Is American cultural imperialism bad for countries around the world?

Asked by: kchaplin
  • We Need to Keep to our selves

America is always in others business we just need to stay within our own boundaries. We have enough resource's and land that we don't have to try and take over another peoples land. We also don't need to be a bunch of Nazis over the world or the world police like bruh

• Cultural Imperialism: Putting the 'Di' In Diversity

America has a lot of benefits; we are a democracy, have freedom of religion, and are technologically advanced. But there are also a lot of negatives about America. When people think of our country, they only think of 'how rich and powerful we are'. And this is intriguing to them. If we are this 'rich and powerful', then shouldn't taking part of our culture make them just as successful? No. Taking an important part of another countries culture that you think has made them a more powerful country will get your country nowhere. Actually, it could deteriorate your country. It's like taking a basketball from a pro basketball player. You may believe you're going to win; I mean, you have a major role of their success. But it actually depends on you, and if you alone can make the shot. Same with taking a role of culture from another country. It may seem like you'll make it just as big, but in the end it's about your own countries ability to succeed in its own way.

• Yes, American culture is not better than others.

Yes, American cultural imperialism is bad for countries around the world, because there are other countries whose cultures are better than American. Particularly with the issue of the way teens and young women act and behave sexually, other countries should not have this forced upon them. Young American women should be more modest.

• American Cultural Imperialism Destorys Other Cultures.

When countries start basing their system off the American way, it starts to destroy the foundations that have made their own country great. Now, it's not bad for every country. Some countries do need change. But diversity is what makes the world great. Borrowing from all systems to create a perfect system would be the ideal way, but we can't ensure that's going to happen.

• No Reason For This

When america imperialized Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Cuba, Philippians, Etc. They lost their land and crops because america was being a greedy ass bitch and wanted things for themselves. America made them on markets for the american's, ONLY THE FUCKING AMERICANS. There was a lot of impact in these places when fucking america imperialized them. SO A BIG FUCK YOU TO AMERICA! :)

• WWIII could begin

If we were to push our limits with culture and more we could start World War 3 and I believe that the majority of the countries should be able to emit their cultural beliefs in any war they feel necessary and not have to worry about being eliminated because of it.

• Imperialzzim is gay boi it iz for the dum jews who cant stand up against the naziz iam i right praz jeasuse and gud

I aint gay fag thats the argument love jeasuse fuck the libtards love trump long live richard spencer i no this becausew my grandpaw was in the klan cuz hes kool he was only 2 per cent black so he was ok info wars and a lex jones taout me evereaying i know

• I agree completely

We come to other countries thinking they are our country and theyre not we only have one country in the world and that's the United States of America. It took me many years to understand this important issue people from many countries from around the world needed me to really understand.

• America should mind its own business

If serious problems arise that directly involve us we need to take action if not then we shouldn't. Keep america safe not us and some other country. If another country needs our help let them ask for it don't just give it to them. Would we as a human being want someone to help us when we don't need it and don't when we need it or would we want it the other way around.

• American cultural is bad

American cultural is bad because it is using money we do not have to spend right now we need to be using our money on military because we do not spend enough money on our military compared to other countries like japan and Korea This is why i thing american cultural is bad

• Nah, we're rocking 13 bars and 50 stars.

American imperialism in my opinion has been proven to help more than burden other countries. I see it as other countries needing help and the U.S> stepping in and helping them out. We're blessed with wealth and a powerful military, so why not use it to help more than just us?

• Sorry, but life sucks

Life sucks and it's full of disappointments. Get over it. And apparently there is a required amount of words that I need before I can submit this. The same goes for the supporting headline. I only need 13 more words needed. Scratch that, I need five more words. Never mind, I don't need any more words except for the supporting headline.

• American cultural imperialism is bad for countries around the world.

American culture being forced on others is wrong, are way of live is different and some might say its better. Who are we to decided on which way of life is better, Japan stayed independent from us and look they are one of the leading nations in the world! They did it all by themselves and came out on top, also building a more stable and reliable economy then the United States.