I'd rather have a lot of short breaks during the school year than one long summer break. What do you think? Agree or disagree?

Asked by: lenarico
  • More breaks during the year!

Changing our school calendar to reflect more short breaks throughout the school year instead of one long break during the summer would improve many areas in K-12 school life. Teacher and student burn-out would decrease, Allow time for achievement gap closure, Reduce summer slide, Improve building culture and climate regularly.

• Have more long breaks during the summer

I prefer long summer breaks because time provides important opportunities for family time, Travel, And summer jobs that help teens earn money and build résumés. Although with short breaks kids don't get as bored for the long break in the summer, And it's good to have a couple of breaks in the middle of the year.

• I am not sure

I prefer long summer breaks because time provides important opportunities for family time, travel, and summer jobs that help teens earn money and build résumés. Although with short breaks kids don't get as bored for the long break in the summer, and it's good to have a couple of breaks in the middle of the year.