's youth survive without them? Some kids can't do basic math without a calculator app. Their handwriting tends to look like a grade school kid. I even know some teens that can't even read an analog clock. Can kids do researcher for themselves or they dependent on search engines to do it for them. My guess is the latter of the two.

• It harms future generations

Students hate to come out of their room due to technology inside the house. With technology lending a helping hand to students, They think it is possible to achieve anything with a single 'CLICK'. They avoid reading books as internet helps them. Technology allows us to do anything inside the the house so people do not go out of the house.

• Y7yu7 uimtfy8r7t68r679o, 8i9

6r7, R5km567, 76 kj h jvhh bh gh ou gg g g hh j g guyh y hy h i hy g9 gy g tg 87 y 87 g y y 8y y 8y 8 y 96 y y y y yuyg uy yg u9y uy uy yyu y y6 y

• I truly hate hearing that

Lets go to ol'fashion technology yeah? The Railroads. That is where the first "technology isolates us" rumor came from. Before railroads we had carriages which forced people to talk to each other and socialize due to the amount of time it took to get from point A to B. Railroads made it so much faster to get from A to B which inturn lead less reason to socialize in the carriages. But have people forgotten that when at B they were able to socialize quicker than when they used to. They were able to meet up faster with family. They give them the chance to move around so much more efficiently.
    Lets take that to current days. I see where your coming from, You are visualizing a geek kid in a room not touching the outside world. That is a media portrayed generalization. Look outside, The fast af trains, The cars, Public transport. . . . . All contribute to the travelling that provides more opportunity to socialize.
    Ok, Isolation do you mean physically or socially isolated? Sure companies make the tech more addictive but don't food companies do the same thing? I'm pretty sure that's called marketing. So food isolates individuals too?
    I'm not here to mock or anything but think about this. The item that majority of the population has is the smartphone, The most downloaded apps are infact social apps such as facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Viber and messsenger. Now these apps allow people to contact each other from insanely large distances. Is that isolation? Is me(who lives in australia) being able to call my bestie(in lanka) isolation? The way I see it, Technology hasn't made us isolated. It hasn't restricted us from others and does the opposite, Provides us the ability to contact others. Sure it has made humanity lazy, But it hasn't isolated us.

• Isolate who from what.

Technology doesn't isolate. We allow ourselves to be isolated. The real question is are we actually in control of technological progress or is technological progress inevitable and will humans eventually become redundant as an evolutionary tool. Maybe the purpose of life was not quite what we thought it was.
    Where ever you go you see people tightly gripping their devices and staring fixedly at the oh so important and unmissable next snippet of information. People are just as happy to isolate themselves when they are out in public or even with a group of friends. It would appear to be the natural order of things and is probably irreversible.

>