• People will judge you on what you wear.

Maybe they shouldn't but they do. What you wear gives someone an impression of you. It's like if you're walking down the street and you are dressed inappropriately then someone who does not talk to you might judge you on just what you're wearing and that is why it's important to make a good first impression through simply what you wear. SO yes I think it does matter matter what you wear.

• It matters alot!

What to wear in society's eyes is a huge deal. Clothes help us express our personality and what we are like other than just talking about it. We need to show our individualism from each other. All of the people in the world need to state that they are different from one another and show that we are not basic, the way we do that most is through what we wear.

• Yes, sometimes it matters

What you wear sometimes is important to other people to judge and estimate you. For different situation you can wear different style of cloths, for example you can wear normal clothes like hoody and sport pants for a trip; on the other hand, for a more serious situation, formal clothes will always give your partner a good impression.

Also find out what is the best style for you for a bit of unexpected temperament and charm.

• No matter how many times people are told not to judge a book by it's cover, it happens.

People in modern society don't really care about what's underneath. If you are not waring the most stylish clothes or shoes, people will label you as "behind," or "weird." I agree that it's not the outside that matters, but to be socially acceptable, you have to change your whole entire demeanor. What you wear does matter.

• Unfortunately, it does matter. No matter who you are, people will judge you.

Your clothes help these people label YOU in their minds. You can be superman, but no one's going to know you're superman until you wear that suit. It's just how it works.

Our appearance is like a substance taken into the body; it influences our thoughts and behavior. If you wear something that is considered uncivilized relative to your society, the people who think themselves "civilized" will judge you. Giving that impression, someone will take a mental note of that instance of appearance and have a reason to exclude you from the "civilized" group.

Until the other group gets to know you or feels comfortable letting someone who wears something different represent that group, wearing the "wrong" things can have some negative psychological effects on people.

I'm not saying that you cannot ever be happy with what you're wearing, you just have to be careful of what you wear at certain times at certain places.

• It matters a lot!

I believe it really matters hugely. What you wear might leave the very first impression on strangers. Have you not been treated differently when you're in your suits rather than your sloppy old clothes with a couple of coffee stains on them? Even if you're an outstanding person, you're sending out the wrong signals. People will just pick the wrong ones you've sent..If you dress up properly, people may treat you more seriously. For why would they treat someone in his old ,sloppy clothes nicely if they don't even know what kind of person he is? Don't rely on people knowing you by your talent or personality, it takes far too much time and no everyone cares about it..

• First Impression means everything!

When you first meet someone on a professional level the way you dress, talk and look means everything. I agree your skills and achievement define you at the end of the day but when you meet someone it is the beginning of the day and if you are not dressed according to norm for a profession you will leave impression your sloppy and do not have respect for yourself and your profession.

• . . ..

People people people people people people people people people People people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people People people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people people People people people people people people people people people eople people people people people people people people people People people people people people people people people people

• External and internal value

It matters in the sense that it will make a difference with first impressions in career/networking opportunities. But it should not matter in determining one's internal value. For example, one's internal confidence should not depend on the kind of physical material one is wearing - that would make one's self internal value very fragile

• It does matter but not in the way you think

Its like the concept of earning large amounts of money compared to earning enough to live, sure extra things are cool and some may like them but the jump in quality of your life from being poor and homeless to living in a place with a roof above your head and enough to eat is a bigger jump, and mentally positively changing than going from a roof above your head to a bigger roof above your head with better quality foods.
    The way I see it is like a threshold with accompanying diminishing returns at certain levels, as long as you don't dress complete trash (unwashed terrible fitting uncoordinated unmatched bad smelling) then your pretty much fine, you can wear blue jeans and a black t shirt and black trainers and you can look good, its such a simple outfit but it just works and goes together and works in most situations, just be aware sometimes you have to wear a suit such as weddings and fancy dinner dates if that's your thing.
    If you wore that same simple outfit but with the wrong colours it also looks bad for example green t shirt blue jeans and red trainers, it just looks unput together
    for me I normally keep it pretty simple, most of the time its on of these outfits
    black trainers black jeans white t shirt dark green checked shirt grey hoodie and a maroon coloured beanie
    black trainers black jeans blood red and black checked shirt black pullover hoodie and a black/grey beanie
    and sometimes ill put a denim jacket on top
    personally I feel happy with these two outfits and wear them most of the time, they are coordinated comfortable and I feel like they fit my personality and style right.
    Its more important to dress not trash than it is to be overtly into fashion standards which always change

• It does not

No one's decision is more important in one's life than ours. People who think they are being judged, They may have been, But judgments always have short lives and what you what is what really matters. It does not been that you wear a wedding dress in a memorial, But it is about personal choices!

• Who cares what other people think:

It's our choice, Why do people complain about what other people wear so what it's their life and if they feel comfortable what does it matter, Yes usually you would go to a meeting and wear something smart but it's still your choice on what you wear so wear what makes you feel comfortable don't let anyone tell you any different, It's your life live it as you not someone else.

• I don't think so.

It is not important to me because I don't care about it. I don't judge people by the way they dress. However, I judge people based on how they act, What they do, And how they treat other people in their surroundings. I think people who judge others based on a piece of rag are shallow.

• We are number one

There is no reason why I can't where whatever want you should dress how you want to there is nothing stopping you so wear something crazy like pink and green I like to wear a lot of black shorts and my mom always complains and I get so mad but I feel like no one can judge you be yourself like if you like pineapple pizza then you like to call someone ugly cause of there clothes that's stupid

• It Doesn't Matter whatsoever!

Wearing your own choice of clothes expresses you and yourself only. If other people don't like you for what you wear, you don't have to care! Let them say what they are saying and you keep going as you are. Just Be yourself and YOU Express yourself and GO CRAZY

• You are you.

You are you and no one can change that.Sure they can say you suck or you look bad they are just jealous because your are better than them.So be a bird and spread your wings.Dont let the haters bring you down be a maverick and carve your own path in life it doesn't matter what you wear or how you look like you are you and that's how you are you.

• In the Job hunt it does, though it shouldn't

Like it or not, (all honesty even I don't) but we live in a judgmental day and age. So unfortunately you won't be give a chance by many people, (whether or not you have skills in an area of interest) if you don't look the part, (AKA look like everyone else or as close to identical as everyone else). Am I saying it fair, of course not. Actions speak louder then words, and words speak louder then cloths, but unfortunately A huge majority of people can't see that as fact. So until A majority of us can be on the same page, (on this book of life) the answer will be yes, (though with all being said you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover).

• Only if you're shallow.

If you're shallow, judgemental or lack self-esteem, then yes, it does matter. But you're more likely to find good people whom you enjoy spending time with by socializing and being a good person. And now I am just going to go on and on just to fill out more words because apparently fifty words are needed.

• It only matters if you're shallow.

If you're shallow, judgemental or lack self-esteem, then yes, it does matter. You'll more likely find good people whom you enjoy spending time with by socializing and being a good person. And now I am just going to go on and on just to fill out more words because apparently fifty words are needed.

• Your shallow thought are NOT my problem

I will never conform because "unfortunately people will judge". No. I know my heart. I know how I treat people. I know that I am loving, giving and compassionate. If I want to wear itty bitty shorts you can bet that I will. My clothing doesn't define me. I am comfortable it what I choose to wear. Get to know people. The only thing that defines you is how you treat people. So hike up your shorts, show some cleavage, or don't. Wear Luis Vuitton, wear hand-me-down. No material thing will ever define you and those who judge you for clothing are in my opinion shallow and judgmental. Get to know someone. Times are changing. Lets all love and appreciate eachother !