• EDM is way better

Both genres need skills and talent to produce music. Both are great but i prefer EDM than rock. DJs are more talented than guitarists, drummers, bassists. EDM is way cooler than Rock. I would rather listen to DJs than Rock bands. Avicii, Martin Garrix, The Chainsmokers, Steve Aoki, and Skrillex are my favorite DJs and my favorite Rock bands are MCR, Green Day, Simple Plan, Panic! At The Disco.

• EDM is way better

• EDM is better

Men on computers are far better than men on electric guitars. EDM is better because it is danceable and more enjoyable than Rock. There are many Rock bands that are good but I would prefer to listen to DJ's than Rock bands. EDM all the way!!! EDM deserves to be loved

• EDM is better

• EDM is just better

The main reason I say this is because firstly EDM is so diverse. A lot of people don't actually know what EDM is but pretty much any music that is produced electronically by the same person who wrote the song is EDM. As a result, Not matter what vibe I'm looking for there is something that EDM can offer me that other genres of music just can't. For example, If I want to relax and chill I'll chuck on some Ambient music or some Future Garage; if I want to rave I'll chuck on some Psytrance, Hardstyle or Hardcore; if I want to listen to something experimental I'll listen to some Speedcore or IDM; if I wanna vibe and groove to something I'll chuck on some Techno, Tech House or Jackin' House; if I want to be nostalgic and remember the good old days I'll chuck on some Big room or Progressive House; if I want to contemplate or just have something as background music I'll chuck on some Liquid Drum and Bass or some Hardwave; if I want to head-bang I'll chuck on some Brostep, Riddim or Deathstep. No matter what mood or vibe I'm looking for EDM has it and that's why it's better, Not because it takes more skill to make or listen to, But because it just doesn't get boring, It's constantly changing, New genres are constantly being made. And not only that but it's super easy to get into producing so if I'm feeling creative and want to vent some of my creativity, I can just hop into Ableton and make some EDM. EDM is just great overall and imo I'll never get tired of it. <3

• EDM is the Future.

The problem with rock today is that it's a dying genre. Most mainstream artists are bands that have been around for twenty or more years. Even the newish rock bands are going digital and producing semi-electronic music. People want to dance to music at concerts. That's not something rock really provides anymore, Especially if you are under the age of thirty. DJs are also just as talented as guitarists. I've played lead guitar on stage before but I could not do the multitasking complexity of being a live DJ. Mixing all those sounds and beats is basically like conducting an orchestra. To me, That takes just as much skill and talent to pull off than going widdly widdly wah on guitar. I still enjoy rock music but EDM is definitely the way of the future.

• Edm is better

Edm has more variety. Edm gives you energy and makes you want to dance. Edm takes you to another world and makes you think and feel on a new sub level of consciousness.

Rock is good too but rock only gives me adrenaline. It doesnt do much else for me. Edm gives me adrenaline and so much more.

I still have respect for rock music though. Takes me back to my emo days in high school.

• EDM evolves quality

EDM can outcome its/new trend either the flavour of genre or how hit of a song with originality or diverse combinations, Giving listeners a thrill of experiences to a song wether its the original or remix. EDM also encourages music production for nowadays generation, Embracing producers experimenting and making new sounds/songs

• Electronic music is EPIC, YOU SHOULD TRY IT

“Oooooooh, Some things that I can’t refuseeee. She wanna ride me like a cruiseeee. And I’m not trying to loooooose. ” (Sunflower: Lines 17-18 by Post Malone and Swae Lee) Songs these days of 2018 and 2019 (should fit to raps and other pop songs) can be very exasperating! Push away that same monotonous annoyance and listen to electronic music, A lost and underrated genre of music. To start, Electronic music isn’t just synthesizer sounds that don’t connect to hands-on instruments. If you find specific songs (ex: Sonic Blaster by F777 https://soundcloud. Com/f-777/sonic-blaster) there is other parts rather than synthesizer or electric sounds. The example shown above contains a piano solo and (if you listen closely in the intro) drum cymbals. Next, You still get the dancing in electronic music just like you do in pop songs. It’s not like the genre doesn’t have any people singing and there’s just ‘Wow, That’s epic! ’ synthesizers (and that’s the case for ⅞ of these types of songs), Therefore you can’t dance. Since electronic music is generally fast-paced and substitutes voices with synthesizers, You can still show off your moves (try to stay on the tempo for a challenge! ). Finally, Electronic music is not just heavy, Rocky music that pierces you with terrible headaches and a high case of tinnitus (ringing in the ears). On almost every track of electronic music, The music stays at your volume that you use for other songs that you listen to, And is ninety eight percent guarantee that you won’t get tinnitus (that is, Except for users that listen to music at high volume). Yes, I have listened to these famed but overrated songs of today all the time on the radio and on social media. “Yeaaaah, Gonna take my horse to the old town road, I’m gonna <Kio, Kio> riiiide till I can’t no more…” (Old Town Road: Lines 1-2 by Lil Nas X and Billy Ray Cyrus). Don’t get caught up in the hype! Just listen to electronic music and ignore those annoying, Boring songs of 2018 and 2019!

