• The very explicitly endorses slavery.

Exodus 21: Now these are the rules that you shall set before them. 2 When you buy a Hebrew slave, He shall serve six years, And in the seventh he shall go out free, For nothing.

4: If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, The wife and her children shall be her master's, And he shall go out alone.

5: But if the slave plainly says, ‘I love my master, My wife, And my children; I will not go out free, ’ 6 then his master shall bring him to God, And he shall bring him to the door or the doorpost. And his master shall bore his ear through with an awl, And he shall be his slave forever.

7 “When a man sells his daughter as a slave"

Leviticus goes on to explain the rules of buying by and selling foreigners as property, And the right of inheritance to family that property is transferred to.

There's more verses but even one is enough to demonstrate.

We can play word games and call them other terms "bondsmen"
    "servants"
    "happy fun time friends"

but it doesn't change the fact they were owned, As property, And treated as such. The bible lays out the rules for how to own and control this property, And in doing so advocates this behavior. Jesus stated "slaves obey your earthly masters" which stunts the "but that was old testament" argument that, Although has no bearing on this question, Will inevitably be brought up.

The bible, Without question, Explicitly describes the logistics of owning people as property. That's slavery no matter how you dress it up.

• You really can't disprove what's literally written in the Bible.

Translation of words from a long time ago does on occasion create misinterpretations. There are obviously going to be some people who weren't entirely honest as they contributed to the Bible. However, There ARE multiple verses that support slavery- and I'm sure at least a few reflect the view of people living in those times.
    Also, Two things: The modern-day God might have disliked slavery but the Bible promotes slavery, So what are you on about
    Also, Who are you to assume what God would think? Do you know what He was thinking when he saw slavery? Wouldn't He have intervened? People believing that they understand God contributed to the Bible, And it's almost certain that a few of these people wrote from their heart, Without lying.

• Why The Bible does

Here’s some an Old Testament verse. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT) ‘However, You may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, Including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, Passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, But the people of Israel, Your relatives must never be treated this way”

And here’s a New Testament verse. Slaves, Obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ (Ephesians 6:5 NLT )

• The "yes" crowd only say so because the modern perversions of the bible (NIV, ESV, NASB etc) use the word slavery.

The King James version never uses the word slave in the way that we think of slavery. Rev 18:13 and Jeremiah 2:14 are the only two times that the word slave is used in the KJV and it is clearly not talking about God condoning it whatsoever. In fact the KJV uses the word servant for these verses that are said to condone slavery. For example I am a servant to my boss at work. All the verses that are supposedly supporting "slavery" can be looked at as servitude. There were instances where people in the bible were required to pay off debt by working it off through serving the person that they owed/stole from. For Hebrew servants they were required to be freed by their masters after 7 years. Of course the bible does not condone slavery. It is clearly talking about servitude: either willingly or because they owed money. Read these verses in the KJV in context and it will become very clear and evident.

• Slavery in Bible-times was much different than African slavery

INDENTURED SLAVERY

For instance, There was a lot of indentured slavery in those days. Indentured slavery was basically an alternative to homelessness; it was a way of providing for your family when you ran out of the means to afford your own room and board. These slaves had to be released in the Year of Jubilee, Unless the slaves themselves chose otherwise. (Leviticus 25:39-43; just google it)

• I am more free as a Christian than I was before.

The same unbelievers who praise the Quran attack the Bible. It is hypocrisy. Maybe Christians SHOULD be a violent bloviating mob like Muslims and people would back off. Why don't you attack Muhammad who raped a 9 year old girl? Phucking hypocrites. KMA. I am tired of the endless abuse heaped on Christians.

• No of course not

I mean if God was real then he would have wanted everyone to be equal. The bible quote that you're using maybe didn't get translated properly or something like that. You have to be willing to consider human error when it comes to fake literature like the bible. There is no God, Let's be real now.

• Of course not

God would never endorse such a thing as slavery. If you read the book of Exodus, God sent the Israelites, Who were forced into slavery because of their stupid decisions by the Egyptians and not by God, Moses to free them and take them to the Promised Land. God loves us and wants the very best for each and every one of us, And by enslaving people, He would go against his own teachings.