Globalisation does more harm than good to the environment.

Asked by: Diqiucun_Cunmin
  • The rise of the transnational corporation is to blame.

Transnational corporations have introduced consumerism to all parts of the world, leading to serious overconsumption, often through dumping. They have promoted a culture of consuming disposables, and disposing even of durable goods. They have taken advantage of loose pollution laws in less developed countries (look up 'pollution haven hypothesis') and turned numerous locations around the world into rubbish dumps. More developed countries have also been known to dispose of rubbish, particularly poisonous e-waste, in Africa and in cities like the notorious Guiyu in Guangdong, China. Sure, international corporation can speed up the development of environmental technology and foster international corporation to reduce pollution and GHG emissions, but we all know how effective that is - just look at the Copenhagen Accord.

• Globalisation hurst the Environment

Transnational corporations have introduced consumerism to all parts of the world, Leading to serious overconsumption, Often through dumping. They have promoted a culture of consuming disposables, And disposing even of durable goods. They have taken advantage of loose pollution laws in less developed countries (look up 'pollution haven hypothesis') and turned numerous locations around the world into rubbish dumps. More developed countries have also been known to dispose of rubbish, Particularly poisonous e-waste, In Africa and in cities like the notorious Guiyu in Guangdong, China. Sure, International corporation can speed up the development of environmental technology and foster international corporation to reduce pollution and GHG emissions, But we all know how effective that is - just look at the Copenhagen Accord.

• Globalisation hurst the Environment

Activists have pointed out that globalization has led to an increase in the consumption of products, which has impacted the ecological cycle. Increased consumption leads to an increase in the production of goods, which in turn puts stress on the environment.
    Globalization causes rise in pollution level-The amount of fuel that is consumed in transporting these products has led to an increase in the pollution levels in the environment. It has also led to several other environmental concerns such as noise pollution and landscape intrusion. Transportation has also put a strain on the non-renewable sources of energy, such as gasoline.

• Globalisation hurts the environment!

• GLOBILIZATiON IS NOT GOOD

In my opinion globalization is bad. One reason why is it affects the whole nation!!!!! I know I know even though without globalization we're not able to trade. Why !??? Because trading is the reason of globalization. Without trade we won't be able to sell a lot of things we don't have. We wouldn't be able to wear some clothes we're wearing today!!!!!

• Globalization, The Terror To Many Nations

Many countries have experienced globalization from other countries. For example, when Christopher Columbus went to America and found the Native Americans, he forced them into slavery and hurt them. He was a stranger to these people and he treated them like trash. What happened here, can happen again if we think globalization is good. So in conclusion globalization is BAD!

• Standardization is good.

Globalization is good. It allows better communications, standardized parts and currencies, and allows rich people to become even richer by allowing them to expand across the globe.
    Detractors cheerfully ignore the fact that globalization allows them to have that imported from wherever whatever that they're used to.
    Also, consumerism is good for business, and business generates tax revenue. When was the last time you had a, say, Starbucks coffee? Globalization made the cheap importation of the beans possible, as they cut out the middleman between the bean sellers and their supplies.
    Or how about the electronic device that you're perusing this on? Without a globalized Microsoft, IBM, Apple, or [namedrop of some consumer electronics manufacturer], you would have paid a higher price for the same equipment.

• GLOBILIZATiON IS NOT GOOD

In my opinion globalization is bad. One reason why is it affects the whole nation! I know I know even though without globalization we're not able to trade. Why! ? Because trading is the reason of globalization. Without trade we won't be able to sell a lot of things we don't have. We wouldn't be able to wear some clothes we're wearing today!

• GLOBILIZATiON IS NOT GOOD

• Globalization is good

I think that globalization is good . Becuase we were created in this world and started sharing . Sharing is what we were meant to do. Wiihout helping each other we can never make peace in the world. It is in our human nature. I strongly believe we need to become more and more globalized

• GLOBILIZATiON IS NOT GOOD