Does the Catholic church need to change their approach to sexual abuse, especially of minors, by priests?

Asked by: BertrandsTeapot
  • There is too much abuse in the church

It seems that abuse of minors, by priests, is somewhat overlooked and swept under the rug by the Catholic church. People can be excommunicated for having abortions, repudiating the religion, and so on. Yet, it doesn't seem many priests are suffering the repercussions of, what I think are objectively impermissible acts.

Curious to know everyone's thoughts!

• I’m sick of this discrimination we need to accept priests for themselves and their urges!

Even father John gets aroused sometimes- when he touches me it doesn’t hurt anymore, And he tells me my souls been cleansed, I know I’m getting into heaven. He’s close to my heart and I trust him and god with my body. Stop the hate and discrimination, Freedom for father John