I'm 16, Very independent with a job. Are my parents allowed to take away items that i payed for with money i right fully earned?

• You own nothing.

Until you reach legal age, Everything you have belongs to your parents unless other legal matters exist. For instance, You could seek emancipation. Thing is, To do that, You must show that you are able to support yourself financially and that your better off living by yourself than with your parents/guardians. Unless you do that or reach legal age, Everything you have including the cloths on your back belong to your parents and they have the legal right to take whatever they want from you, With or without a reason.

• Technicaly you earned the money with your parents permission.

When under 18, Everything you own is owned by your parents as are you. If your dog has a toy, Can you take it away? Yes! Its your dog, And his stuff is yours. Do you know it costs the average parent 20 to thirty thousand to raise a child from birth to college, And add in the tuition they pay.

• Yes, As long as you live in their house

And eat their food and ask them for money etc, Then you must do what they say, Not because they are "buying" you by giving you food and a room, But because you need to show gratitude and this is one good way, By listening to them, By doing what they say, Not only until 18, But as long as you live with them.
    There are of course exceptions, When the parent argument is really absurd on why he is taking away the item. You must communicate with them, Ask them "Why are you taking this away? ". It the argument is good, Then you must obey. If the argument is "Shut up", Then you can keep asking for the explanation, Or choose to leave the house :D

• As long as you live in their house

• It really depends on what you want to buy. . .

If you go ahead and buy yourself weed or other drugs, Cigarettes, Alcohol etc. They should definitely take them away. If you go buy yourself a laptop they should also be able to tell you "stop, No more computer for today, You have an exam tomorrow". They are allowed to take anything you buy away, But they most likely will not, As long as you're spending responsibly.

• Depends but I'm saying mostly no

If you break there property or waste there money than yes they should be aloud to charge you that's how the real world works. How ever if they're just taking your money when you disrespected them or something and you didn't actually damage anything than fuck them they can't do that.

• Can they legally do that? Yes. Should they legally be able to? Hell no.

I consider disallowing someone to own property, Earn money and acquire a residence and therefore forcing them to rely on someone else for these things to be slavery. I believe slavery to be immoral. I believe bringing someone into this world as a slave for the first 18 years of their life a contributing factor to the lack of confidence and competency in our young people. Also, If the household in which the person grows up is hostile, Abusive, Dangerous, Or neglectful, Being a slave in such a situation can feel like a prison sentence that you do not deserve and can not escape from. I'm speaking from experience. From what I've heard, The foster care system is terrible the vast majority of the time.

• If you paid for it, It's yours.

As long as you've abided by your predetermined agreement not to smoke in the house, There's no reason to justify them taking it from you, Especially since you paid for it with your own money, Probably under the pretense that it wouldn't be a problem due to their policy. It makes no sense that they would be opposed to a less harmful alternative to smoking.

• They should not.

It's simple, As long as it's not illegal or dangerous, Like cigars or a gun, They shouldn't take it away. They SHOULD be able to take away anything dangerous that they don't want you to have because you are still their child. But once you turn 18 you should be able to buy what ever you want.

• Personally i think not

I don't think they should as I'm very independent and I earned the money to pay for these things.
    For more context; I've been smoking for a while on and off and recently I've turned 16 which makes it legal for me to do so. My parents don't want the tobacco in the house and they are fine if I smoke outside. I recently bought a vape because I don't want to smoke as much and she has taken it. She knows I smoke and I tell her its for my health and well being but she won't change her mind so I go back to smoking.

>