If prisoners get free lunch, don't you think students should receive free lunch?

• They just do

Prisoners are typically adults, Who had jobs(or the chance to have jobs) and ended up making horrible life decisions to land themselves in prison.
    Students start going to school at young ages, Are unable to get a job until 15 in most states and are unable to go over a certain amount of hours.
    The excuse that prisoners cannot work to pay for their food is invalid, As most students cannot either. You cannot say that parents can afford to pay for students because they have jobs because there are bills, Some families may have the means to afford the extra money; but others not likely.
    As well if this argument were to be used, Same could be said for prisoners, People can buy them snack packages drinks underwear you name it, While they’re locked up.
    So why do they get the free meals, But not the students?

• Hell yeah they should!

Those people locked up. Threw their shitty lives away when they decided to commit the crime that sent them there. They don't deserve the "free food". We're the ones paying for it. I would rather have my tax money go towards the kids. They're the ones that are gonna be here after we have died. They're going to inherit this country. They deserve the best that we can do for them and if providing free lunch for them will do that. Then I'm all for it. The best those low lifes in prison deserve is bread and water. There are many parents who adore and love their kids dearly but struggle to provide for them. I've seen others who say "well they should give their kids up to the state then". How can they say that. I understand that some people do it because they really don't want to be parents or really can't provide for them. However in a country that constantly doesn't want you to have abortions. If they mother (and father) are forced to keep the child then this country should be more than willing to help. Our tax money needs to go to the future of our country. They already have to inherit it after we've spent this country into trillions of dollars in debt.

• Its so good food makes a big boy or girl

If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch? If prisoners get free lunch, Don't you think students should receive free lunch?

• Kids should get free school lunch

I believe that kids in school should get free meals. I work in a school cafeteria. These kids are our future, Not the felons receiving all the free food given to them government. Felons should get bread and water for three meals a day. Why should we be feeding them and giving them a nice place to sleep? If we make jails/prison a place that is dreaded to be maybe the crime rate will drop! Give our kids free food at school and the jails/prison bread and water! Let them starve. Our kids shouldn’t be getting the tax/government funding not people who kill/rape/steal.

• I think children should get free school meals.

The reason for this is because some children's parents don't work and parents also have to pay for there school uniform as well as there food? I don't think this is fair. Some children's parents don't get paid enough to afford there food in school as well because they also have to pay for everyday items like; toiletry's, food for the house, clothes, etc. I think children shouldn't have to pay for there food. Prisoners don't so why do kids have to? You may think that children and prisoners are different, which there are, but they people who are in prison might of had a job and a family so the people who they live or lived with should hand in some money to the prison and then that will pay for there food. You may argue with my opinion but I think that children should get free school meals no matter if there parents work or not.

• Yes, we should!

Prisoners are provided for, in most US prisons, with free healthcare, dental care, education, gym memberships, clothing, laundry service, and food. Some prisons provide hormones and whatever else is required for someone to undergo a sex change, including the operation itself, and all of this is tax payer money.

Student lunches are actually worse than fast food. McDonald’s and Burger King test their ground beef 5-10 times better than USDA tests on the beef sent to schools.

Why do we treat criminals who have broken the law better and provide for them more than students?

Why is the lunch program in my local high school so underfunded that three crappy "chicken nuggets" and a small cup of yogurt are considered a full entree?

• Yes they should

Of course they should we weren't the ones who did the crime, why should I pay for my kid's lunch when there are bad people getting them for free? I'm good, pay my taxes, I think the least they can do is give my kid free lunch as we'll and not the crappy kind!

• Of course they should be getting free lunch, or at least not have the food thrown in the trash if they cant afford it!

I know some schools have programs in which the parents give out their income and then the school decides whether or not the student gets free lunch. Thats not enough though. They should lower the stakes so that more and more families can be enrolled in the free lunch program. The school i went in to was crap. They had that program but you should practically earn no money at all to get the free lunch, and they didnt even inform the students about it.

• Lunch should most certainly be free for students.

Students should receive free lunches on account that prison lunches are healthier, have more food, and can make a grown man or woman feel full, whereas a high school lunch leaves students hungry after eating, is usually low quality, and at some schools, the milk is spoiled, there is mold in the fruit cups, the food is undercooked, and whatnot. Speaking from personal experience, getting food poisoning from school is NOT a very fun experience, and I know multiple people aside from myself whom the school food has struck said people ill. So, with that being said, yes students should get free food, or cheaper at the least. If we have to pay $3 and $4 for food that gets us sick, it's a little ridiculous, don't you think?

• Make inmates pay for their food and kids get free lunch. ..

It's a simple answer. I think the children are more important than the inmates. Children are our pride in school they should have the path paved for them not incarcerated criminals. Why has if been allowed to go on for so long. I can't belive this has been allowed to go on for so long

• There is free food programs already for schools.

Apparently you don't Google very well. President Truman started a free lunch program 1946. It is based off of income level of course. The social welfare barrel is not bottomless. Go here for more info: https://www.fns.usda.gov/nslp/national-school-lunch-program-nslp

It is easy to find this information online. Please educate yourself. It will not take that long.

• Prisoners don't get free lunch and neither should students.

Prisoners get fed, but they usually have to work while in prison. Also, their food is low quality. Students would not want to receive free lunch because it is insulting. No one wants a handout. Rather, efforts should be made to improve the economy and fight poverty so that kids would not need a handout in the first place.

guesswhoiam says2014-10-21T05:33:42.607
Students SHOULD have a free lunch