If you could live forever,do you believe you would continue to have the same personality and beliefs?

• I'm already a dry sarcastic prick.

The only thing living forever would do for me is make me even more bored and sarcasic. Knowing I'm immortal, I'd just do whatever I want and just lose any ability to care I have left, So not much would really change to be honest. F f f f f

• You would change unavoidably

Either you would willingly adapt, To continue to relate to the changing world around you, Or else you would sour, Becoming more bitter as things change.

Cultural values and norms have evolved over time, And someone who lives forever would experience some stress over this. Suppose you lived through some tragedy or civil rights issue, To find that, One day, You have outlived everyone else who could relate. This would force you to constantly adapt to society as it constantly evolves around you--finding new ways to relate, Updating your values and opinions to be relevant to current issues, And integrating new experiences with steadily aging ones.

While one could try to stubbornly retain a worldview indefinitely, The discrepancy between you and the society you find yourself in would constantly worsen, And eventually necessitate change in some form. I suppose one could try to insulate oneself from society as a hermit. The limits of such insulation is that it only slows your exposure to the change happening elsewhere. Besides, To go from a naturally developing worldview to a stagnant one requires one to constantly reframe their worldview to remain consistent in its evolving context, This itself being a form of change.

(1) https://en. Wikipedia. Org/wiki/Sociocultural_evolution

• We would all be dead, The world would probably not take all the weight of all the immortal people on it.

Dew dew d we fd fe f rt rt h j yr j u h g r g h tyj r ht g grw h j r hgwr h th ty e h wg h ty j et g h t e t tg h t y e gtr h

• Xcdvdffht rgrh hry j

Ty tr jty k tjfg vv v vv vvv vv v vvvv vv no dv dfn dfrg df b k d s f s f s ds d d s df flf k m kf d kdm n fvn kdf kvd mv fm l m v f s a d c

• People change over time and tend to build their views around what they understand.

Living forever you are always learning more about the world around you. Weather you want to or not you are always changing and your beliefs are changing with you. They are not necessarily changing in to different sets of beliefs but growing with you. Yes, Your beliefs could over time change in to something totally different and you as a person could change so that who you are right now is a distant memory. Chances are you will change who you are but still have the core of your personality stay the same.

• It might not be a conscious choice

Some would consciously choose to alter their lives, perhaps become nicer, more wholesome, even God-fearing. However, even for those who attempt to stay the same, this is the sort of information that can't help but change a person. Virtually everything we learn, by way of the butterfly effect or otherwise, changes our mental and psychological composition. This would be one of the most significant pieces of information one could learn. It's difficult to imagine it not resulting in a significant change, especially over the infinite life span of an immortal being.

• From a scientific standpoint

Everything evolves and eventually changes course. No one remains the same in a typical human life span. The knowledge we have now is ever changing and if we became immortal we would only eventually come to discover that there are inevitably some things we were never right about. I guess it would also inevitably rely on the person in question to accept the idea of something they had grown to accept to be true, be nothing of what they had thought to be.