• Yes it is a sport.

People from all around the world bowl in high levels of play. There is even a professional league just like every other sport that plays globally. Just like any sport, In order to get good at bowling you must practice on a daily or weekly basis and get whatever equipment is necessary to help you succeed. If you ever get a chance to, Watch a PBA bowling tournament on youtube and it will definetly help explain that it truly is a port. However, People do just go bowling for fun. Therefore, For some people is may not be considered a sport even though it really is.

• Um yes duh

Its so simple to all the idiots who think it isn't try it and see if you can bowl over 250 every game like a pro player can. Huh not so easy is it? Yeah we noticed, But don't worry we'll wait for you to catch up. Sorry not sorry

• I play bowling as a High School sport. We practice everyday like any other sport and play almost every weekend when season is in.

We play six games in a tournament with a break in between and those six games take hours to do. We would get to the place at 8:00 am and be leaving there around 4:00 pm. So I would say it is a sport because we go out of the way of our life to do something competitive and what thing would that be if it is not a sport.

• Dfjasdfkj asd fkjasdlkf

ASDKF NASD LKFJA SDfasldj as dlkfja;sldk jf;asld jf;lasd ;ljasd; lkjf;lasd jf ;alsdj fl;adhjs fkljadshf ljhsd fl;ksdhf ojshdf jadfkj a;sdf asdjkngf klj cxbsdlkf gasdlkf gasiud pasif sadlbjf jbc jldfnk df; nln k knl. H bjlbj b jkb jkb jk bkn. K k bk bk k bj bj j bjlj lj

• Ql'kdffrrrreqqq qrgerqgqe qevedv

23roi 1342r er r r r ukp6jr;h jlo[r
    8]ljpkhgi ro8p9-igu hjokk jrhnkl jnbhn hjbgvhjkl ;'\ ][poiu ygtrf
    r5t t tg gt t t 0lt p;t lotp ;tlo gtp;[' ;pg[ ' ] \ ;g [g ;g pg ' ;g ;g pg. G ]hl o
    /h i[l. Hp
    h [l9]h/og l';p[ ]
    \ ]t0'o[l;p\']lKI+po

• Definitely a sport

I bowl on professional teams and leagues and I of all people know it's a sport. The definition of a competitive sport is a sport that requires skill, participation, technique, and requires physical action. Does bowling need all of those, yes. If you think that bowling is not a sport, you do not know how bowling works, how fun it is, or how it benefits kids.

• Here's the Proof

From the International SPORTS Convention "As a competitive sport, bowling presents a truly demanding athletic challenge. Mental and physical Precision, exceptional hand/eye coordination, unwavering muscle memory, and endurance are all required for bowling skill. Consider that in any given tournament, a bowler walks four miles; lifts, swings, and throws four tons; and must deliver every ball within four-tenths of an inch of a selected mark in order to reach a target which is 60 feet away and only one and six-tenths inches wide. Indeed, the challenges posed by bowing have been described as unique to all of sport."

• What is the definition of a sport.

An activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment. First of all, a 4 step approach is equal to a mile after only three games. Also, bowling is very competitive, the pros you see on TV get money for WINNING those competitions. Finally it is a skill that you are taught. Sure you could just throw a ball down the lane and hope for the best, but some of us have custom balls set for our hands and our hands only. I personally have a coach who has been helping me for some time now. I mean you can throw a basketball in a hoop every once in a while but that doesn't make it any less of a sport, you can also throw a football around. But by definition, bowling meets all of the criteria of being a sport.

• Definitely a sport

Why is this a debate, for the people who think it’s a game, it involves no physical activity. DONT YOU NEED TO MOVE TO DO SOMETHING? Bowling has a perfect mix of skill and luck. You chuck the ball with your arm, that’s physical. If bowling isn’t a sport, neither is badminton or tennis

• It is a sport.

I have been bowling for as long as I can remember. This sport has pushed me to stay in physical shape to be the best at what I do so I can remain at the top of my game and competitive. Any one who says bowling has no variables probably just knows the guys with beer guts who bowl on Saturday night. Bowling is an NCAA sport for women and it has two professional associations. If you go out on the PBA tour and look down the house you will see maybe two people who aren't in the prime shape but they're not far off. So lets educate ourselves before we going around hating on thing people love why don't we.

• Obviously not a sport - just a game

First, I give credit that you need very good skills to play the game of bowling consistently well. I like bowling and it's fun.

But saying that, when you can be completely out of shape and still bowl a perfect game, the peak achievement of the "sport", it's embarrassing to call that a sport. Please do not ever say it's a sport because of a 16lb ball (way less then 10% most bowlers body weight). Just don't. Even so, if someone can still bowl a perfect game with a lighter ball, that makes it even more embarrassing to make the argument that the ball is heavy. A skinny 10 year old boy has bowled a perfect game! Is he that much stronger and more athlete than you? And for god's sake, this is a game with no variables either. It's you, a flat lane and the same number of pins all the time.

• Lmao not a sport, its a game

At this rate every game is being referred to as a sport from video games to bowling. A real sport is a war against the opponent, an effort a physical and mental one requiring training and hard work. Where as in games like bowling the objective is to get a high score and/or beat other high scores. Yes, bowling has team competitions but once again the objective is to beat the other's free attempt at doing so. Where in real sports its a fight for the score, no free shots. Yes your job is to get score, but you fight to keep the opponent from scoring and you fight to try to score. Real competition. You win not just because you scored more but because you proved you can get past the opponent and while not letting them pass you, You actually win, they could not beat YOU. In games people beat your SCORE.

• Not a sport

During bowling you do not need nearly any physical strength or ability. Bowling is a recreational activity a game a hobby not a sport. Sports not to involve running and perspiration from physical activity. It may take skill but there is not nearly enough physical activity. That is why bowling is not a sport.

• Why are people still debating this issue?

If you can smoke and drink while competing in it, and it doesn't negatively impact your performance, it is not a sport. The only people who argue that is a sport are those who are serious about it.

There is not enough physical activity involved to be classified as a sport.

• It's not athletic

Literally all you do in bowling is roll a heavy ball, and pick up a new ball. Sure, there are competitions, and teams, but the same can be said of LOL or chess. It has very little physical exertion; it is certainly not a sport, in any meaning of the word.

• Bowling is not a sport

Bowling is not a sport. It is an activity, hobby, or a game. It requires almost no physical exertion; the most being carrying a rather heavy ball (up to 16 lbs.) a few steps, then rolling it. It may require skill, but so do crafts, board games, and other HOBBIES. It's not a sport.

• Bowling is not a sport

Bowling is more like an activity or a game. The only physical exertion is carrying a ball that is only up to 16 lbs., walking a few step, and ROLLING (not even throwing) it. It may require skill but so does jewelry making or any board-game, both of which most people consider activities or hobbies.

• Not a Sport

It may require skill. There may be competitions, but bowling is a game, not a sport. If you think about it, there is nothing physical about the sport, except you carry a heavy ball.

You don't need to be physically fit to play bowling, whether you are a pro or ametuer.

• No. Just no.

Just no. Boring. I don't think this is a sport, it sucks, nothing to do with it, I hate it.

• LMAO no way tf

>