• Auto-Tune sounds terrible, But good music will still remain if either the trend dies off, Or people actually start using Auto-Tune correctly.

Auto-Tune, When used correctly, Can fit the mood of a song, Like how Daft Punk uses robotic effects to go along with the theme of their music. Generally though, Removing the subtle nuances of the human voice will prove detrimental to a song. Pop singers seem to have this idea that they don't need to be good at singing because they can just use Auto-Tune, But if the correcting tool you're using doesn't even sound good, Then why are you a singer? Take examples from singers like David Bowie, Geddy Lee, Joan Jett, Or Daniel Avidan. None of these people used Auto-Tune, And the natural feel you get from their singing resonates much better.

• It's starting to be the replacement for music.

Seriously. There are a lot of people who want to be singers, Actors, Anybody famous as a substitute for other normal jobs, Which I guess is okay, But what if they really need money, Have no time to practice, And are untalented?
    They will most likely turn to autotune.
    It's destroying music, And driving people out of their education. Autotune shouldn't be a replacement.
    Real music is when the person feels passionate about it, And they weave their feelings throughout the music. If a person sang a sad song, Then that song isn't sad if they sing it without purpose. We are all humans, We all have feelings and emotions and opinions, And to do music right, We should make human nature our music and music our human nature.
    But autotune destroys that.
    With this robotic voice, The song is emotionless. Not even editing out mistakes is okay, Because mistakes are a part of who we are. Making so many mistakes that's people don't like you isn't okay, But a few voice cracks here a there shows that you care about what you do, And care about your singing and voice.
    So we should definitely stop autotuning, And make human nature our music and music our human nature (yes I know I said this, It's just the best quote I've ever came up with)

• It's Doping for The Voice. It's Cheating.

Why Is Doping in Sports Illegal Yet Auto Tune Is Not? Double Standard Anyone? If a person Can't Hold a Note and Sing Naturally than Winning Any Kind Of Grammy or Other Music award Should Not be Possible. Auto Tune Should Be Considered The Same As Performance Enhancing Drugs In Sports...Illegal!

• YES, it is !!!

Autotune is killing music today. Music used to be about talent and drive to perform. Now its any joe schmo off the street who has money and is good looking can be a singer and that is killing the purpose of singing and talent. When I become a singer no auto-tune for me.

• Listen to the pop radio and there's your answer

The "pop" music radio is filled with so many garbage vocalists that in no way deserve the recognition they possess. Almost every single one of the popular music icons heard on the radio use an ungodly amount of autotune that it practically distorts their voice to an unreal extent.

There's a difference in using autotune for an occasional mistake in recording or if you didn't like something after having heard it recorded (it would be much more time-consuming to re-record the entire phrase) and using it to make an untalented dirtbag sound like Siri if it had a few too many upgraded, virtual pills.

I have no problem with musicians using autotune to fix something (as I've stated before), but musicians now are abusing autotune so badly that they're destroying what it means to be a genuine artist.

Not everyone is vocally- or lyrically- inclined. Some "artists" have to get over that and find out what they're *actually good at and use that to their advantage instead of pushing the artistry of music into the ground.

I hope I made sense.

• Auto tune is not music

People that can sing such as old musicians from before the 2000s only learned by singing the same part over and over and we can see how they actually sing for example bruce dickson from iron maiden he probably practiced the same part a lot of times and jus look at their songs. But the use of auto tune have only made people think that they can sing but all we get are crappy music with a lot of lip syncing like a hole bunch of pop musicians

• You don't have to have talent to be musical, but using auto tune ruins the emotion

I am an aspiring Musical Theatre major (I'm a high school sophomore), so before i get really into it I would like to say that I hate auto tune and lip syncing on principal. I could debate most arguments for either one.

Ex: "Well, the pop singers who lip sync can't sing and dance at the same time. It's too hard!" Have you ever seen Broadway show? Or even a community show. They dance and sing their butts off eight shows a week Even with understudies they work extremely hard.

Now for the main point. I can respect most musicians. You can't sing? OK, at least you're doing something you love. However, auto tune ruins music for me. To me music is very personal and shouldn't be run through computers and changed. I believe it takes away the emotion. As a beginning classically changed singer, I also feel it is degrading to singers who work and train to become the best they can.

• Auto tune should burn!!!

After auto tune was invented you didn't need talent to be a good singer. Just think, if auto tune was never created we wouldn't have the songs that your dad says "This is terrible music." and then you switch it to country. Sometimes it can be good but to much will just ruin the voice.

• It is killing music

Because it is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so yea

• Yes it has. Killed music.

