• It’s a soup

I was having life crisis I couldn’t sleep at night thinking of this and I believe it is a soup. You got the liquid you got the chunk. What else do you need to have to be classified as soup. Bleach soup could be served cold. Boom boom boom boom

• This shit is a soup my mans.

It's a soup no questions asked. Cream of mushroom got cream in it and thats basically milk so like they're basically the same thing. Cereal is carbohydrates, Noodles are carbohydrates BOOM! Cereal is a god damn soup. Definitely the best soup I've ever tasted in my life. @ me hoes if you got a problem.

• Yes it is!

Soup is a substance with liquid but does not have a taste such as milk when u eat cereal with milk, You don't just taste the milk you taste the cereal. It like a noodle soup. It has more chunks in it then liquid like noodle soup. Cereal is SOUP!

• Anybody that has half a brain would realize cereal is a soup

Soup is, By definition, A liquid based food usually with chunks of meat or vegetables in it, And I'm pretty sure that cereal is made of oats or grain, BOTH OF WHICH are vegetables. And nowhere in the soup bible does it say it has to be hot to be soup, Gazpacho and sea weed soup are both served cold

• Cereal is soup

It is. Mmv v v vv v vv v vv v v v. Vv v v v. V v v v v v. V. V v. Vv v v v. V v v vv v. V v vv. Vv. Vv v. V v. V v v v vv. V v v

• Its soup people

Cereal is a kind of breakfast, But it’s is a kind of food with a liquid in it. By definition, Cereal IS a soup. Just like a hotdog and a taco is a sandwich. Ima drop the mic boi. This is just to fill in words to post the carp.

• I am soup broth3r

Soup is liquid and sometimes has solid food in it so if its milk and cereal it is soup lmao just eat it but for the uncultured swines this argument will be stuck in yo head every time you eat and drink cereal soup and you know it trsrv refe frezvgw

• It is a soup

It is a soup it is a soup it is a soup it is a soup it is a soup it is a soup it is a soup v v v v v v v it is a soup it is a soup it is a soup it is a soup it is a soup

• The question isn’t whether it’s soup.

I think sauce is ruled out from the beginning, because you don’t normally have more or an equivalent amount of sauce on a food. Broth and Soup is a tricky one but you have to understand the differences. Now looking at the basic definition of broth provided by Merrimack Webster, “soup consisting of meat or vegetable chunks, and often rice, cooked in stock.” You see that a broth is merely a form of soup. So this leaves the only logical answer being a soup right? Well I’m not convinced. You see looking at the definition of soup, “Soup is a primarily liquid food, generally served warm or hot, that is made by combining ingredients of meat or vegetables with stock, juice, water, or another liquid.” You see here that cereal does not really match this description either. This leads us into the heated debate as to whether or not soup can be cold. You might be thinking, “soup can’t be cold,” but i have some examples for you. Okroshka from Russia, cold seaweed soup from Korea, and Spanish soup called Gazpacho are three of many example I could use. Not only this, but many of you might be forgetting at this point that cereal can be hot. When you eat oatmeal or cream of wheats you might be tempted to forget that what you’re eating is a cereal. But alas, it is. Coming from the definition of cereal which is, “a breakfast food made from roasted grain, typically eaten with milk.” So to conclude my argument, I would like to make my final point. CEREAL IS A SOUP.

• Us intellectuals know Cereal with Milk is a soup

While many of my peers of my school state that cereal with milk is not a soup, the truth cannot be hidden. It is soup. The non-intellectuals state that the soup needs to be hot/cooked, needs to have a broth, and that cereal is just cereal. First, there are plenty of cold soups, such as Okroshka from Russia, cold seaweed soup from Korea, Spanish soup called Gazpacho, and so much more. Some of the cold soups are cooked, then chilled, but many does not even need have heat applied to it. The broth debate of the soup goes into the core definition of soup. The definition of soup does say along the line of, "TYPICALLY contains broth..." There are plenty of milk based soups, that does not specifically need broths. Finally, when I ask people, "If it's not a soup, what is it?", they reply with absurd answers, such as that it's a sauce, or a salad, but most say its just cereal, nothing else. I do not disagree with this that cereal is cereal, since that is a known fact. However, this is about the type of dish, such as soup, salad, roast, sauce, sandwiches, and etc. Among these types of dish types, cereal with milk is undoubtedly a soup.

