• Your mum gay from auto-tune

Auto-tune is turning all of our mums gay, This needs to stop before everyone is lesbian even tough i do like lesbian porn A LOT. I want to keep my dad before auto-tune consumes all human beings putting an end to the human race forever. I needed 6 more words so I added this :)

• Yes it kill

Listening 50s 60s 70s 80s and early 90s stuff, Starting from rock, Heavy metal, Glam metal, Trashmetal, Popmusic, And other genres what i or not mentionet. They don't needed auto tune because they are experienced singing, They emotion can feel in song with lyrics and without electromusic and auto tuning they can get peoples to listen and no need learn nothing new, But today we use auto tune voices in pop, Rap(90s rap feels undreground and better than todays), They play everytime in radio only because they are popular only using autotune and makes diference when you listen no autotune or with autotune songs.

• Yes but not always

I don't think the creative use of it (think the "effect" type use by Kanye West or Sufjan Stevens) is bad by any means. Nor do I think correcting the odd note is a grave sin. I do think, However, That it's creating an unfair expectation of perfection from pop music. There was a certain thrill in the imperfect vocal performances of the past - it's unfortunate to see how little mistakes are no longer so tolerable in a lot of mainstream music because of the popularity of autotune, When it's often those mistakes that gave performances their humanity. Also sucks if you don't like using it because you have to work even harder now. And why on earth are there *musicals* that use it? You can cast anyone, Cast someone who can sing!

• Auto tune should burn!

After auto tune was invented you didn't need talent to be a good singer. Just think, If auto tune was never created we wouldn't have the songs that your dad says "This is terrible music. " and then you switch it to country. Sometimes it can be good but to much will just ruin the voice.

• It obviously is

Since when did sounding like R2-D2 make your music good? All of the newer people that have arrived to the music world seem to be pure garbage. Everyone like Juice WRLD and Lil Uzi Vert and Lil Yatchy ( whats with the lil) and everyone is forgetting the greats that came before them Like Eminem, 50 cent, And joyner lucas. Some people are just not good enough to produce good music so the use autotune.

• Auto-Tune sounds terrible, But good music will still remain if either the trend dies off, Or people actually start using Auto-Tune correctly.

Auto-Tune, When used correctly, Can fit the mood of a song, Like how Daft Punk uses robotic effects to go along with the theme of their music. Generally though, Removing the subtle nuances of the human voice will prove detrimental to a song. Pop singers seem to have this idea that they don't need to be good at singing because they can just use Auto-Tune, But if the correcting tool you're using doesn't even sound good, Then why are you a singer? Take examples from singers like David Bowie, Geddy Lee, Joan Jett, Or Daniel Avidan. None of these people used Auto-Tune, And the natural feel you get from their singing resonates much better.

• It's starting to be the replacement for music.

Seriously. There are a lot of people who want to be singers, Actors, Anybody famous as a substitute for other normal jobs, Which I guess is okay, But what if they really need money, Have no time to practice, And are untalented?
    They will most likely turn to autotune.
    It's destroying music, And driving people out of their education. Autotune shouldn't be a replacement.
    Real music is when the person feels passionate about it, And they weave their feelings throughout the music. If a person sang a sad song, Then that song isn't sad if they sing it without purpose. We are all humans, We all have feelings and emotions and opinions, And to do music right, We should make human nature our music and music our human nature.
    But autotune destroys that.
    With this robotic voice, The song is emotionless. Not even editing out mistakes is okay, Because mistakes are a part of who we are. Making so many mistakes that's people don't like you isn't okay, But a few voice cracks here a there shows that you care about what you do, And care about your singing and voice.
    So we should definitely stop autotuning, And make human nature our music and music our human nature (yes I know I said this, It's just the best quote I've ever came up with)

• It's Doping for The Voice. It's Cheating.

Why Is Doping in Sports Illegal Yet Auto Tune Is Not? Double Standard Anyone? If a person Can't Hold a Note and Sing Naturally than Winning Any Kind Of Grammy or Other Music award Should Not be Possible. Auto Tune Should Be Considered The Same As Performance Enhancing Drugs In Sports...Illegal!

• YES, it is !!!

Autotune is killing music today. Music used to be about talent and drive to perform. Now its any joe schmo off the street who has money and is good looking can be a singer and that is killing the purpose of singing and talent. When I become a singer no auto-tune for me.

• Listen to the pop radio and there's your answer

The "pop" music radio is filled with so many garbage vocalists that in no way deserve the recognition they possess. Almost every single one of the popular music icons heard on the radio use an ungodly amount of autotune that it practically distorts their voice to an unreal extent.

There's a difference in using autotune for an occasional mistake in recording or if you didn't like something after having heard it recorded (it would be much more time-consuming to re-record the entire phrase) and using it to make an untalented dirtbag sound like Siri if it had a few too many upgraded, virtual pills.