A long long time ago
    I can still remember how that music used to make me smile
    And I knew if I had my chance
    That I could make those people dance
    And maybe they'd be happy for a while
    But February made me shiver
    With every paper I'd deliver
    Bad news on the doorstep
    I couldn't take one more step
    I can't remember if I cried
    When I read about his widowed bride
    But something touched me deep inside
    The day the music died

Helter Skelter in a summer swelter
    The birds flew off with a fallout shelter
    Eight miles high and falling fast
    It landed foul on the grass
    The players tried for a forward pass
    With the Jester on the sidelines in a cast
    Now the half-time air was sweet perfume
    While the Sergeants played a marching tune
    We all got up to dance
    Oh but we never got the chance
    'Cause the players tried to take the field
    The marching band refused to yield
    Do you recall what was revealed
    The day the music died
    We started singing

Oh, and there we were, all in one place
    A generation lost in space
    With no time left to start again
    So come on, Jack, be nimble, Jack be quick
    Jack Flash sat on a candlestick
    'Cause fire is the devils only friend
    Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
    My hands were clenched in fists of rage
    No angel born in Hell
    Could break that Satan's spell
    And as flames climbed high into the night
    To light the sacrificial rite
    I saw Satan laughing with delight
    The day the music died
    He was singing

I met a girl who sang the blues
    And I asked her for some happy news
    But she just smiled and turned away
    I went down to the sacred store
    Where I'd heard the music years before
    But the man there said the music wouldn't play

And in the streets the children screamed
    The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed
    But not a word was spoken
    The church bells all were broken
    And the three men I admire most
    The Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
    They caught the last train for the coast
    The day the music died
    And they were singin'

Bye-bye, Miss American Pie
    Drove my chevy to the levy
    But the levy was dry
    And them good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye
    Singing this'll be the day that I die

• Lack of creativity is killing the music industry

Music is not something that can be killed- the industry, however, is using autotune to cash in. Technology can very easily be used (AND HAS BEEN) to create incredible music, from great muscians. I'd say that the christian worships genre & and new country have killed music just as much as autotuned genre pop has. It's all about finding a formula that people like. The industry likes creativity, but not if it means loosing money. The instrument is not the problem, it's the musicians using it.

• Technology leads the way:

Is this not what humans wanted? From the models who are photoshopped to the music that is mystically produced and perfected humans enjoy this. As a matter of fact there are advents such as Miku in Japan, an entirely digital band, complete with holographic characters!

This is how mankind evolves.

• Autotune can't replace talent, But it's not bad at all.

Autotune is kind of like an instrument if an artist knows how to use it the right way. The electric guitar used to be a crazy new invention, But now it's common in music and nobody is mad about it.

Most pop artists at least use a little autotune to make their voices sound better. But if you want to hear a good example of a creative way to use autotune, Listen to Charli XCX's more recent music, Especially her Pop 2 mixtape. She unapologetically turns the autotune all the way up to give her voice a cold, Robotic quality that can sound really cool.

Don't get me wrong, Nothing can ever replace a truly amazing vocalist. If autotune could replicate true vocal talent, We'd have no need for Beyoncé, Adele, And other amazing vocalists. Autotune can't make someone sound talented. It just lets artists stay in tune so they can share their creative vision with the world.

If you don't like the sound of autotune, Don't listen to it. I'm not going to criticize anyone for preferring a live Broadway performance or classic rock over Top 40 or experimental music. I like autotune, But I still appreciate a talented vocalist. Autotune can't make up for a complete lack of talent and creativity. Good music isn't good just because of the vocal ability of the singer. Songwriting, Production, And many more elements are essential to music. Autotune simply gives more people an opportunity to share art with the world.

• Depends on how it is used -

When auto-tune is used by a musician who relies on it to make their voice sound better while singing, then it somewhat ruins the value and appreciation of talent in the industry. HOWEVER, when an artist uses auto-tune to embody an entirely different persona in their music, or to make something that would normally sound boring (like humming) sound cool, then it is not "killing music". And if "killing music" means setting new standards of what is popular, go ahead back to the 60's and scold The Beatles for shaping pop in a different way than it was before.

• Depends on how you use it

Autotune is not bad in itself. You just need to utilize it properly and in a good manner like how Travis Scott does. There are artists that do not know how to use autotune properly to create an atmosphere or art. Also, it is all right for autotune to be lightly used in order to fix your singing at times, just do not overuse it. Autotune is just a tool, and just because someone does not know how to sing does not mean that autotune will fix everything for them.

• No, because talentless people get popular regardless.

Auto-tune can definitely be used to make a horrendous voice sound okay- and I don't support that. It should be talented people that get popular, people who deserve it. But talentless people get popular often, whether Auto-tune is involved or not. After all, Vanilla Ice got popular way before Auto-tune. There are other ways of covering up a lack of talent. Also, 'killing music'? You can still listen to good music nowadays, you don't have to listen to Top 40!

>