• Typical boy band

Absolutely the epitome of boy bands. . Nothing about them is remotely hard core or Evan close. . Just bubble gum music for all the little screaming girls to listen to. . . Thank God just another passing fad of a so called band. So glad my step daughter grew out of this crappy noise

• They are a boyband

According to the Oxford dictionary, a boyband is : "A pop group composed of attractive young men, whose music and image are designed to appeal primarily to a young teenage audience."
    This is a rather accurate description of 5 seconds of summer therefore I, as well as many others, can conclude that they are a boyband.

• Yes Yes Yes

I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.I didn't choose the thug life. The thug life chose me.

• 5 Seconds of Summer is more like a pop/punk band

I get how they are associated with One Direction a lot, but don't let that confuse you on their musical style. They are far from being a boyband and their songs are really hardcore. They may be young kids but they sure do have some rockin' talent for their ages

• They play instruments

They are a Pop music band and play the popular type of boy band songs like one direction. But they play instruments so I don't think they are a boy band. I do think all the other things about them say boy band. . . But they cannot be classified as one.

• 5sos is not a boyband

5 seconds of summer being a band of boys does not make them a "boy-band". 5sos plays all their own instruments; the drums, Guitar, And bass. Not to mention that they sing while doing it. Sometimes they are confused with one direction only because they seems to have similar music and members. However, One direction is definitely a boy band and 5sos is not due to them playing their own instruments. 5sos is probably a punk-rock or a pop-rock band.

• Not a boy band

I don't like one direction but if you google 5sos it says rock band and their genres are pop punk and pop rock and a boy band doesn't play instruments on stage and their music is pre prerecorded they just sing but 5sos all play instruments and all sing not hating on one direction but that takes more talent

• Not a boyband.

5sos is just a band. They play the guitar, bass, and drums just like a normal band does. If it was a group of boys just singing it would be considered a boyband. People don't consider Green Day, All Time Low, Nirvana, or ACDC a boyband because they are boys in a band. No, people call them a band because they play instruments and sing just like 5sos does.

• Just because they are good looking boys who can sing does not make them a boyband.

• Not a boyband

The definition of a Boyband is a band that doesn't play there own instruments. 5sos plays drums, guitar, bass and occasionally more. Have you ever seen One Direction playing their own instruments? NO. Not hating on One Direction I actually like them. But just because it's a popular band of all boys don't say they are a boyband. I love 5sos and I'm not hating on boybands, but 5 Seconds of Summer is NOT one.