• Do not bother reading this.

I know the proper response is no, I just wanted to be the only over here. Morals are a belief system within one's self that tells them whether or not something should be done, and this can sometimes in fact include violence. Also, to get through to you guys...

WATER IS WET, VERY WET.

• Using violence is rarely moral, but morality is more than that.

The people who fight wars in what they believe in and to protect others have no choice but to use violence. Violence itself should be avoided however.

Emotional abuse isn't exactly violent but is clearly harmful. If a mom tells her child that he should of been aborted and his existence is a drag on her life because he is a selfish b word, that isn't moral.

Nor is theft, of which doesn't need to be violent.

• Morality has a deeper meaning than just being "violent"

Sacrifice. This word can come about as insane when some peacekeepers suggest it to solve problems. But the truth is, morality is having both hindsight and foresight, then making the decision. In an interview, Gandhi was asked one of the hardest questions in his life, "What would he do to stop Hitler?"
    His suggestion was to take seven Jews to a cliff and have them all jump off, guilting Hitler into halting his schemes. I personally think this would've worked, but its hard to say. And that's the reason people called him crazy because it was such an intense risk and he had no problem suggesting it. But that is probably one of the greatest examples of morality in history. Others refused to understand that sometimes, sacrifices have to be made for the greater good. I'm sure if the Jews really wanted their freedom, some may have chosen to do so.

• Immorality does not mean violence

To behave immorally means to be violent or commit immoral acts without a justifiable reason or motive, And depending on what it entails. There are times when actions that are normally deemed disreputable can be justified under certain circumstances. Taking another person's life is deemed a moral evil, But in self-defense situations you have a legitimate reason for killing that person. People like Adam Lanza, Adolf Hitler and other infamous people in history did not have legitimate reasons or motives for doing what they did. There can be objective right and wrong ways of acting with the standard being subjectively/relatively defined.

• I agree with the guy above when he says: Using violence is rarely moral, But morality is more than that.

Morality can not be based on a simple yes and no question. Life is full of scenario which each one will have to be handled differently and. It would take a life time to explain it.
    It like the train track scenario:
    you are on a train there is a team of ten workers on the track you shout to them and they can hear you. To save there lives you can turn the direction of the train on to the left track. But of course there is one person there; they can not hear you either. If you turn on to the left track you would save 10 lives but would be a murder. If you did not change the direction of the track you would let 10 innocent men die.
    I hope no one is ever in this scenario.
    Of course I could go on to the value of each human life and is it the same bla bla bla but I would be here for ever
    but this show there is never a yes or no answer to life I may be wrong in some people eyes but that is because ever person has a unique moral code with different opinions.
    I would just say it isn't immoral to use violence but I believe it should be avoided and no one should ever be violent for a no reason or for a petty reason.

It like the train track scenario:
    I hope no one is ever in this scenario.

>