In the case of beauty, would the world be better off without mirrors?

Asked by: GoodPoint
  • People spend way to much time obsessing over looks,

I like weekends. I like them because I don't have to worry about how I look of who's going to judge me. I like them because I can let my hair fall to its natural air dried curls without feeling embarrassed. I like them because I don't have to watch other people sit in my class and plaster color to their faces in an effort to look more attractive. I understand that putting time and effort into the way you look can show that you're invested and that you care about the given situation, but I don't feel like the world would be any worse off if we spent less time playing judge to our looks, and more time reflecting on our character.

• The mirror is not the problem, the perception of the viewer is.

Our society IS way too judgmental and critical of how a person looks. We value beauty over many other more important characteristics of humanity. However, this is not the fault of the mirror anymore than a knife is at fault in a murder. The perceptions of society would not be changed by the destruction or discontinued use of mirrors. Shallow, self-righteous human beings would still make fun of the overweight, women with larger eyes and tamer hair would still attract more men, and someone who dresses differently would still be the target of ridicule. If anything needs to change, it is our perception of what we see in the mirror that must be altered, not the mirror itself. Altering the mirror, or removing it entirely is a band-aid on the broken leg that is society's obsession with a person's physical characteristics.

kateclancy418 says2017-12-05T07:28:31.353
EFFECTIVE URGENT LOVE-SPELL TO GET YOUR EX BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND BACK FAST!! Unityspelltemple@gmail.Com is certainly the best spell caster online!And his result is 100% guarantee..
Me & my boyfriend was planning to get married last month, just last week we had some argument that made him get angry on me just because of the argument, he said we will not be married again and the next day he left me and we broke up. I still loved him and I wanted him to marry me, for me to get him back i had no choice than to contacted Unityspelltemple@gmail.Com to help me and he helped me to bring my lover back to me so we can continue our plan to be married. He came back after 28 hours .
If you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at: Unityspelltemple@gmail.Com ,
you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2348071622464 ,
you can also visit his website: https://unityspelltempe.blogspot.com .
Jessica
UK
>