I have no problem with musicians using autotune to fix something (as I've stated before), but musicians now are abusing autotune so badly that they're destroying what it means to be a genuine artist.

Not everyone is vocally- or lyrically- inclined. Some "artists" have to get over that and find out what they're *actually good at and use that to their advantage instead of pushing the artistry of music into the ground.

I hope I made sense.

• Lack of creativity is killing the music industry

Music is not something that can be killed- the industry, however, is using autotune to cash in. Technology can very easily be used (AND HAS BEEN) to create incredible music, from great muscians. I'd say that the christian worships genre & and new country have killed music just as much as autotuned genre pop has. It's all about finding a formula that people like. The industry likes creativity, but not if it means loosing money. The instrument is not the problem, it's the musicians using it.

• Technology leads the way:

Is this not what humans wanted? From the models who are photoshopped to the music that is mystically produced and perfected humans enjoy this. As a matter of fact there are advents such as Miku in Japan, an entirely digital band, complete with holographic characters!

This is how mankind evolves.

• To someone, You're always cheating.

Pop music is entertainment. Is the actor who plays batman cheating because he can't actually fly?

If auto tune is cheating, You should count any other vocal processing too. Throw out EQing, Compressors, Delays, Reverb. These are all added to vocals in EVERY track to enhance the singers sound.

To someone, You're always cheating. A musician that only performed live in the 1800s will think you're a cheat if you re-record something in a studio. A traditional guitarist will think you're a cheat if you use a loop pedal. I'm sure music producers who use digital audio workstations (DAWs) (logic pro, Fl studio, Pro tools etc. . ) are cheats to traditional musicians who play instruments and compose on paper.

Since the emergence of pop, And rise of technology, Music talent has been on the decline. Auto tune is not the only thing that has contributed to it. If the argument is to scrap auto tune, May as well throw out synthesisers, DAWs, Microphones.

The reality is the market has set a demand for this sound. Times change. Its called evolution. It doesn't have to be your cup of tea. It's not really mine in all honesty. Its not going to be for everyone, Just like EVERY genre of music.

Notice that every generation, The older ones always shit on the younger generations music choice. 'Thats not real music. Its just noise'. The cycle seems to be in full force here.

• Autotune can't replace talent, But it's not bad at all.

Autotune is kind of like an instrument if an artist knows how to use it the right way. The electric guitar used to be a crazy new invention, But now it's common in music and nobody is mad about it.

Most pop artists at least use a little autotune to make their voices sound better. But if you want to hear a good example of a creative way to use autotune, Listen to Charli XCX's more recent music, Especially her Pop 2 mixtape. She unapologetically turns the autotune all the way up to give her voice a cold, Robotic quality that can sound really cool.

Don't get me wrong, Nothing can ever replace a truly amazing vocalist. If autotune could replicate true vocal talent, We'd have no need for Beyoncé, Adele, And other amazing vocalists. Autotune can't make someone sound talented. It just lets artists stay in tune so they can share their creative vision with the world.

If you don't like the sound of autotune, Don't listen to it. I'm not going to criticize anyone for preferring a live Broadway performance or classic rock over Top 40 or experimental music. I like autotune, But I still appreciate a talented vocalist. Autotune can't make up for a complete lack of talent and creativity. Good music isn't good just because of the vocal ability of the singer. Songwriting, Production, And many more elements are essential to music. Autotune simply gives more people an opportunity to share art with the world.

• Depends on how it is used -

When auto-tune is used by a musician who relies on it to make their voice sound better while singing, then it somewhat ruins the value and appreciation of talent in the industry. HOWEVER, when an artist uses auto-tune to embody an entirely different persona in their music, or to make something that would normally sound boring (like humming) sound cool, then it is not "killing music". And if "killing music" means setting new standards of what is popular, go ahead back to the 60's and scold The Beatles for shaping pop in a different way than it was before.

• Depends on how you use it

Autotune is not bad in itself. You just need to utilize it properly and in a good manner like how Travis Scott does. There are artists that do not know how to use autotune properly to create an atmosphere or art. Also, it is all right for autotune to be lightly used in order to fix your singing at times, just do not overuse it. Autotune is just a tool, and just because someone does not know how to sing does not mean that autotune will fix everything for them.

• No, because talentless people get popular regardless.

Auto-tune can definitely be used to make a horrendous voice sound okay- and I don't support that. It should be talented people that get popular, people who deserve it. But talentless people get popular often, whether Auto-tune is involved or not. After all, Vanilla Ice got popular way before Auto-tune. There are other ways of covering up a lack of talent. Also, 'killing music'? You can still listen to good music nowadays, you don't have to listen to Top 40!