-Woo

• The liquid milk in your cereal isn't boiling.

If we were to define soup, it can be easily defined as: a bowl of a heated/boiling liquid that can also be mixed with other ingredients.

What cereal is contradicts that definition. Cereal is made of some sort of crunchy flakes mixed in with nice, cold, fresh milk. The total opposite of soup. Plus, cereal eaten as a nice healthy breakfast.

Soup is eaten to calm or heal the body. So if cereal was a soup, wouldn't that change the definition of what soup is?

• In my opinion, a better definition:

Soup: "a liquid food made by boiling or simmering meat, fish, or vegetables with various added ingredients." -Dictionary.Com
    Since cereal is normally not made using such elements as meat, fish, or vegetables, and it almost never requires any preliminary simmering, I cannot morally consider it a soup. Now, my argument is simply based upon Dictionary.Com's definition, and definitions of the same word may vary from dictionary to dictionary, but the definition used by tacoman987 is debatably questionable. The fact that the definition used the word it is attempting to define is alarmingly... Alarming. If you tried to break the definition down and define each individual word, you would eventually attempt to define the word "soup" which you would find is a substance that resembles soup. But what is "soup?" Oh yeah, it is a substance that resembles soup! Wait... As you can see, you eventually run into this baffling, silly cycle. I for one completely agree with triton11 in claiming that breakfast cereal is a soup is positively preposterous.

• Of course it is NOT

Even using that definition, think about cereal. What type of soup does it resemble? Cereal was not made to resemble soup, it was made to give people of all ages a healthy alternative to other breakfast snacks. Cereal starts crunchy and cold, and progressively gets soggy and warm. Soup does the opposite. Due to this logic, cereal is not soup. But it is the shiznits.

• Of course it's not.

It's called "cereal" and it's a category, because there is different kinds of cereal. Soup is a category too, because there are different kinds of soup. It's like saying is my bread meat? Or is my phone a rubber ducky lol? It could be made into a hybrid but it's your life right?

• It's still cereal if it's dry

The debate at hand argues that cereal is a soup because it has solid chunks floating in a liquid mass (forgive the imagery). However, cereal is in fact still cereal if the liquid--the milk--were to be removed, therefore rendering cereal not reliant on the liquid, not liquid-based, and therefore not soup.

• Cereal not soup

Cereal is cereal. Soup is soup. Cereal is not soup. Soup is not cereal. Do you eat your Frosted Flakes in chicken broth? Do you put your chicken and vegetables in milk? No. With that being said, cereal could not possibly be soup.
    This question is very insulting to cereal enthusiasts, I think I'm going to have to report you to Captain Crunch.

• It's fact soup is not cereal.

Soup is with broth and cereal is with milk. You look up the definition of the two and they're different. Do you put milk with chicken and rice? NO you put broth, therefore feral and soup are completely different. Also, as said previously soup is salty and cereal is not.

• Did u really ask this? NO!

Do people call soup soup? Yes! Do people call cereal cereal? Yes! Do people call cereal soup or soup cereal? NO! Cereal is its own catagory, soup is its own catagory. Soup is hot, cereal is (mostly) either dry, wet, cold, or any combination of the two. So ya... Cereal is not soup.

• Soup is specific in what it means

There are many foods that seem similar because they have a liquid property but fall under different categories. These are some of them and they are all classed differently.

-Broth
    -Soup
    -Stew
    -Bisque
    -Chowder
    -Gumbo
    -Oatmeal
    -Cereal

There are differences to why they are named differently, you are free to look this up. Cereal is it's own category. I would say it's biggest difference is that it's solely based on milk, grains, chocolate, peanut butter, fruits or other sweet/desert sugary consistency.

• Is water wet

What the hell are people thinking today? Saying cereal is soup is like saying is water wet? People are soooooooooo stupid to think that soup and cereal are the same. DUMB ASS PEOPLE don’t know why the fuck they are talking about these days. Fagots need to stop and think sometime.

>