• From someone who spent years in Rock bands. . . EDM is better

Rock music is very limited and one dimensional. It’s mostly predictable and the instrumentation and sound textures do not vary that much if at all. EDM on the other hand can draw from an almost unlimited sound palette and has less rules and formulas that limit song structure. I still enjoy traditional guitar/vocal/drum music at times and even write and perform it with a passion. That said my go-to genre is instrumental EDM for listening and producing. It just has much more depth and is more enjoyable to experience and to produce. If Mozart or the Beatles had Ableton you know damn well they would be using it. I’m a minority in my age group but I’m a futurist and have little to no interest in the regurgitated music of the past. That said this is just my opinion and these are my feelings on the topic. Obviously art is subjective.

• Metal and Rock, Period

I don't hate EDM that much. But come on, Who made the audience fired up for the first time? OFC Rock and Metal did it first. When people shaking their head and body at EDM LP, Metal and Rock music already did it. For example, Headbang and moshing. They also have a deeper meaning of lyrics. Most of rock and metal music are contemplative at best. That because the lyrics was written with heart and soul. Nowadays, Most musics are created by computer and software. They were lacking of souls and sounds unaturally same. I didnt say EDM was bad once again, Both rock and metal music are well diversed. And not to be mentioned, Most of metalheads are brilliant peoples. A few of my friends are brilliant and religious (hell yeah, I said it because most metalheads i met a religious yet open minded). I couldnt say much about EDM connosieur though. They are chill people but hedonistic af.

• Anyone can make EDM music

The problem is that you actually need to know what the f**k you're doing in rock. All you need in EDM today is just a cellphone. It is super expensive and takes a lot of time to just start a band. The fact that rock is becoming less relevant is not only sad but makes it a lot harder to become successful. Rock music of all types is being overtaken by talentless rappers and EDM artists. Actually, The fact that rock has so many different types of styles means that there will be something that you will find that you would like. Personally I like Emo rock, Heavy Metal, Nu Metal, Hardcore Metal/rock, Death Metal, And Metalcore. I like a lot of bands because every band has a different type of style. Also the big reason on why rock is better is that the songs have meanings. Whether it be sad, Or make you angry. EDM just doesn't have any of that. Also the concerts are an experience that everyone should have. Shit Slipknot's drummer has to be strapped into a seat because he is put on a turn table that go's up to a 90 degree angle. Look it up, It's true. You'd never see anything like that at an EDM concert. Now don't think I'm saying EDM is bad, I used to like it, But it was just a phase. I have always liked rock. I grew up listening to it. This is why rock is better than EDM.

• EDM is a hit or miss alot of the time

EDM lots of it sounds a lot of the same and normally comes off as generic. When I listen to EDM yes some of it is good but that's about 20 out of 100 songs. Too much of it sounds the same. Rock yes some sound same but it's always something catchy, Something fresh. Not to mention the sub-genres in rock create for way more diversity. EDM was best when Trance was around. Now it's generic copy and paste music and same drops of trying to go "hardcore". You can never go more hardcore than even the most basic Rock music. EDM also copies alot of rock stuff and makes it worse. EDM takes, Rock makes.

• I'm here to shit on talentless DJ's, And yes you are talentless, And not even self aware enough to realize it.

Look, I've been playing professionally for 5 years and playing my instrument for 24. DJ's have a very one dimensional sound that results from sampling. The only people supporting that are idiots that know nothing about music. As a DJ everything falls into place on the grid, You don't have to worry about timekeeping, Intonation, Chops, Rudiments, Or any of the slight variations in touch that make instrumental musicians sound different from one another. The only reason DJ's got big is because it took the gatekeeper away and now literally anyone can sit there and create easy music that lacks any tonal variance, And gets the stupid wook crowd riled up. EDM can be good in some doses, But lets not pretend it's anything but garbage party music.

• I Just don't think Edm is better

No offense! But I'll say honestly. I just can't feel edm as a music or art. Music is what gives us all kinds of emotions. Well I don't see any emotion in edm. It only makes us hype like drugs. No wonder drugs are trash! I think who likes digitally processed music don't have a taste of music and art. I intend to all the ones who thinks edm is the only kind of music on earth and who think it's music.

• Rock and Heavy metal are better!

EDM is mostly sampling, Backing tracks, And synthesized instruments.
    Some rock and metal songs require a MASSIVE amount of technical skill, While EDM requires a computer. A freaking computer. I like 90's bands such as Nirvana, Strapping Young Lad, NOFX, AC/DC, And Metallica. I know that pop music is going to tear down rock and metal. So BACK OFF EDM!

• Rock is better

It actually takes some chemistry to be in a band, 3, 4, 5, Or maybe more are working together to create music where electronic music is just one DJ. Shredding a guitar or pounding the double bass drums are more physical work than a DJ would ever have to do in their music.

• No rock is way better

Lets mention Queen the number one band I mean tell me i'm wrong. You need talent to play instruments EDM is just computers rock artists actually took time out of their life to learn an instrument, And how to sing. Not making remixes of others songs. I am mad people think than EDM creators have talent they don, T

• Rock is extremely diverse and there is something for everybody

Rock has been around since the 1940s, And has put out thousands of completely different sounding songs. From the Beatles to cannibal corpse there are so many bands that you can’t hate them all. Not to mention that rock really added a theatrical element to music, Where a frontman like Alice cooper plays a character and interacts with the audience to really get them going. I will say that I understand that not every kind of music is for everyone, For example I don’t like hip-hop. But I believe that rock is too diverse a genre for it to be written off all together.

• Fucking retarded music

EDM is for fucking retards and even a fucking downie can be a DJ. I doubt anyone that is a DJ isn't retarded. But the people that like it are even bigger retards. Rock is for the elite and not for retarded EDM listeners. OP is a retard for making this post. And there's 50 words.