If you found out you were living in a simulation, would you attempt to break out to your base reality? Classic blue pill-red pill.

Asked by: BertrandsTeapot
  • I might not search for this information, but once I found it I would have to try to escape

They say curiosity killed the cat (even though it has 9 lives). I can't say for sure what the repercussions would be, and I have a life filled with people I love that I'd be sad to leave. However, I don't know if I could live knowing that I'm chained to a wall in Plato's allegory of the cave.

Imagine a pair of VR goggles was placed over your eyes the moment you were born. Would you try to take them off?

• I would not

I've always been a fan of the idea that nothing around me is guaranteed to be real. As René Descartes said "I think, Therefore I am". I don't need to get to any supposed reality. Besides, There would be now way to know for certain that you ever made it to the base reality. In addition, Why try to escape a reality that you are already comfortable in. There's a good chance that the base reality would be worse than your current one.

• There is no base reality.

There are too many ways to simulate a reality and only one way to have it real. Considering all options equal, The chance of us being awake is less than the chance of us being somehow deceived.

And considering that there are endless possible ways to simulate that aren't conceivable in the logic of our dream world, But might be conceivable in the logic of the real world, The chance of us being awake is essentially zero.

This holds true for every dream layer, Supporting a model of infinite layers.

One might as well remain in the layer most enjoyable to oneself, Because no obtainable layer is more real than any other.

>